mack

Football Media Discussion

They've had a rainbow flag in The Cove every Mardi Gras week for years. But yes, I'm sure they are capitalising.

I'll get slaughtered for this one but it's a good idea our club should have thought of it

Well that's fine, however, another good idea for banners/flags. The homeless, those incarcerated on various Islands to our north, those young people trying to buy their first home, those women who are regularly bashed and whose safe homes are being closed down. These issues are predominant in Western Sydney, so, RBB there you go just for starters

Don't forget that according to some, our game is for 'Sheila's, Wogs and Poofters'...

Revolution is coming slater also said

He better be nice to RBB who better to lead it

I think he forgets that the fans revolted 16 months ago!

This as much as anything shows you the difference between him and us, and even Bozza and him. Bozza understood the fans frustration and encouraged Gallop to talk to reps of the active groups. Slater said fans should get back to the ground. Now when the scoreboard is poor he pipes up. Too little too late Robbie, who's gonna stand with you when you didn't stand with your teammates in the 90s or the fans last season?

tweets_600.jpg

The fued lasted for quite a while since Slater didn't want to boycott the confeds cup in late 90s and foster was adement to lead the soccerroos on a strike if the pay increase wasn't met.

We were in Rio on that day for the World Cup, at night we happened to notice Foz in a bar. Popped in to say 'we think Slater's a dickhead too mate', he just laughed and said 'thanks guys'. 

Football should be about football and should not get involved in any race, social, political, religion or anything else that's not related.

Edited by Portillo

Foster is ace

Friday night Craig and Lucy is brilliant

SBS A-league is just horrible. Basha is terrible, Bridges has the insight of a goldfish, Foster is a ****en knob, Zdrillic has no personality on screen and Lucy is just boring. She's boring. Shes's as boring as Foster's face is punchable. 

Fox Football > SBS Football

Late night World Movies > late night SBS

Foster is ace

SBS A-league is just horrible. Basha is terrible, Bridges has the insight of a goldfish, Foster is a ****en knob, Zdrillic has no personality on screen and Lucy is just boring. She's boring. Shes's as boring as Foster's face is punchable.

I only watch it for Craig and Lucy, before, I turn over to fox for the game. Bridges and Bashir are terrible

As I age and go grey, I'm considering modelling my look on Craig foster and his tasteful suits

Foster is ace

Plus Lucy doesn't like us now !!

Foster is ace

I only watch it for Craig and Lucy, before, I turn over to fox for the game. Bridges and Bashir are terrible

As I age and go grey, I'm considering modelling my look on Craig foster and his tasteful suits

giphy.gif

so any one see that the cove fb put a post up simple saying "FTT" (it has since been removed).

so basically the coves thought pattern is we support the LGBT community but if you are a special needs person the get ****ED 

Honestly...Im Offended 

also serious issues when youth teams are instructed not to play with the offside rule at a young age, that does my head in i will never understand that it is one of the most crucial rules in football and is a foundation for how the game si played.

having coached youth last season i can say with out a shadow of a doubt he is right there is serious issues with the way youth is being treated coached and managed.

try referring a minis game where all you can do is 'strongly ask a coach to keep players onside' and you've got an entire opposition fanbase screaming about the oppo forward camping in front of the box.

as an aside, all parents should be given the basic rules for minis before they are allowed anywhere near the sideline.

also serious issues when youth teams are instructed not to play with the offside rule at a young age, that does my head in i will never understand that it is one of the most crucial rules in football and is a foundation for how the game si played.

having coached youth last season i can say with out a shadow of a doubt he is right there is serious issues with the way youth is being treated coached and managed.

try referring a minis game where all you can do is 'strongly ask a coach to keep players onside' and you've got an entire opposition fanbase screaming about the oppo forward camping in front of the box.

as an aside, all parents should be given the basic rules for minis before they are allowed anywhere near the sideline.

or everyone should play and learn the rules of the game from the start.

i repeat 

#tgywywtorunFFA

trouble is, when i (and most parents of our team) played, it was 11v11 on a full size field from 6s up. Most parents cant get their head around having a kick in from the side, let alone no offside, keeper cant drop kick, etc, etc

then you get the pedantic parent who wants you to blow up every single infringement, instead of chatting to the kids on the run and letting them play.

the ffa should be put under there own salary cap ,you cant tell me gallop is worth 22000 a week ,money for jam ,all they do is have a cry about supporters ,time to get a boss that will grow the league not ponder and make up excuses why we cannot drive forward [no guts no glory] jobs for the boys, the peoples game

Irrespective of salary, I think the real issue is whether these individuals are value for money. Most CEO's are capable of growing their market share and profitability, and to a degree justify their entitlements. If I get paid $1m a year but add $200m to the bottom line then shareholders tend to be happy.

I personally think David is completely out of his depth. If you digest his CV it's clear to see he is an administrator - not a business developer, hence anything that relates to growing or maintaining market share appears to get delayed and is overwhelming audit based. This coupled with the fact that he has no underlying association with football as a player, coach, manager, sports coordinator means he has no motivation to succeed but simply have a tenure. Have a look at the CEO for netball Australia as an example, and how they are evolving.

David also struggles with sports management within an open market. Not to offend but the NRL for example is a closed market. There is no world cup, because the sport is played professionally in a handfull of countries. It's easy to be world champions when the 'world' consists of only 2 or 3 competitive countries. It's as farcical as the baseball world series played only in the US. Rant.

David's golden ladder was also provided care of News limited, hence negotiations pertaining to FTA could be construed as a conflict of interest. But we all know how the system works.

At the end of the day the underlying issue with the sport at the moment seems to be whom are the shareholders. If David continues to see his shareholders as club owners or his board and not that of every single registration paying member then I think we'll see the sport implode on itself within the next few years.

I'd be curious to know whom the forum would employ into the role? Is something I've struggled with... someone whom has a real passion for the game, but at the same time a real heavy hitter. Thoughts?

club owners are tasked with the role and are given 90 per cent of the tv money as a pot ,THE 4new clubs licence fee is ten million into the pot ,=40 million      as clubs meet membership targets,grow their sponcership and develop their youth set up they are given voting rights and the ten million they put in as a licence fee is used to built a leagues club on their land .all clubs asked to have a youth transfer fee of 110k between clubs, and a 1.1million transfer fee to go out of the country, with the 5million saved from gallops lot it goes into qld,nsw,vic,wa,sa, as prize money for their state league top ten ,million each state , all state bodies are  charged with building new grounds and new clubs are can not hord money ,all player insurance fees across australia are pooled together and saved then any profit invested into leagues clubs for state leagues clubs and aleague clubs 

trouble is, when i (and most parents of our team) played, it was 11v11 on a full size field from 6s up. Most parents cant get their head around having a kick in from the side, let alone no offside, keeper cant drop kick, etc, etc

then you get the pedantic parent who wants you to blow up every single infringement, instead of chatting to the kids on the run and letting them play.

It seems all grassroots clubs need to help the parents understand that small sided games have different rules.

All coaches and managers attend meetings on the different laws for Mini Roos, surely they should look at having all parents attend to?

I understand why some of the laws were adjusted, but most parents don't. They only see the lack of recorded scoring and results, then add to that the bizarre indoor-esque laws and they're quickly frustrated and confused.

I do think that they should introduce off-side once the teams move to the half-field size (10s and 11s I think). The majority of the kids I had in under 12 where not only adjusting to a massive size difference but a major law that's never been seen before whilst playing.

Foster is ace

Tasteful suits with sneakers is his style of smart but casual which I like too.

I'll always watch SBS a-league before foxtel as to boost their ratings despite the Bashir and Bridges borfest. Plus the panel don't seem to biased and rant effectively on issues.

All coaches and managers attend meetings on the different laws for Mini Roos, surely they should look at having all parents attend to?

I understand why some of the laws were adjusted, but most parents don't. They only see the lack of recorded scoring and results, then add to that the bizarre indoor-esque laws and they're quickly frustrated and confused.

I do think that they should introduce off-side once the teams move to the half-field size (10s and 11s I think). The majority of the kids I had in under 12 where not only adjusting to a massive size difference but a major law that's never been seen before whilst playing.

why?

more specifically can you explain why it is good to remove a vital law of the game when children are at there most aware interms of learning ?

i sure it was you that was saying you had that issue last year, that you were trying to teach them to play the offside rule and acutal tactics of football but other teams would just camp an attacker in the box the whole game?? so were is the benefit, in fail to see it.

Having officiated at most small-sided home games (as well as some away games) for my two boys, there was a lack of understanding even with the coaches. Eg most coaches and club appointed referees do not know that are no direct free-kicks outside the box.

IMO u10s, offside is not an issue as it is in u11s. However, they should know how to through a ball correctly.

At u11s, offside should be introduced but you need to have "unofficial" referees understand the offside rule.

In my local association, we normally have officially appointed Referees for u11s. That is until the Referees ranks are cut down by injuries so u11s don't get the appointments as they are required for full field duties.

It seems all grassroots clubs need to help the parents understand that small sided games have different rules.

it seems grassroots clubs should be teaching parents and kids the rules from the start. 

why?

more specifically can you explain why it is good to remove a vital law of the game when children are at there most aware interms of learning ?

i sure it was you that was saying you had that issue last year, that you were trying to teach them to play the offside rule and acutal tactics of football but other teams would just camp an attacker in the box the whole game?? so were is the benefit, in fail to see it.

That wasn't me that said about the issue last year... my kids are U15's this year, we actually have offside.

The changes to the laws, such as kick-ins (instead of throw ins), less players, 'keeper can't kick it out (throws) and opposition players getting back when play is restarted from a 'goal kick' are all designed to encourage players keeping the ball on the ground and attempting to play a progressive type of football. Rather than have the 'keeper kick it as far as they can and have everyone crowd the opposition goal.

Not having offside at the younger ages boils down to two things: application (younger officials struggle with it, and also having the kids understand it) and the size of the field itself. However, as I said before, introducing it into U10 and 11's would be much easier.

why?

That wasn't me that said about the issue last year... my kids are U15's this year, we actually have offside.

The changes to the laws, such as kick-ins (instead of throw ins), less players, 'keeper can't kick it out (throws) and opposition players getting back when play is restarted from a 'goal kick' are all designed to encourage players keeping the ball on the ground and attempting to play a progressive type of football. Rather than have the 'keeper kick it as far as they can and have everyone crowd the opposition goal.

Not having offside at the younger ages boils down to two things: application (younger officials struggle with it, and also having the kids understand it) and the size of the field itself. However, as I said before, introducing it into U10 and 11's would be much easier.

I'd go so far that it should be introduced at U9! Just turn strict offside rule on in fifa17 and they'll get it quickly.

why?

now i want to know who said it lol i cant remember for the life of me haha

still size of the field is irrelevant as far as im concerned and can understand the others because they do help with teaching to keep it on the ground and more possession etc but no offside regardless of how big the field makes no sense, to me i feel like it sint giving the 5 years olds enough repsect i keep hearing its to hard, but ahs anyone given these kids a chacne to learn it lol, my son is 5 and swill start playing this year no granted he doesn't 100% understand but he gets the basic rule itself and with a ltile training would pick it up in not time . 100% by the end of the season, rather then in another 5-6 years.

i do0nt know i cant pretend to be an expert it just doesn't make sense to me i dont know if it ever will lol

The field size is important as the smaller the field the more touches a player is likely to get. Putting 11 5-year-olds on a full-sized pitch is a recipe for 'cloud formation' or a flock mentality. Ever watched a kids Aussie Rules match? Basically, it would end up like that.

It's a similar reason why the balls are smaller, goals smaller. It matches their size. We could put kindergarten kids in full sized lecture halls that we see at University too? (tongue-in-cheek)

It's not perfect, but it's better than when I was a kid, playing U9s on a full-sized field was torture for them. Games ended up basically being played in one corner of the field most of the time.

The field size is important as the smaller the field the more touches a player is likely to get. Putting 11 5-year-olds on a full-sized pitch is a recipe for 'cloud formation' or a flock mentality. Ever watched a kids Aussie Rules match? Basically, it would end up like that.

It's a similar reason why the balls are smaller, goals smaller. It matches their size. We could put kindergarten kids in full sized lecture halls that we see at University too? (tongue-in-cheek)

It's not perfect, but it's better than when I was a kid, playing U9s on a full-sized field was torture for them. Games ended up basically being played in one corner of the field most of the time.

no sorry i didnt explain it properly

the size of the field is irrelevant to wether or not you should play offside IMO.

i defientyl think the smaller fields are the go but still think they should be suing offsides 

While Slater bemoans the lack of offside in the SSG's, reality is coaches are encouraged in our association to stop players from standing in obviously offside positions.  It's the first step to the more complex offside rule.  He probably has no idea about much at all.  Old school thinking.  While I think the emphasis on the Mini Roos format is overly towards the fun factor and ignores skill development, I believe that is as a result of asking non footballing parents to be coaches.  Ultimately stocks are thin and they've shaped the curriculum to fit a low common denominator.

no sorry i didnt explain it properly

the size of the field is irrelevant to wether or not you should play offside IMO.

i defientyl think the smaller fields are the go but still think they should be suing offsides 

Ah got you.

It's just harder to apply in a smaller field. The ball moves from one end to the other in a shorter space of time. Kids games are less predictable and you're dealing with younger referees who will struggle to apply it successfully.

I would prefer to see a more of a hybrid-offside rule. More like ice hockey. You can't enter the attacking area unless the ball is in their first. Not marked at halfway, more of a pitch in thirds than anything. If that makes sense.

While Slater bemoans the lack of offside in the SSG's, reality is coaches are encouraged in our association to stop players from standing in obviously offside positions. It's the first step to the more complex offside rule. He probably has no idea about much at all. Old school thinking. While I think the emphasis on the Mini Roos format is overly towards the fun factor and ignores skill development, I believe that is as a result of asking non footballing parents to be coaches. Ultimately stocks are thin and they've shaped the curriculum to fit a low common denominator.

Should be fun to start with and i have observed 2 types of kids in 5-7s. Those that wanted the ball and those that were scared of the ball and both need to be included.

I put in a post earlier, offside should be from u11s when there is a transition to full field in u12s

Edited by Paul01