Grand Final Away Trip - Adelaide - 1st May.

mack

Just in case anyone is interested....Flights via Cairns on Sat are $330 (1 way...) on Jetstar. Leave SYD at 6am & arrive Cairns just after 9am with a flight to Adelaide at about 1130 with a mid afternoon arrival in the city of churches.

It is seriously crazy, whats next Adelaide via NZ, Hawaii 

I like the encouragement to "think laterally" for travel into Adelaide

I'm travelling via Melbourne, then Great Southern Railways "The Overland" train from Southern Cross station dep 8-05am on Saturday

arriving into Adelaide 5-50pm same day

back to Sydney on Qantas early Monday arvo - thinking positive, booked this flight before today's epic win

c'mon you Wanderers!

This is good option if flying into Melbourne Friday evening/afternoon. overnight in budget hotel and train in morning arriving Adelaide late arvo Saturday - cost all up around $400

update: works out at $129 Jetstar Syd/Mel, overnight budget hotel room $70 plus rail one way Great Southern Rail $139 (cheaper with concession)

so all up about $340

Did some browsing and have gone with the via Avalon overnight stay. $540 including a hotel on sat night. Get to Adelaide at 10 on Sunday. Fly out Monday arvo. Although Newcastle via Brisbane was cheaper it meant getting missing football on Saturday arvo. My flight to Avalon is 9:55pm so still get to play.

I'm on a late Sat. night flight to Avalon... haven't worked out accom yet...
Leave Sydney at 9:55pm?

I booked a room at corio bay. Still might can it and just sleep rough that night.

I know my dad was also looking at that place

I decided to burn the newcastle trip and go straight to adelaide on Saturday morning. Who else is on the 8.30am flight other than jacko??

Accommodation for 2 nights secured at mercure on north terrace.

I like the encouragement to "think laterally" for travel into Adelaide

I'm travelling via Melbourne, then Great Southern Railways "The Overland" train from Southern Cross station dep 8-05am on Saturday

arriving into Adelaide 5-50pm same day

back to Sydney on Qantas early Monday arvo - thinking positive, booked this flight before today's epic win

c'mon you Wanderers!

This is good option if flying into Melbourne Friday evening/afternoon. overnight in budget hotel and train in morning arriving Adelaide late arvo Saturday - cost all up around $400

update: works out at $129 Jetstar Syd/Mel, overnight budget hotel room $70 plus rail one way Great Southern Rail $139 (cheaper with concession)

so all up about $340

Hey Pablo...I'm flying but you know what, that train ride sounds awesome and the scenery I would imagine would be breathtaking. I'm looking forward to a Twitter feed full of pics on the way. A bit of me is wishing I was more adventurous sometimes...LOL 

We can catch up and have that coffee we spoke of the other day.  :good:

I decided to burn the newcastle trip and go straight to adelaide on Saturday morning. Who else is on the 8.30am flight other than jacko??

Accommodation for 2 nights secured at mercure on north terrace.

Oh Jacko is alright....lol....  :crazy:

virgin have another service on saturday from syd to adl with grand final in mind

Perfect flight for Unlimited...  :ninja:

I can't find who the genius was who first came up with the Syd --> Mel (flight) --> Adl (firefly bus), but that is genius. Just trying to decide which flight to take down to Melbourne, but I'll see you guys on the party bus ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘🎉🎉🎉

I can't find who the genius was who first came up with the Syd --> Mel (flight) --> Adl (firefly bus), but that is genius. Just trying to decide which flight to take down to Melbourne, but I'll see you guys on the party bus

Yeah right, you can't even find your way to Sefton 

I can't find who the genius was who first came up with the Syd --> Mel (flight) --> Adl (firefly bus), but that is genius. Just trying to decide which flight to take down to Melbourne, but I'll see you guys on the party bus

Yeah right, you can't even find your way to Sefton

Piss off. The lawn was really long that day ;)

For those travelling to Radelaide, keep your heads down, they know the RBB are coming. Pa Pa Paranoia 

@AdelaideUnited We are ready! Let's get @TheAdelaideOval louder than any match played their before. #COYR #AUFC

Cg4Ug7fU8AA0jdG.jpg

8:02 PM - 25 Apr 2016

For those who are on the fence and are still contemplating on doing the GF Adelaide trip, and however, you do not wish to pay over 450+, it can be done!

Prices listed are as of 12am Tuesday...

Take a flight from Sydney to Melbourne (Tullamarine) leaving on Saturday via Jetstar/Tiger, It will cost between $85 to $125.

Jetstar flights out of Sydney 12:10PM, 12:45PM,  1:45PM  & 2pm  

Tiger flights out of Sydney 7:00AM, 8:45AM, 10:05AM. 12:45PM, 3:15PM

All flights will get you to Melbourne no later than 5pm.

Afterwards, take the Firefly Bus ($60) departing Southern Cross at 8PM and you will arrive in Adelaide at 6am in the morning

Return on Monday, plenty of flights via Virgin (Including stopover at Melbourne) Adelaide to Sydney flights $252.

TOTAL:  $397 - $434

oh they're gonna sing WONDERWALL really loud. I'm ******* terrified.

i-m-shaking-o.gif

Now now Luis, the capo did say that he would give his voice to the team and the city for 90 whole minutes if it would get them the Holy Grail they seek.

Not sure how long he is planning on singing if they are going to lose, or how he will know. Or what he's planning on doing if it goes to extra time.

Also, why the **** did he put "red and black" in quotation marks?

So many questions. 

Edited by btron3000

Now now Luis, the capo did say that he would give his voice to the team and the city for 90 whole minutes if it would get them the Holy Grail they seek.

Not sure how long he is planning on singing if they are going to lose, or how he will know. Or what he's planning on doing if it goes to extra time.

Also, why the **** did he put "red and black" in quotation marks?

So many questions. 

I can't wait for the no doubt epic ADELAIDE/UNITED call & response. 

The road trip is our only economicaly viable option.

Four people to Adelaide - $220 each return.

Friday - drive to Wagga (5 hrs)

Saturday - Wagga to Adelaide (9 hrs) (arriving in time for dinner & partytime)

Sunday - Game Day

Monday - Long haul home (14 hrs)

Petrol - $350

Wagga 1 Night - $150

Adelaide 2 Nights - $380

Total $880

[we also considered driving Sat and staying Sat/Sun in Tailem Bend]

[which means max 12 hrs driving on Sat/Mon]

The car decoration is being prepared.

Give us a wave if you pass us on the way.

Two excited youngsters. Two even more excited Dads.

WHO DO WE DRIVE FOR?

BoeDub - We have WaggaFletcher on here that might be able to help you out in whilst in Wagga (doesn't post much these days but I know he is still around)

where is everyone sitting? im from adelaide and really want to sit with rbb? would they be ok with it? or will it be too squished :( have been waiting for this moment all year!

Buy in the away bay, everyone will be active anyway ;)

BoeDub - We have WaggaFletcher on here that might be able to help you out in whilst in Wagga (doesn't post much these days but I know he is still around)

where is everyone sitting? im from adelaide and really want to sit with rbb? would they be ok with it? or will it be too squished :( have been waiting for this moment all year!

I hope so. I don't want to be sitting for 90mins.

This is the thing, we've got the whole section to ourselves. One area will be clearly active & others will be sitting. Plenty of room available to switch between areas & i'm sure there won't be an issue.

There will be no sitting...

I'm telling you now, not all Wanderers fans are able to stand all match & lots will want there seats (I'm sure of it).

Just need to make sure that if you want to stand, move towards the active area & if you want to sit, go into the non-actives.

I'm telling you now, not all Wanderers fans are able to stand all match & lots will want there seats (I'm sure of it).

Just need to make sure that if you want to stand, move towards the active area & if you want to sit, go into the non-actives.

True, for those WSW Members who have purchased during the members window should know the unspoken rule by now that ticket allocation behind goals is the Active Section.

They should have been smart enough to get the Football Family Pre-sale allocation to get seats on the stands close to the RBB active section.

If ever, they should just seat on the edges of the bays.. and active is right in the middle.