Grand Final Away Trip - Adelaide - 1st May.

mack

Just booked direct flights for $500. Leave sydney Saturday 8:30am, leave adelaide 7am monday.

What's the code for tickets? (Membership number and then name?)

Thought you said you weren't going Jacko?

After a sleepless night, I decided that I needed to be there. What's another grand on the old credit card? :/

Good to hear Jacko!  :good:

Tell you what...

If I end up anywhere near you for this game, and if Glorious is sung at the death, win or lose.... I'll come and stand shoulder to shoulder with you, and we can sing it together!!

Just this once!!   :pardon:

I'm so proud and impressed to hear of the efforts people are going to to make this game.

But I'm also sure that those who can't get there will find meaningful ways to share in the excitement.

We do have an amazing WSW community! 

This has helped  me to recapture the passion of seasons 1-2.  Of course the winning helps, but it really isn't entirely about the winning....

It's about the spirit and determination and unity  that it took to win.

These Colours Unite Us All!!

COYW!!

:wanderturtle:  :flag:    :wanderturtle:  :flag:    :wanderturtle:  :flag:   

No idea how to get there. Looking at campervans and ****. Just ridiculous

Easy

Sydney to Melbourne - fly - $85 Jetstar flight that gets in at 3:20pm

Melbourne to Adelaide - bus - $60 Firefly Express that leaves at 8pm and gets to Adelaide at 6am on Sunday

Adelaide to Sydney - fly - $325 Jetstar flight that leaves at 7:10pm (one seat left)

No idea how to get there. Looking at campervans and ****. Just ridiculous

Easy

Sydney to Melbourne - fly - $85 Jetstar flight that gets in at 3:20pm

Melbourne to Adelaide - bus - $60 Firefly Express that leaves at 8pm and gets to Adelaide at 6am on Sunday

Adelaide to Sydney - fly - $325 Jetstar flight that leaves at 7:10pm (one seat left)

See you on the bus. Pretty much my plan but early flight out on Monday

Did some browsing and have gone with the via Avalon overnight stay. $540 including a hotel on sat night. Get to Adelaide at 10 on Sunday. Fly out Monday arvo. Although Newcastle via Brisbane was cheaper it meant getting missing football on Saturday arvo. My flight to Avalon is 9:55pm so still get to play.

I'm on a late Sat. night flight to Avalon... haven't worked out accom yet...
Leave Sydney at 9:55pm?

I booked a room at corio bay. Still might can it and just sleep rough that night.

Match tickets, flights, accommodation and bus tickets booked for 5 of us!! It's going to be an epic weekend

Great to hear. Reminds me of the kind of trips i had as a kid all over England in the 80s following football. Times and journies like these make some wonderful memories.....that is why it isnt always about the money... or even the result for that matter... although that helps lol

Just be careful if you guys planning trains and bus trips, I've read some reviews on NSW trainlink and it seems they can be delayed up to a couple of hours (not sure if that's too common), also consider where you can charge your phone in between trips.

Edited by Erdz

Match tickets, flights, accommodation and bus tickets booked for 5 of us!! It's going to be an epic weekend

Bus tickets?

Spend 50 bucks and buy a powerbank, enough to charge your phone twice.

Ooooh good idea

if only i had $50 in my account after the splurge that was booking flights and whatnot last night :(

There is a tidal wave of perfect storm red and black soaking up desert on the way to Adelaide and whilst last night will never be repeated an irresistible beast brews across the continent. We gave the A League us now we want what's ours.

@unlimited

bus from Melbourne to Adelaide on Saturday night

So that's about what... 8 of us now on that bus

At this rate, could end up being an unofficial official Wanderers bus!

Think me and a few others will be on that too.

Minivan booked for 7 of us and so we are hitting the road. Flying back Mon 6am via MEL. Minivan about $600 plus fuel so about $110 each going & $160 for flights back. Hotel tick, match tkts tick. Ready to go.

Is there officially a red & black convoy..? We will be leaving Parra at 5am Saturday morning.

Wow man.

2 days ago we were probably driving, yesterday the car owner put an end to that idea before the game. Never mind, I had spent Saturday researching the other options. No problems...

...and then last night we tried to book flights on phones at the pub, adrenaline pumping, half drunk, totally out of our minds after that insane game, racing against our diminishing batteries. Probably not the wisest choice...

...ended up not booking the overnight bus from Melbourne because in our ridiculous state I didn't realise that the reason why the price had doubled since I had checked it the day before was that I put in 2 passengers this time instead of one hahahaha. What a fool. We were sitting there in the pub like "the bus prices are going up tooo!! That's ****ed!!"

... then i booked Syd to melb flight, shut down the page without checking the confirmation number, then didn't receive an email. Had I completed the booking? Pretty sure I had... checked bank account when I got home, did some maths... I think they've taken the money out, wait have i bought anything else? I bought the flights home, my ticket...???  ... **** I hoped I booked it... wouldn't be too good having Melb - Adel booked and not Syd - Melb...

the Melb - Adelaide had gone up even in the time we were looking on screen. Got "fare not available" a few times and ended up paying something ridiculous for the Melb-Adel leg. Kind of wishing we were on the bus with you guys, that will be epic itself. 

Anyway, it's all booked! Ended up costing like $630 or something for flights and accom. ****!!! Can't change them now, we'll be there!

I like the encouragement to "think laterally" for travel into Adelaide

I'm travelling via Melbourne, then Great Southern Railways "The Overland" train from Southern Cross station dep 8-05am on Saturday

arriving into Adelaide 5-50pm same day

back to Sydney on Qantas early Monday arvo - thinking positive, booked this flight before today's epic win

c'mon you Wanderers!

This is good option if flying into Melbourne Friday evening/afternoon. overnight in budget hotel and train in morning arriving Adelaide late arvo Saturday - cost all up around $400