Grand Final Away Trip - Adelaide - 1st May.

mack

Just found out from an Adelaide local mate that the tram is free within the Adelaide CBD area.  Just thought I'd let everyone know.

Cheers, going for a ride out to Glenelg on the tram with the lad, he wants to play the put put golf there  :rolleyes:

I've been warned that it's not free once you get out of the CBD area, now having never been to Adelaide I have no idea how far that extends.

Tis ok, last time we went to Glenelg on the tram we couldn't find a ticket machine and didn't know where to get one..... it was only after we arrived and got off the tram at Glenelg that we realised there was a machine on the tram duuhhhh lol

The Rosemont is supposed to be the place for other football action, Premier League and the like.

From what I remember it was not the most inspiring of places, typical of a pub that is open 24 hrs on weekends. But if you want to get your late night football fix on Saturday night and watch Newcastle jump ahead of the other relegation muppets, that could be the best option!

For those there on saturday.. big dinner and sing song somewhere??

Sounds good mate, count me in :xnod:

We fly in around 9.50pm saturday night, wil probably miss dinner but in for drinks
I'm keen to meet up with several Wanderers. My flight is due 4:30 on Saturday.

Just found out from an Adelaide local mate that the tram is free within the Adelaide CBD area. Just thought I'd let everyone know.

Free public transport comes with your match ticket

Edit - Daniel beat me to it

Those travelling to Adelaide, the best eateries street in Adelaide is along Gouger Street in CBD

It's also adjacent to wonderful

Central Markets (open Tues to Saturday). There's an amazing Algerian Cafe inside markets which does authentic slow cooked lamb with spices etc

Can also highly recommend the Dragon Court Chinese Seafood Restaurant on Gouger for lunch or dinner 7 days.

This is incredible, the stories of how so many Wanderers have found ways to get to Adelaide is just bloody incredible. We really have a special supporter base amongst our club. Well done to all who have stretched the bank accounts or taken the long road :good:

I think it is fantastic that the airlines have put on extra capacity but why have they done it now? Why have they waited so long? I can't understand why the extra capacity wasn't ready to go on Sunday as soon as the result was known. The supporters of this club will do crazy things to follow this club & I just feel disappointed that we could have gotten so much more than the current 4k to the grand final had things been organised in advance. Big opportunity missed by the club here I feel...

Club personal not passion enough, want others to do their work.

Those travelling to Adelaide, the best eateries street in Adelaide is along Gouger Street in CBD

It's also adjacent to wonderful

Central Markets (open Tues to Saturday). There's an amazing Algerian Cafe inside markets which does authentic slow cooked lamb with spices etc

Can also highly recommend the Dragon Court Chinese Seafood Restaurant on Gouger for lunch or dinner 7 days.

All sounds good

And for Indian,  http://jasmin.com.au/

http://jasmin.com.au/story/

Central markets are worth a look in themselves, biggest indoor food market in Australia, lots of good stuff. 

Edited by WSWBoro

The RBB sent a tweet to the airlines asking if they will put on more flights at affordable prices. Some responded with the typical rubbish about the prices going up according to supply, but they eventually get the message.

Then they go and put the extra flights on, but still with the same online algorithm that causes the prices to fluctuate rapidly when people are trying to book them.

I just don't understand these people. Bloodsucking business people that want to suck everyone dry instead of looking for a win-win.

Not only will business people be getting the shits, but people have already organised cars, coaches, chartered buses. Hektor got 100 people within a couple of hours on his coaches, and 10,000 went to Brisbane. Each airline could have had 500 extra people if their prices were decent.

Accommodation booked, all that's left is to work out whether to start the drive Friday evening or Sat morning.  Staying at the Sage which seems to be walking distance to the ground.

Go Friday eve. Can relax, take your time in some towns along the way, get to Adelaide in time to chill, have a few drinks, join the Wanderers meet up if there is one.

We leaving on friday mornlng

Where's a good place to get breakfast? The bus crew master race gets there at 6am and we'll need food

I think that Adelaide is closed until 8am on Sundays......

Maccas surely will be open 

Guys I have 4 spare GF tickets I'm trying to sell at cost price ($61.75). If anyone is looking for tickets, would be doing me a solid favour buying these.

They are WSW support area - "Section 145, Row L" - message me here or on twitter if you're interested. I would be really sad to see them go to waste