Active ends @ Homebush

Opening up the discussion to all active members as to where they prefer to be seated when our temporary move to both Spotless Stadium and ANZ Stadium occurs for the next 2-3 years.

Some of the proposed areas are:

Top tier of the Vincent Fairfax stand for Spotless (with away fans being put to the left of the Showground screen), you can do a virtual tour on their website below

- this stadium to be used for all other games (subject to final confirmation in todays press conference)

http://www.sydneyshowground.com.au/venues/stadium.html

Top tier of the Northern End at ANZ Stadium  (for games against Victory, SFC and final series)

http://www.anzstadium.com.au/the-stadium/stadium-map/ (click 4 to view top tier seats)

Just thought we would open the dialogue up to all active groups so that way we can pass feedback through to the club during off season meetings

Is it possible to get a diagram of where the pitch would be marked out at Spotless before the announcement?

Could either follow the same path as the AFL, or like they used to with RL:

sydney-showgrounds.jpg

i think forget the top tier at ANZ, there's only two reasons the cove used it was either a) so hang their Tifo or b) they're really dumb. You gotta be right behind the goals at pitch level. i'd reckon the active end will grow larger this season, and you could have the middle three bays heading all the way to the back.

as for spotless - the bays nearest the kebab shop duh.

having a roof over the rbb will be immense. 

has to be top tier at spotless stadium.

as for anz stadium, yes you are far from the ground, but who in the rbb actually watches the game? that is what the recording option is for.

Pitch will depend. Options are smack bang in the middle so every side of the stadium is some distance from the pitch. Or align it closer to one side givin half the crowd a closer view n the others not. Still all if's and buts but open dialogue like this will help in our discussions with the club

@BigDukes

Bottom tier for both. We'll be away enough from the team as it is.

Spotless: Suttor or Sinclair Stand, whatever is going to be covered by TV cameras. And both will be in the shade if I get my directions right.

ANZ: on the side like in Perth, Gosford or Newie, whatever is in view of the camera.

@BigDukes

Spotless: Suttor or Sinclair Stand, whatever is going to be covered by TV cameras. And both will be in the shade if I get my directions right.

ANZ: on the side like in Perth, Gosford or Newie, whatever is in view of the camera.

On this Dukes is it locked in that we will be at an end rather than a side?

@BigDukes

On this Dukes is it locked in that we will be at an end rather than a side?

An issue with this is probably that if the pitch is in the centre then these would be Cat A or Cat B tickets

Definitely bottom tier at ANZ. As has been mentioned, the top tier will be that far away it will seem like we are chanting from another ground to the match.

Spotless has its pros and cons (top to bottom), so I'd be fine with either.

Bottom tier at anz will make it harder to generate atmosphere. Top to bottom won't make too much difference distance wise.

Cat a and b yeah sure but there's going to be stacks of room at any anyway. Just a thought.

powerchair team are also part of the RBB so wheelchair access should be looked at. 

Spotless and ANZ are very modern and have wheelchair access all around the ground.. same as 30 year old Pyrotek Stadium...  :good:

During the Easter Show I had to carry a stroller up the stairs to the top tier at Spotless - I don't recall seeing an elevator or even a place where you could park a Wheelchair - I had to wedge the stroller in the seat rows and hope no one needed to get past.

If the RBB chooses the top tier then that may present a problem.

During the Easter Show I had to carry a stroller up the stairs to the top tier at Spotless - I don't recall seeing an elevator or even a place where you could park a Wheelchair - I had to wedge the stroller in the seat rows and hope no one needed to get past.

If the RBB chooses the top tier then that may present a problem.

If the RBB choose the top tier (which I highly :ninja: doubt) then the problem is with the people making the decisions not the stadium itself. There are wheelchair access seats scattered all around the stadium at ground level.

I used to do some casual work at Spotless a few years back and from memory there are two elevators there, but I never worked during a game so I don't know whether they're accessible by patrons or just for back of house staff.