Football Media Discussion

ARNIE’S NEW POLICY

THERE was one lighter side to the whole affair. Sydney coach Graham Arnold, who the effigy was clearly meant to be, was overheard telling Sky Blues officials that he and his family have cancelled their family’s insurance policies, held for years with — you’ve guessed it — Wanderers sponsor NRMA Insurance, on the basis that even indirectly his money was helping the cause of those who so abused him.

-DT

He really is a sour bugger isn't he lol

Funny how he always says he's got a thick skin whenever he's whingeing. Thick skinned but wanting apologies from Adam Peacock last year and now the Wanderers lol.

Bit like Rebecca Wilson. Every time she or one of her pals in the media talked about how she was rattled by remarks from football fans, they would say "she's tough but she's rattled/in tears etc about this".

Here's a solution: don't act like a **** and you won't need such a thick skin because people like you.

ARNIE’S NEW POLICY

THERE was one lighter side to the whole affair. Sydney coach Graham Arnold, who the effigy was clearly meant to be, was overheard telling Sky Blues officials that he and his family have cancelled their family’s insurance policies, held for years with — you’ve guessed it — Wanderers sponsor NRMA Insurance, on the basis that even indirectly his money was helping the cause of those who so abused him.

-DT

So not only did the banner upset him but now he's paying more for his insurance because he's given up his loyalty discount.

Sure showed us Arnie...

The idea behind this comment about insurance is to try and make NRMA more concerned than they might already be, it is Arnie trying to put a bit of pressure on the WSW sponsors and demonstrates clearly that this bitterness goes well beyond any banner. Edited by WSWBoro

Arnie trying to put pressure on a sponsor to pull the plug on us?? It just shows you that this goes beyond a minority of RBB members and is aimed at the club itself. Lucky they didn't apologise.

This guy does not have thick skin. He is a very sore and bitter loser. It showed last season. It showed when he coached the Socceroos in the Asian Cup, and all the player lost any respect for him.

He loves to give, but doesn't take it well. Didn't mean that in a sexual way either ;)

ARNIE’S NEW POLICY

-DT

So not only did the banner upset him but now he's paying more for his insurance because he's given up his loyalty discount.

Sure showed us Arnie...

The idea behind this comment about insurance is to try and make NRMA more concerned than they might already be, it is Arnie trying to put a bit of pressure on the WSW sponsors and demonstrates clearly that this bitterness goes well beyond any banner.

It was also a bit of free advertising for NRMA Insurance. I'm sure more people will insure with them knowing that Arnie is now not a policy holder.

Thanks Mr Thick Skin.

ARNIE’S NEW POLICY

-DT

Sure showed us Arnie...

The idea behind this comment about insurance is to try and make NRMA more concerned than they might already be, it is Arnie trying to put a bit of pressure on the WSW sponsors and demonstrates clearly that this bitterness goes well beyond any banner.

I've sent an message to Bing Lee requesting via their facebook page a response to the vandalising of public property by ESFC supporters ( with a photo attachment ) and have asked them as a customer who has done business with them in the past, that while they are a supporter and sponsor of ESFC I will not shop at any of their stores until a statement is made by them condeming the actions of a club they sponsor.

You all need to do this as often as possible to all their sponsors.....

Edited by sonar100

At least this has taken Trump off the front page of Mack's forum. I'm still skipping most posts cause I work too hard but a couple of points caught my eye. The tifo was anti Arnie not anti gay. Embracing diversity as WS University demands doesn't mean we need to embrace East Sydney. The tifo was supposed to offend East Sydney. Job done. I find expectations I stand for the national anthem offensive. So I choose to sit and you can choose to look away at tifo's beyond your match day hey look at the cool rbb cuz experience.

Let me start by saying that I love the atmosphere the RBB bring to games - it IS a major differentiator and a big reason I go to live games - but that I do believe there are some in that crew that think it's more about themselves than the game, and that the Arnie banner was lame but always going to cause problems.

Having said that, have a go at the crap from this dribbler in the SMH. Reading the first couple of paras shows you already that this is someone who overestimates his own wit and wisdom, but idiots like this have the pen in hand, and the ego of some of ours simply feeds the ego of dropkicks like this.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/by/Darren-Kane-hvf42

Let me start by saying that I love the atmosphere the RBB bring to games - it IS a major differentiator and a big reason I go to live games - but that I do believe there are some in that crew that think it's more about themselves than the game, and that the Arnie banner was lame but always going to cause problems.

Having said that, have a go at the crap from this dribbler in the SMH. Reading the first couple of paras shows you already that this is someone who overestimates his own wit and wisdom, but idiots like this have the pen in hand, and the ego of some of ours simply feeds the ego of dropkicks like this.

OMFG!!!!!!!

What did I just read??????

It is so factually incorrect and ignorant that it is clearly the worst thing written on the subject so far.

Identify the culprits by who bought what seats? In an active area? LOL.

Suspended sentence ended two weeks ago? Ahhm, sorry champ, no it didn't.

514 people to make and hold up a banner? LOL.

What a dickhead.

Yeah just read that on SMH...jesus christ what an embarrassment of riches

OMFG!!!!!!!

What did I just read??????

It is so factually incorrect and ignorant that it is clearly the worst thing written on the subject so far.

Identify the culprits by who bought what seats? In an active area? LOL.

Suspended sentence ended two weeks ago? Ahhm, sorry champ, no it didn't.

514 people to make and hold up a banner? LOL.

What a dickhead.

I laughed at that bit as well lol 

my response I just sent in to the SMH - although I doubt it'll clear the "terms and conditions"

I'll admit I am a member (not of the RBB) of the Western Sydney Wanderers - and I'll also admit that perhaps its not quite as glorious an occasion as consuming alcohol at a Bruce Springsteen concert to some but clearly the writer has never been to a Wanderers home game, or perhaps an A-league game at all. 

Ban a whole active bay? So if the actions of a few contaminate the whole the writer would also been looking to ban the 500 or so equally guilty fans for the bottle throwing and seat destruction by the 514 Sydney FC fans, or the 514 guilty members that held up a racist banner at the 2016 Collingwood vs Richmond game, or the 514 fans that caused trouble at this years (gasp) Australian Open! 

Or does his anti-football stance only go so far as cursory glance on facebook? 

ARNIE’S NEW POLICY

-DT

Sure showed us Arnie...

It was also a bit of free advertising for NRMA Insurance. I'm sure more people will insure with them knowing that Arnie is now not a policy holder.

Thanks Mr Thick Skin.

Or Mr Blue Face

Darren Kane is a twat.

The whole article was tripe but this particular paragraph got my attention:

"If the FFA actually had the fortitude it would have properly activated the provisions of its National Banning Regulations – introduced in 2016 as a response to scores of RBB "supporters" having a collective cry, because the governing body banned them from A-League matches with no obvious recourse for appeal. And NOT only in relation to the same 14 people the Wanderers already identified."

So here he his bagging out the Wanderers and the issues around the appeal process and banning regulations whilst in the article he wrote below, he's saying how unfair the FFA regulations are (The article below is from Dec 2015 when the fallout from the banning nonsense was taking place)

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/fine-print-means-football-fans-cop-raw-deal-from-ffa-20151203-glf1zf.html

All I got from the article is that he agrees with what the RBB posted on social media.

"Clearly football in this country is in the wrong hands.

Football belongs to the people, not a dictatorial body or the likes of so called expert commentators." - RBB

"FFA's action against the Western Sydney Wanderers Red and Black Bloc is pathetic" - Darren Kane

Good afternoon Mr Thundernut. Welcome to the forum. All views are welcome.. except when dickheads like PARRASFC troll with the same **** that is disproved over and over again, then proceed to abise female forum members and make personal comments about the weight of others.

You wont be banned if you have an opinion.. you will be banned if you carry on like a ****wit. (Although i AM a ****wit and have avoided a ban so go figure)

lol you people actually clicked on a SMH link? Way to help with their #metrics and justification for writing utter YouTube comment style blogging disguised as "articles"

Rookie mistake but I was curious. It is crap like that article that get under the skin because they blow out of proportion with their own "facts"

FMD...Talk about a pity party... It's everyone's fault but the people who did it... poor me...poor me...pass around the tissues...

Nek minnit Arnie penis tattoo.

Unless.... Arnie *on penis tattoo...

*** disclaimer: in no way shape or form is this opinion to be reflective of the site, forum, members or even the author of the said opinion and is written in the disgraceful attempt at making a cheap, unfunny joke. In the event of offense being caused please feel free to **** yourself in the most respectful manner available.

For people who quit the site the moment political posts was restricted after numerous warnings (often because they kept turning it from political into cancerous religion bashing threads), they sure do love the site so much they lurk and repeatedly create alternate accounts to whine about it.

It's funny when you question something which is a problem in this county it becomes a bit taboo, a bit like pandering to the MSM