The digital TV wars

Guest BlackSpy

Guest BlackSpy

Need some advice from people with digital TV subscriptions.

Optus, T-Box, Netflix, Stan, etc etc etc.

Which one do you have? Which one is best? etc etc etc

Go.

It's the truth, the art of visual media has been corrupted and sold to the highest bidder. I could watch the first five seasons of Archer on Google Play, but the sixth I had to watch on itunes which has to be downloaded to be watched :nono:

Edited by ColdRock

Netflix has the first 2 seasons of vikings but not the 3rd  :nono:

But the netflix produced stuff is great, 
Narcos, House of Cards, Orange is the new Black, Club de Cuervos (now there is a great show) etc..

As well as movies, 
Beasts of no Nation is pretty good

and documentaries like 'Winter on Fire, Ukraines' fight for freedom'

I have Netflix and recently got a free 6 month sub to Stan. Both are great but Netflix is a clear winner imo. It's exclusive and original programming is excellent and continually growing. If you have a VPN you can also change regions to unlock way more content. 

Stan is surprisingly good too, especially when it comes to movies. Minimal original things though. 

Boardwalk Empire would be 'Presto', which is Foxtel digital app. Most of it's HBO shows would be on that. 

Edited by JoFo

I have a VPN to get around geo-blocking  :ninja: Best investment I ever made! My Apple TV is set-up as if I was in America. 

I had American Netflix before it was even out in Australia. 

If you're looking to get Netflix, it's the way to go. The US content library is infinitely bigger than the Australian version and it's cheaper too, even with the exchange rate.

I agree with Nath about their original content. I've just started watching Narcos and House of Cards and OITNB are great. I also just finished one of their doco series called "Making a Murderer" which was awesome (see doco thread). 

Having the Apple TV US set-up, I also have Hulu which is way better than Stan or Presto. Hulu has more current programs and updates episodes as they air in the US. 

Their content library is huge too, probably almost rivals Netflix. Vikings S3 (Nath!), Modern Family, Homeland, The Good Wife, Family Guy and Arrow are just some off the top of my head.

HBO have their own subscription service in the US. You have to have a physical cable subscription over there to get the digital service though. I'm working on a way round it as we speak  :ninja:  

Between Netflix and Hulu, it's about $20 a month but it's 90% of what I would watch. Foxtel or illegal free online streaming fill in the blanks  :P I hardly watch Australian TV anymore, US TV is sooo much better!

Go.

Ive sent you a DM with a voucher / coupon code for 1 Month free access to Presto.

Let me know what you think of it :)

Guest BlackSpy

Go.

Ive sent you a DM with a voucher / coupon code for 1 Month free access to Presto.

Let me know what you think of it :)

Ooooiooiiioooooooooooooooioii

Thank you sir.

Not doing drink tickets anymore?

These alcoholics must've bled you dry.

I have fox but if they move the epl to Optus only I'll be switching.

I have an Optus mobile and they just offered me free Netflix for three months, provided I sign up before March (can cancel it anytime), so there's a possibility of packages involving those things when epl goes over. Something to keep in mind.

I got Netflix at the start of December, you get a free month when you sign up, it's been awesome.

First show I watched was Narcos, that show was insane. House of cards is mad as well. Just started watching homeland now.

Through Telstra around the same time I got a free 6 months subscription to Presto but with Netflix haven't had a chance to watch anything.

Got Netflix a while back for $12 and flicked about $40 worth of foxtel.

I also got a 6 month free sub for presto, used it a couple of times but haven't gone back, the ease of use for Netflix (on xbox360) beats presto which needs some other hardware to get to my tv.

Foxtel without sport is absolute ****.

So many channels but literally nothing to watch.

If only one of these new players offered live football, or sport in general, foxtel could be extinct within a few years.

Foxtel without sport is absolute ****.

During the a-league off season, I'm dropping the sports package off entirely.  the base will remain just to keep the IQ/PVR and the account active