Jump to content
Prydzopolis

David Squires Cartoons

Recommended Posts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Squires on the A-league postponement

The last panel says it all

David Squires on ... the absence of the A-League for the foreseeable future https://www.theguardian.com/sport/ng-interactive/2020/mar/27/david-squires-on-the-absence-of-the-a-league-for-the-foreseeable-future?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No A League and his best one for ages 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2020/apr/09/david-squires-on-craving-a-return-to-some-kind-of-normality?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

 

The Carole Baskin wedding and the Nrl cells are the best 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The return of David Squires on the A-league. And yes, the Smurfs training before restrictions were lifted  has not been punished yet if ever. Just like their salary cap breaches

David Squires on ... the return of the once-forgotten A-League https://www.theguardian.com/sport/ng-interactive/2020/jun/19/david-squires-on-the-return-of-the-once-forgotten-a-league?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

The return of David Squires on the A-league. And yes, the Smurfs training before restrictions were lifted  has not been punished yet if ever. Just like their salary cap breaches

David Squires on ... the return of the once-forgotten A-League https://www.theguardian.com/sport/ng-interactive/2020/jun/19/david-squires-on-the-return-of-the-once-forgotten-a-league?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

 

Nice little dig at Ned Zelic too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of good Simpsons references too. The RBB in the bushes, Gallop/Turnbull Monorail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was it ever actually confirmed that it was a WSW fan who reported them or has that one tweet just become "fact" now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Davo said:

Was it ever actually confirmed that it was a WSW fan who reported them or has that one tweet just become "fact" now?

AFAIK it was never confirmed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Davo said:

Was it ever actually confirmed that it was a WSW fan who reported them or has that one tweet just become "fact" now?

No, Bossi or whoever wrote it made it out as if it was. Made it out as if we were purposely lurking around the Macquarie fields to catch them out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was it Bossi?

It sounds like it was Bossi, whoever wrote that. It's the sort of thing he would write, "wah wah, my bestest ever team got into trouble, it must have been my worstest teams fault".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marron said:

Was it Bossi?

It sounds like it was Bossi, whoever wrote that. It's the sort of thing he would write, "wah wah, my bestest ever team got into trouble, it must have been my worstest teams fault".

From memory I think it was said in jest by one of the FC officials....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was from a Phil Rothfield article I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah. So misplaced attempt at humour then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, btron3000 said:

What a lunatic. He's full conspiracy theorist.

Had to unfollow him on Twitter, he dialed up the crazy a little too much it wasn't even funny anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Carns said:

Had to unfollow him on Twitter, he dialed up the crazy a little too much it wasn't even funny anymore.

Yeah same.  At first it was entertaining but then he takes it so far it just makes you realise that people like him - believing the outlandish bullshit that is being sprouted around, taking no notice of reality, science, common sense, logic, - are a massive part of the problem at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Carns said:

Had to unfollow him on Twitter, he dialed up the crazy a little too much it wasn't even funny anymore.

Same here too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another one on the peak A-league events of this week

David Squires on ... the Melbourne A-League teams' not-that-great escape https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2020/jul/10/david-squires-melbourne-a-league-teams-not-that-great-escape-city-victory-western-united?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He nailed that one. Even managed to throw in that bloody skywhale, too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/07/2020 at 5:42 AM, Paul01 said:

Another one on the peak A-league events of this week

David Squires on ... the Melbourne A-League teams' not-that-great escape https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2020/jul/10/david-squires-melbourne-a-league-teams-not-that-great-escape-city-victory-western-united?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

I thought he lost his touch recently but this is fantastic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...