Grand Final Away Trip - Adelaide - 1st May.

mack

Does anyone know if Qantas or Jetstar check photo ID when boarding the plane?

They have never asked me for ID, even recently, just your boarding pass and that's it.

Only if you need to check in bags or get boarding pass reprint. As long as you are the same gender as whats on pass they dont blink.

@prydzopolis - i think you should be Ok at the duke on sat arvo, it's generally more an after-work crowd kind of place. But it's been a few years since since I've been to either of those places, would probably pay to give then a call and let them know your plans.

I have contacted them via email & they are quite happy to accomodate us. Would just hate for people to turn up on Saturday night & it is so loud that you can't have a conversation with the person next to you because it is so loud! That is my only concern

NOTICE....THOSE CATCHING TRAINS.... I just watched the Adelaide Nein News. The train system is shut down for the weekend and the whole town is wondering how the flying **** it's going to affect the 100,000 people going to the Oval over the weekend...

I'll update more as I found out more... Also Popa turned down a chance to train on the Oval today but Reds did...

Take Care and give yourself plenty of time to get here and those at home I saw a photo this morning of Marconi, looking pretty good down there as well. 

Guys we have two options (the only ones that replied to emails):

The German Club

Or

The Duke of York Hotel

http://www.dukeofyork.com.au

Which one would FCB prefer?

Duke of York of course ;)

As someone mentioned my name:

I had a look at the menu, and it looks all right and reasonably priced. If you go there with a larger group, and wash the sausages down with German beer coming out of a barrel then there are much worse ways to prepare for the GF.

Guys we have two options (the only ones that replied to emails):

The German Club

Or

The Duke of York Hotel

http://www.dukeofyork.com.au

Which one would FCB prefer?

Duke of York of course ;)

As someone mentioned my name:

I had a look at the menu, and it looks all right and reasonably priced. If you go there with a larger group, and wash the sausages down with German beer coming out of a barrel then there are much worse ways to prepare for the GF.

Nah...I been scarred for life from them Duetchland Bier Gartens....Who in their right mind would cut a pig in quarters and put it on a plate....  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:

I'm more concerned with where is the GF brekky. Good choice last time...Who picked that?  :crazy:

Pyrdz, Duke of York looks and sounds good. My vote is that. Thanks for organising :)

Let me know if you need any help booking or reserving anything.

I suppose I have to go there then...  :ninja:

Was a pleasure to meet Jukes & his wanderful partner :good:

WSF Gathering in Adelaide

Saturday Night: Hawks, beatsurrender, CaptJess + 1, Edinburgh, Swifty + 1

Saturday Afternoon: Prydz + 1, thefairy, Hiriser, Wanderboy

Guys,

I have organised an area for 20+ Wanderers fan at the Duke of York. The fan day is organized between 1-4pm & I plan to head over between 230-3pm with the idea to continue late into the night (place closes at 2am for those wanting to kick on but can't see myself going that long)

All are welcome, feel free to invite friends or partners or friends, all welcome :good:

Guys,

I have organised an area for 20+ Wanderers fan at the Duke of York. The fan day is organized between 1-4pm & I plan to head over between 230-3pm with the idea to continue late into the night (place closes at 2am for those wanting to kick on but can't see myself going that long)

All are welcome, feel free to invite friends or partners or friends, all welcome :good:

We will be getting to Adel late in the afternoon after driving from Mel....hopefully we will make it there at some stage in the evening

Will they show the evening's EPL?

I can't see myself lasting till EPL, when does that start? But when I choose our area, I can ensure that we are near a TV & ask whether we can watch EPL. How does that sound?

5 games at midnight (inc NUFC vs Palace; which is the only one I care about), then Arse vs norwich at 2:30.

All good, there's only one game that matters this weekend. And it's at Adelaide Oval on Sunday.

Guys,

See you there Prydz...

I'm more concerned with where is the GF brekky. Good choice last time...Who picked that? :crazy:

Anyone got ideas for a big breaky on Sunday?

No dodgy places dmixtaa :acute:

I have spoken with a few others, the pressure is on...there are a few who want me to pick a venue for brekky on Sunday. I will do some investigating tomorrow and I will see you tomorrow at pub or fan day thingy and let you know what I find out...  :good:

THE problems with the electrified Seaford rail line are unlikely to be fixed in time for the biggest sporting weekend in Adelaide this year, the State Government has admitted.

Travel plans for thousands of fans attending the Adelaide Crows AFL game against Freemantle on Saturday night and Adelaide United’s soccer grand final against the Wanders on Sunday remain in limbo, with no date set for power to resume on the line.

The failure of the electric line has also interrupted train services to Tonsley and Grange and led to the cancellation of other bus services since the Transport Department’s Lonsdale substation broke down early Friday morning.

Thanks for the heads up.

It wouldn't be a Wanderers away game if there wasn't Trackwork on the way there. ;)

NOTICE....THOSE CATCHING TRAINS.... I just watched the Adelaide Nein News. The train system is shut down for the weekend and the whole town is wondering how the flying **** it's going to affect the 100,000 people going to the Oval over the weekend...

I'll update more as I found out more... Also Popa turned down a chance to train on the Oval today but Reds did...

Take Care and give yourself plenty of time to get here and those at home I saw a photo this morning of Marconi, looking pretty good down there as well. 

The train system is not shut down for weekend - there have been problems and distruptions with 2 lines only

Statement just issued by Adelaide Metro SA

further updates and info via

https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/