mack

Football Media Discussion

"Police are investigating"" whether they were football fans.

I wonder if it was us whether we'd get such a circumspect statement.

Press conference on skynews, the local LAC commander wouldn't id the team but did mention there were no arrests at the game itself and the crowd was well behaved......all 10 of them

Okay. Lets all agree to not use tard anymore.

From now on we call victory fans 'friend'.

I don't want to offend people who identify as a smurfkin. So from now on we call esfc supporters 'buddy'

Also it offends me that there is no team that has the colour as their team colour. FFA should step in and change all the team colours to pink in support of breast cancer.

Also I am really offended that footballers use legs to kick the ball around. That is really offensive to people who can't use their legs. I suggest we allow the players to use their arms/hands.

Also WSW is racist. Too many white men in our team. Where is the muslims in our team?? And the trans people?

I suggest we start a petition a fold the club. I find our owners offensive. I am a vegan and they don't hold my values. They need to stop selling salami and start selling tofu.

that reminds me

where are the women in our team? i think it's highly sexist that 0% of WSW A-League players are women

where's the equality? i think that's the first thing we should fix

Why stop there. Where is the equality for animals?

My dog rover should be part of the wsw squad. He has pace and chases the ball down all the time. I would say he is better version of sotirio.

As long we don't take rover to China or Korea, I think it will be a great idea.

how about we just stop being ****wits.

I don't want to offend people who identify as a smurfkin. So from now on we call esfc supporters 'buddy'

Also it offends me that there is no team that has the colour as their team colour. FFA should step in and change all the team colours to pink in support of breast cancer.

Also I am really offended that footballers use legs to kick the ball around. That is really offensive to people who can't use their legs. I suggest we allow the players to use their arms/hands.

Also WSW is racist. Too many white men in our team. Where is the muslims in our team?? And the trans people?

I suggest we start a petition a fold the club. I find our owners offensive. I am a vegan and they don't hold my values. They need to stop selling salami and start selling tofu.

that reminds me

where are the women in our team? i think it's highly sexist that 0% of WSW A-League players are women

My dog rover should be part of the wsw squad. He has pace and chases the ball down all the time. I would say he is better version of sotirio.

As a general approach It is useful to substitute the words "not being a f**ckwit" into sentences for the words Political Correctness (after all that is its rather clumsily implemented intent).

Worth trying when you come across a Miranda Devine, Andrew Bolt, Ray Hadley type article. "It's not being a f*ckwit gone mad."

Yes I get the it's gone too far thing. But not so long ago people thought it was ok to throw banana at black players at the football.

Social attitudes change over time and that's a good thing.

*throws my political correctness isn't a bad thing grenade and runs back and hides in my marrickville bubble

Edited by StringerBellend

Foster is ace

Friday night Craig and Lucy is brilliant

SBS A-league is just horrible. Basha is terrible, Bridges has the insight of a goldfish, Foster is a ****en knob, Zdrillic has no personality on screen and Lucy is just boring. She's boring. Shes's as boring as Foster's face is punchable.

Fox Football > SBS Football

Late night World Movies > late night SBS

I only watch it for Craig and Lucy, before, I turn over to fox for the game. Bridges and Bashir are terrible

As I age and go grey, I'm considering modelling my look on Craig foster and his tasteful suits

giphy.gif

I'm not sure if I should be offended

Ignore them!

Your plan is a very good one!   ;)

:lol:  :lol:

Yes I get the it's gone too far thing. But not so long ago people thought it was ok to throw banana at black players at the football. 

*throws my political correctness isn't a bad thing grenade and runs 

I "Liked" your post!  :good:

#I'llrunwithyou!

:crazy:  :crazy:

Foster is ace

SBS A-league is just horrible. Basha is terrible, Bridges has the insight of a goldfish, Foster is a ****en knob, Zdrillic has no personality on screen and Lucy is just boring. She's boring. Shes's as boring as Foster's face is punchable.

I only watch it for Craig and Lucy, before, I turn over to fox for the game. Bridges and Bashir are terrible

As I age and go grey, I'm considering modelling my look on Craig foster and his tasteful suits

giphy.gif

Ignore them!

Your plan is a very good one! ;)

:lol::lol:

Do you think I can pull it off?

that reminds me

As a general approach It is useful to substitute the words "not being a f**ckwit" into sentences for the words Political Correctness (after all that is its rather clumsily implemented intent).

Worth trying when you come across a Miranda Devine, Andrew Bolt, Ray Hadley type article. "It's not being a f*ckwit gone mad."

*throws my political correctness isn't a bad thing grenade and runs back and hides in my marrickville bubble

Well said comrade. Stayed away from this debate for a while but here goes:

For example, my missus suffers from muscular dystrophy. She couldn't give a **** about a random saying 'tard', for example (in fact, I'm sure she's called me a tard before), but it's different when it's a big group of people doing it. It is quite confronting to see a large group of people laughing and rejoicing in using a word that, even if it doesn't offend you personally, has an overly negative impact on others like you. There's banter among mates that no-one hears, and then there's large public displays that everyone sees. 

Swap 'tard' or '***' for some pejorative term about a trait you possess and it's a bit harder to stomach. For example, if the tifo had just been Arnie with brown skin as if that's some kind of affliction, I would have felt pretty bad about that, as I do when I see someone get attacked racially because of the skin. Because I think, '****, some people think that way about me every time they see me on the street). It might seem like a ridiculous analogy, but it always seems ridiculous when it doesn't affect us.

I'd like to see some of the 'political correctness gone mad' brigade be so brave about using some of these words and taunts in the actual presence of someone with a disability, a gay person, etc...

Anyway, my food is about to arrive and the cricket is about to start.

Edit: the *** was a three letter f word...

Foster is ace

giphy.gif

Ignore them!

Your plan is a very good one! ;)

:lol: :lol:

Do you think I can pull it off?

You have very youthful looks as it is.    ;)

Don't worry about aging for another 20 years!! 

And then, the Fozzie model would be an excellent one to pursue!!   :lol:

For example, my missus suffers from muscular dystrophy. She couldn't give a **** about a random saying 'tard', for example (in fact, I'm sure she's called me a tard before), but it's different when it's a big group of people doing it. It is quite confronting to see a large group of people laughing and rejoicing in using a word that, even if it doesn't offend you personally, has an overly negative impact on others like you. There's banter among mates that no-one hears, and then there's large public displays that everyone sees. 

Swap 'tard' or '***' for some pejorative term about a trait you possess and it's a bit harder to stomach. For example, if the tifo had just been Arnie with brown skin as if that's some kind of affliction, I would have felt pretty bad about that, as I do when I see someone get attacked racially because of the skin. Because I think, '****, some people think that way about me every time they see me on the street). It might seem like a ridiculous analogy, but it always seems ridiculous when it doesn't affect us.

I'd like to see some of the 'political correctness gone mad' brigade be so brave about using some of these words and taunts in the actual presence of someone with a disability, a gay person, etc...

Great post mate!!  :good:​ 

"Police are investigating"" whether they were football fans.

I wonder if it was us whether we'd get such a circumspect statement.

Press conference on skynews, the local LAC commander wouldn't id the team but did mention there were no arrests at the game itself and the crowd was well behaved......all 10 of them

Channel 7 ran the story claiming four arrests were made after half time at the game for the fight.

There will be less outrage about this than Arnie-dick banner which didn't actually break any law.

This world makes me sick.

Great post mate!! :good:​

It is

And I just spat my cup of tea across the room laughing at the word "comrade" brilliant

Update on Burger's post

Seven News just covered the brawl last night- with plenty of mobile footage of the "action'.

Couldn't resist a parting comment that this was not the first violence reported linked to sokkah....as they showed footage of a flare being lit by Wanderers supporters at a train station before the Derby.  :sad:

4 Victorians arrested and charged.

PS At least it wasn't the lead story!

that reminds me

I call bullshite..

No-one has a dog called 'Rover' !

that reminds me

Nah that would too easy mate.

Lets be real here.

Football is football. People from different walks of life go to games so don't expect everyone to have the same view as you.

The only thing we have in common is our love for the game and our team.

How are we being ****wits? Explain yourself? Did I offend you?

Update on Burger's post

Seven News just covered the brawl last night- with plenty of mobile footage of the "action'.

Couldn't resist a parting comment that this was not the first violence reported linked to sokkah....as they showed footage of a flare being lit by Wanderers supporters at a train station before the Derby. :sad:

4 Victorians arrested and charged.

PS At least it wasn't the lead story!

And there we have it. WSW = Violent, uneducated, thug brand association. I think I'll wrap my MBA around a flare and throw it into the Stonewall on Oxford street.

that reminds me

Lets be real here.

Football is football. People from different walks of life go to games so don't expect everyone to have the same view as you.

not you guys. people who insist on using stupid derogatory names like "tards" and other childish ****. grow the **** up. people are always gonna be offended by something yes, but going out of your way to cause offence when there is no need to, and knowing it can upset more than just who you are targeting makes you a ****wit. 

that reminds me

Lets be real here.

not you guys. people who insist on using stupid derogatory names like "tards" and other childish ****. grow the **** up. people are always gonna be offended by something yes, but going out of your way to cause offence when there is no need to, and knowing it can upset more than just who you are targeting makes you a ****wit.

Exactly

harden up :rofl: lol you guys are really tough i wish i was as hard as you :good:

Replacing "political correctness" with "don't be a dick" is a somewhat valid point in many situations, but I think it also sidesteps a big issue: what the term political correctness stands for is itself a big part of the problem. If you are being politically correct, you are essentially trying to say nothing and offend no-one, hoping that means more people will vote for you / agree with your point of view ie political incorrectness is losing votes/popularity.

Not being a dick is a very different thing from intentionally going out of your way to not offend. You can offend someone with a sensible, rational argument where you are not being a dick. And this doesn't take into account things like comedy which by its very nature offends many people.

The issue at the moment is that the "politcal correctness" movement refuses to articulate why things are wrong or why they shouldn't be said. All they really do is go "look at those uneducated boofheads who say this outrageous stuff, get them away from me and out of the debate!!"

On the other hand, I think it is incumbent on people that want to say "politically incorrect" things to articulate how they are not being racist, sexist, homophobic etc and why the complainers should put a sock in it. Like most "debates" these days, there's too much noise and not enough understanding of different points of view.

In saying all of this, had the RBB started their facebook post with a rational point of how they never intended to offend gay people, their criticism of the FFA might have had more legs. But hey, they ain't a political party, so they're not in it to score points from people they don't associate with. 

You can offend someone with a sensible, rational argument where you are not being a dick. And this doesn't take into account things like comedy which by its very nature offends many people.

The issue at the moment is that the "politcal correctness" movement refuses to articulate why things are wrong or why they shouldn't be said. All they really do is go "look at those uneducated boofheads who say this outrageous stuff, get them away from me and out of the debate!!"

On the other hand, I think it is incumbent on people that want to say "politically incorrect" things to articulate how they are not being racist, sexist, homophobic etc and why the complainers should put a sock in it.

That's the gist of it. Unfortunately nowadays, both sides tend to scream and shout without actually explaining themselves, and even worse, seem completely unwilling to ever accept that they might be wrong.

Me, I'm generally a raging leftie, but even I can admit that there are some leftish things that I'm not so sure about anymore. I think anyone who ties their colours firmly to either mast regardless of the issue can't be taken seriously. 

I, like many others, do think that sometimes people need to be offended to make them think a bit (classic example: religion. People still complain about the Life of Brian!). However, on the other side of the spectrum, there are people who excuse any kind of bigotry by saying 'oh stop being so offended'. 

Take the tifo, the point to me isn't so much about whether it's 'offensive' or not. It was just disappointing because compared to some of the epic ones we've had over the years, it was just a petty, childish one, and it seems like no thought went into how it might make others feel. Not Arnie, but some young kid, for example, seriously struggling with their sexuality. Others have already mentioned the suicide rates among young homosexuals. And also, we made the tifo about esfc. That's usually what they do, put some cheap shot against us on their tifo because they can't think of anything worthwhile about themselves. I prefer when we just emphasise something great about ourselves. 

I realise I'm saying all this as someone who has never put any effort into a tifo. I don't think the people who did it are bad people, we've all said and done stupid things and we will all continue to do so. All you can ask is that people try and understand, in hindsight, how it might not have been a great idea, and maybe consider the impacts it could have had which they obviously didn't. I really don't think they would have done it if someone sat them down beforehand and said 'hey guys, this could make some young kids really struggle with their mental health', for example.

so any one here about what went down at the dragons v panthers game? nah didnt think so it aint sokahh brahhh

so any one here about what went down at the dragons v panthers game? nah didnt think so it aint sokahh brahhh

My mate told me about this and this is the only thing I could find on it lol.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/news/watch-nrl-fans-brawl-at-dragons-panthers-match/vmcusbgte5gy1k87t0yphtorg

dont worry, just a couple of boys bringing back the biff! 

Edited by xposedPatricK

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/news/watch-nrl-fans-brawl-at-dragons-panthers-match/vmcusbgte5gy1k87t0yphtorg

lol this is my favourite part

A minority of supporters from both teams got into scuffle on the hill during the match, with police issuing infringement notices to two men.

Minority hahahahahahahahaah

A league= cultural problem and league wide epidemic 

Nrl=Minority 

love it !!!

The rugby league has started?

and they even manage to mention the toruble between fc and victory at the end as a closing note hahahah

like yeah something small with a minority happened with us but dont forget the sokkah is ****kkeeddd

Stopped in a the Maccas at the Twin Servos at Prospect on the way home. Spotted 3 guys in NRL jerseys before the usual inundation of Wanderers supporters.

Attendence for that game was 7283 which the only NRL game on in Sydney.

Of course we weren't much better but i thought it would somewhere between 6-7k from my seat.

The whole debate about PC has a lot do with the fact that minority groups have now used social media as a tool to fight their causes. If a small minority is loud enough, and is able to get sympathy from the mainstream, then they are able to influence what is politically correct in society. They have enough power to change legislation if they are commited enough.

My issue is that some groups have really pushed their barrow to the nth degree. I genuinely feel sorry for gay people who have to suffer like they do at the hands of some people. I really do. But what about overweight people? What about poor or intellectually disabled people? We always just assume these people are able to take it. Different people are sensitive to different things. A lot of these issues are more based on individual needs of different people and their vulnerabilities. Not specific groups.

A lot of supporting PC causes is about point scoring as well, and attempting to pass yourself off as a 'better' person than others. This has nothing to do with the issue at hand off course, but people use it as a way to make themselves appear better than others. It really is something I find which turns me off a lot.

Edited by WestSyd