Football And The Media Thread

I've noticed that this thread has become a defacto dumping ground for practically any article about the A-League when I had intended it to be more specific to be discussions about the media that covers football.

It's also grown massive.

I think it's stifling potential discussion when articles are listed into it rather than specific club, player or other threads.

Thoughts? I will lock it soon if only to create a new thread due to the size, and wanted to discuss how it should look and what should go in there.

Thanks

I agree with your thoughts. If you miss a few days on the forum, you can come back and have missed 4 or 5 pages worth of stuff. It's annoying sometimes.

I think it should be made clear that if an article specfically relates to another existing thread, it should be placed there i.e. stadium articles in the stadium thread.

We also have the issue of two similar discussions going on about the same topic in different threads sometimes. i.e. FFA bans.

Maybe change the name up? I don't know what you'd call it but it might help. I think you'll just have to keep trying to educate people. Maybe create some new threads for specfic topics that are always brought up. One I can think of off the top of my head is the FTA deal.

As you said, it should be confined to discussions about the media coverage of football.

It's tough, I guess the issue is that sometimes the subject either covers multiple subjects, doesn't apply to one particular thread or as soon as a article is posted online from the media relating to football is usually just put in there.

In all honesty I don't mind what happens, even if you wanted to continue with the same thread but perhaps move posts into relevant threads but would take more moderating work so I can understand if you don't want to follow through.

I guess the thread is actually being utilised as "Football in the media" as opposed to the original idea of "football and the media".

Stories about the game that appear in the media are still interesting to most of us and I guess we put them here rather than try and find a more accurate thread description for them.  I've got used to it being 'football in the media' now to be honest !

Football journalism thread maybe.

Have to say, in the last three-four years, the landscape has shifted a bit on the whole... there's a lot less directly anti-football stuff, and when there is, social media tends to hit it for six. On top of that there's a lot of good stuff out there (Leopold method eg).

There's always though a need to have a look at what's going on, negative and positive, in the way the sport/league/wanderers are covered.

I've noticed the same thing happening in the squad development thread too, there's discussion going on about other clubs and players that has nothing to do with us.

I think it's a combination of laziness and a lack of realisation that there are actually other sections of this forum apart from the main WSW area.

Would be interesting to see what the traffic to each area of the forum is like cause I reckon the main section would be a lot higher than the rest.