Grand Final Away Trip - Adelaide - 1st May.

mack

I have a return flight from Adelaide to Sydney for sale.

9:35am departure on Monday.

$160- comes with free name change.

PM sent.
There's an early morning Qantas leaving Sunday for less than 200. So you could wrap up return flights for a bit over 300.

Yup that's going to be the plan! Just waiting to hear back from Cazorla and that it's still free and i'll book it.

The dream is still alive :)

God damn seems like even those Qantas ones have been pushed up to 265 now...

THE problems with the electrified Seaford rail line are unlikely to be fixed in time for the biggest sporting weekend in Adelaide this year, the State Government has admitted.

Travel plans for thousands of fans attending the Adelaide Crows AFL game against Freemantle on Saturday night and Adelaide United’s soccer grand final against the Wanders on Sunday remain in limbo, with no date set for power to resume on the line.

The failure of the electric line has also interrupted train services to Tonsley and Grange and led to the cancellation of other bus services since the Transport Department’s Lonsdale substation broke down early Friday morning.

THE problems with the electrified Seaford rail line are unlikely to be fixed in time for the biggest sporting weekend in Adelaide this year, the State Government has admitted.

Travel plans for thousands of fans attending the Adelaide Crows AFL game against Freemantle on Saturday night and Adelaide United’s soccer grand final against the Wanders on Sunday remain in limbo, with no date set for power to resume on the line.

Pissant town.

Pissant town.

to be fair that sounds exactly like cityrail

that's one of the nice things about a small city, when there's a big event on, everybody knows about it ... 

already seen a few WSW shirts around the place, should be a cracking atmosphere on Sunday

Bullshite...The taxi driver at the airport asked me where I came from, I said Sydney...He said wow I didn't know the Swans were playing this week. This is despite the WSW Bomber jacket and polo I was wearing. I eventually worked it out though a bit later... I didn't have my bucket hat on...  :crazy:

Those travelling to Adelaide, the best eateries street in Adelaide is along Gouger Street in CBD

It's also adjacent to wonderful

Central Markets (open Tues to Saturday). There's an amazing Algerian Cafe inside markets which does authentic slow cooked lamb with spices etc

Can also highly recommend the Dragon Court Chinese Seafood Restaurant on Gouger for lunch or dinner 7 days.

Cheers for the tip on the Algerian place at the markets. Called Le Souk. Just finished the slow cooked lamb and it was fooking awsome. Edited by WSWBoro

Does anyone know what the go with the Wanderbus is the club was supposed to organising? Seems like it has probably fallen through.

It is all full and going ahead.

Double Decker Wanderbus!

Awesome! When will the details be released mate been waiting on the email?

Edited by Malone

Guys we have two options (the only ones that replied to emails):

The German Club

Or

The Duke of York Hotel

http://www.dukeofyork.com.au

Which one would FCB prefer?

Duke of York of course ;)

FCB is not joining us on Saturday, unsure which one to go with....

It's a 50/50 choice then mate. As unless we have some local knowledge input none of us will have any idea which one to vote for.

I'll stick my Gregory out. 

Let's do Duke of York?

Edited by beatsurrender

The food is shite at the German Club. And rather than lusty bar wenches you'll get toothless old Otto & his accordion...

Appreciate the reply, so you reckon the Duke then? Just a bit concerned because the outdoor area seemed rather raucous at the Duke (from the photos) & I thought we might get a bit more room/space at the German house?

Does anyone know if Qantas or Jetstar check photo ID when boarding the plane?

They have never asked me for ID, even recently, just your boarding pass and that's it.
It's a 'random' check so it the same as the explosive check. In other words it's got nothing to do with the way you look.....that's what I've been told many times