Football Media Discussion

Yes, thanks smh for posting a story of a sex abuser wearing wanderers jerseys. What a pathetic decision to use those facebook photos in that article. That paper is now lower than the tele in my estimation. And thats some low grade achievement right there. Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

Just saw the thing on the SMH website

That's pretty low from them

Meanwhile it’s been revealed that the A-League will have two split rounds next season, in a bid to give more help to teams playing in the Asian Champions League. This season, Round 23 was played over two weekends to give Western Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide a weekend’s rest amid the fixture maelstrom that the ACL causes.

But A-League boss Geg O’Rourke said that next season would feature two such rounds, as Football Federation Australia seeks ways to help teams make a greater impression in the ACL.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/football/a-league/sydney-fc-star-milos-ninkovic-set-to-return-to-training-this-week-following-injury-at-the-weekend/news-story/84f672001b7b29ba99173c2ef2b2b53f

Some news on the structure of the Aleague draw for next season.

A-League players set to finally receive medals along with Premier’s Plate

SPOT the odd one out among the following trophies ... The English Premier League, Serie A, the A-League Premier’s Plate, the FA Cup, the state leagues across Australia.

The answer is simple — the Premier’s Plate is the only one of those where the winning team gets a trophy but the players don’t get individual recognition. Finally, though, things could be about to change.

Confidential can reveal A-League officials are to look again at the policy of not giving medals to the team that wins the Premier’s Plate. It won’t happen in time for this year, but the track record of new A-League boss Greg O’Rourke suggests commonsense will prevail next year.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/a-league/aleague-players-set-to-finally-receive-medals-along-with-premiers-plate/news-story/67585b7b7fdd99946f66e906ec698c4b

Finally, I hope they award medals retrospectively to the winning teams in the previous years.

Meanwhile it’s been revealed that the A-League will have two split rounds next season, in a bid to give more help to teams playing in the Asian Champions League. This season, Round 23 was played over two weekends to give Western Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide a weekend’s rest amid the fixture maelstrom that the ACL causes.

But A-League boss Geg O’Rourke said that next season would feature two such rounds, as Football Federation Australia seeks ways to help teams make a greater impression in the ACL.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/football/a-league/sydney-fc-star-milos-ninkovic-set-to-return-to-training-this-week-following-injury-at-the-weekend/news-story/84f672001b7b29ba99173c2ef2b2b53f

SFC make ACL.

Suddenly FFA bend over backwards to help.

:rolleyes:

To coincide with esfc being in the ACL I bet, all we need now is breaks for international games as well but FFA'$ string pullers foxtel won't agree with that.

SFC make ACL.

But but.... they have played in it before tho.  :pardon:

SFC make ACL.

But but.... they have played in it before tho.

Ah silly Wendy...the greatest team ever assembled needs every opportunity to shine!

Only an idiot would schedule a team to play 4 days after coming back after an ACL game, then back to Japan 5 days after an opening final game...and clearly the FFA are not idiots

SFC make ACL.

But but.... they have played in it before tho.

Ah silly Wendy...the greatest team ever assembled needs every opportunity to shine!

Only an idiot would schedule a team to play 4 days after coming back after an ACL game, then back to Japan 5 days after an opening final game...and clearly the FFA are not idiots

and watch Ninkovic fly off for big money in Asia, Bobo go back to Turkey

Yes, thanks smh for posting a story of a sex abuser wearing wanderers jerseys. What a pathetic decision to use those facebook photos in that article. That paper is now lower than the tele in my estimation. And thats some low grade achievement right there. Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

Yeah I'm done with the SMH too now (was heading that way anyway). Imagine being the kind of person that sees a story like that and in their mind decides to latch on to the fact that they are Wanderers fans? Isn't one of the editors of that rag a Smurf? Either the sports editor or one of the main ones? They used not one but TWO pictures of them wearing WSW colours, so it's definitely a deliberate decision. The only way it's not is if the 3 pictures in the article are the only 3 of them that exist, which is obviously not true.

Yeah I'm done with the SMH too now (was heading that way anyway). Imagine being the kind of person that sees a story like that and in their mind decides to latch on to the fact that they are Wanderers fans? Isn't one of the editors of that rag a Smurf? Either the sports editor or one of the main ones? They used not one but TWO pictures of them wearing WSW colours, so it's definitely a deliberate decision. The only way it's not is if the 3 pictures in the article are the only 3 of them that exist, which is obviously not true.

Editor for the SMH is a mad smurf fan, but he claims that photo is the only one of the two together. If that is the (unlikely) case, well **** happens, so i guess the other photo of the dude in wsw gear is just continuity right?

Have read and heard some pundits saying Sydney deserve to win the Grand Final, that it would be a travesty if they didn't.

But... if the Championship is the most prestigious trophy and the Premiership is not important, then why does their record mean they deserve to win the Championship? Make up your minds Mr media men!

Maybe if they lose there might finally be some recognition that the Premiership is where it's at.

Editor for the SMH is a mad smurf fan, but he claims that photo is the only one of the two together. If that is the (unlikely) case, well **** happens, so i guess the other photo of the dude in wsw gear is just continuity right?

So in all their time together (can't remember the details but I'm sure it said they were together for a substantial amount of time)...the only time they got a picture together was at a Melb Heart/City/Victory away game??? Laughable. 

What about when they got married???

So in all their time together (can't remember the details but I'm sure it said they were together for a substantial amount of time)...the only time they got a picture together was at a Melb Heart/City/Victory away game??? Laughable. 

What about when they got married???

Might also depend what is available publicly through Facebook, etc. *shrugs*

To be fair i doubt these characters would be offering up family snaps for publication. Anything posted on Facebook is already in the public domain and hence no permission is needed to publish, therefore this is where the media often obtain pictures for stories. Unfortunately.

Edited by beatsurrender

Favourite: Zelic, don't see how this is not everyone's answer. Barely disguises his contempt for the Smurfs and by extension Cockerill, pretty funny and seems coked up constantly.

Least: Slater...adds nothing of value at all and does it in an annoying voice. At least Cockerill can speak fluent English.

I originally read that as Zelic, Lucy (before realising you meant Zelic, Ned) she was my second choice for the way she says the 'ic' names

Favourite: Zelic, don't see how this is not everyone's answer. Barely disguises his contempt for the Smurfs and by extension Cockerill, pretty funny and seems coked up constantly.

Least: Slater...adds nothing of value at all and does it in an annoying voice. At least Cockerill can speak fluent English.

Agreed.

Zelic is hilarious. A night on the town with him and his sister would be wild I reckon. Also, he actually reads the game well and makes observations that others don't.

Slater, oh man. I'd go a step beyond "he adds nothing of value" and say that at times he is a liability to the entire code (if anyone actually listens to him that is). Examples:

* Half the time when he whinges about the reasons behind a bad Socceroo performance he makes no valid points and his whole spiel is based on emotion because we lost;

* When he compared Bannergate to the NSL, implying that violent crowd behaviour caused the NSL to go down the gurgler. First, that's crap. Second, Bannergate was not violent, and Wanderers are one of the biggest clubs in terms of crowds. Purely emotional garbage because Arnie was the "victim". The game did not need his hysteria at that moment, and certainly didn't need a football pundit reminding people of the "bad old NSL days". Idiot.

Oh, also, his propensity to second guess every action someone takes that doesn't end in a goal: "he really should have taken another touch", "should have hit it first time", "should have done..." yeah we get it, they didn't score so you think they made a bad decision. Go away.

Oh, also, his propensity to second guess every action someone takes that doesn't end in a goal: "he really should have taken another touch", "should have hit it first time", "should have done..." yeah we get it, they didn't score so you think they made a bad decision. Go away.

:lol:  Yep!  In our household, whenever he says this, and he does so (as you say) often throughout a game, it becomes a "shoulda done better" moment, which is invariably uttered out loud.  ;)

I originally read that as Zelic, Lucy (before realising you meant Zelic, Ned) she was my second choice for the way she says the 'ic' names
He also doesn't hide his contempt for a few people and not afraid to call it how he sees it (Fornaroli diving), but my favorite is his lovers tiff with andrew Orsatti. Gives it to him big time :lol:

Have to agree, too much **** talking by Australian commentators. I understand when it is somewhat related to the game or specifically to the ground but I think it ultimately speaks to the quality and excitement of the game. This is not only for football but especially cricket on channel 9.

Richie Beaneu had a fantastic quote which something along the lines of "if you have nothing of interest or relevance to say, don't say anything at all". Miss that bloke!

https://twitter.com/bencubby/status/853592564443652096

Also this is the guy either responsible or had a big part to play with the image being used. Good old #sokahtwitter always helps but Gatty defending his buddy in the media instead of calling a spade a spade.

Fav: Bozza, just because of his honesty and he seems the game more as a fan at times, than a media pundit.

Least Fav: Basheer... yawn... boring. No passion.

What do you mean, no..............PASSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........oh wait no you're right.