Grand Final Away Trip - Adelaide - 1st May.

mack

Road trip engage!

See you all in 17 hours.

Safe journey mate.

**** i hope we win tomorrow just for people like this putting this much devotion to the cause. Hope the players are looking at this and take heart and put in the same effort.

^^^^^ Funny you mention that, our cabbie had no idea :lol:

Took about 5 minutes for me to realise that when I said I was in Adelaide for the game, he was thinking it was the game of AFL on Saturday night :nono:

Though the guy that was running reception at the hostel seemed to be half educated about football & the reds, I'll give them that :unknw:

Our cabbie had no ******* idea about the GF. His cab also ******* stank, smelly ****er.

Getting light across Adelaide. Fan event in that park this afternoon. 1 day to go!

Edited by WSWBoro

I'm at the airport!! :woah: Spent way too much money on Victoria's Secret though :nono:

Lots of jerseys around. Latest count 6.

Lady at the Virgin check-in desk was awesome! Called us over by yelling "Who do we sing for?" She made sure us and our luggage were checked in all the way to Adelaide and had a good conversation about all the fans travelling. She wished us luck and wanted us to win. Awesome way to start the trip!

Edit: Forgot to add, we got picked out for a random explosives swab check :rofl: I have a feeling it wasn't very random...

I get picked for that every time lol The guy always asks "done this before", only like every time i fly....

The guy at the check in desk at theplace I'm staying was a cool dude. Sri Lankan.

He knew the GF was on and asked a few questions. Said he was more into cricket though (go figure).

Best bit was he said he hates AFL. We high fived each other and got some strange looks from others waiting to check in.

Wow talk about Pa Pa Paranoia.... I fly everywhere all the time. I more than not get chosen for an explosive swab test and have sniffer dogs walk past me in a line, more often than not. I'd be more worried if I didn't.

There will be people behind you and people in front of you who will have gone through the exact same process, today, tomorrow and the next day. I was even once stopped at Syd Airport in full kit by none other than Tarek Elrich's cousin, who I knew for many years and I was still picked out by him. He did his test, we had a chat about WSW and I moved on.

Please let's not make this thread about how dare people do their job.  :cheeky:  

Just want to say bonne chance, hals und beinbruch and good luck to all of my brothers and sisters heading over to Adelaide, or who are already there. I wish I was there with you and sharing the experience, plus maybe giving some of you hools a few insights into my pissant home town.

Just remember:

• 'Pint of pale' = happiness
  • Fritz, not devon
  • 'Popeye is a boat and not just a cartoon character
  • Mettwurst is to Crow Eaters what cevaps are to Cros (Kalleskes, Winterlichs, Baroosa Valley all good)
  • O'Connell Street Bakery in North Adelaide is 24/7 and does a great pie floater
  • Forget the bloody pandas at Adelaide Zoo...they do SFA the lazy bastards
  • Adelaide folk walk slower than we do, even in Rundle Street Mall
  • Dead easy to navigate in the centre of town
  • Green death = Southwark
  • What they consider a traffic jam we consider a clear run

And here's the venue for the GF

Won't be the same without you Manfred! Give it some WSW wellie, wherever you're watching 

Just want to say bonne chance, hals und beinbruch and good luck to all of my brothers and sisters heading over to Adelaide, or who are already there. I wish I was there with you and sharing the experience, plus maybe giving some of you hools a few insights into my pissant home town.

Just remember:

• 'Pint of pale' = happiness
  • Fritz, not devon
  • 'Popeye is a boat and not just a cartoon character
  • Mettwurst is to Crow Eaters what cevaps are to Cros (Kalleskes, Winterlichs, Baroosa Valley all good)
  • O'Connell Street Bakery in North Adelaide is 24/7 and does a great pie floater
  • Forget the bloody pandas at Adelaide Zoo...they do SFA the lazy bastards
  • Adelaide folk walk slower than we do, even in Rundle Street Mall
  • Dead easy to navigate in the centre of town
  • Green death = Southwark
  • What they consider a traffic jam we consider a clear run

And here's the venue for the GF

When I walked into Westpac Stadium in Wellington a few weeks back I thought: "Woah, how are we going to create any atmosphere in here and make ourselves heard?". There were 10,000 New Zealanders, and about 200 Wanderers. We didn't hear much of them.

Tomorrow it could be "only" 40,000 locals and up to 10,000 of us, or thereabouts. More than enough to make some serious music.

COYW!

So #teampartybus is there a secret code word to identify yourself as a WSFite

You don't know the secret signal? :acute:

The scarf dude :xnod:

I don't have q scarf still a relative Newbie and I'd feel silly carrying a toaster in to the bus

+2 on the bus from melb. With firefly, not sure if there is also a greyhound overnight.

Has anyone who's flown not been 'randomly' stopped for an explosives test?

My daughter did when we went down to the City game in Jan.....mind you she was in her Wanderers gear and had visible tatts !!

Edited by MartinTyler