Grand Final Away Trip - Adelaide - 1st May.

mack

Ok bitches. I've contacted three operators and asked for a quote for 10 passengers. In and out of Adelaide within the same day. Back to work on Monday. Flying out of Sydney or Bankstown.

Minimum luggage + No accommodation costs + Splitting people mover cabs from the airport to the ground, and back = substantial savings. Never been to Bankstown airport, but I could imagine that parking is cheaper than at Mascot.

I've asked them the question if it is cheaper if more passengers sign up, or if it gets more expensive as a bigger plane is needed. I have no idea what we are dealing with here, but I see what I can do.

I'd say if we end up with a return flight costing 400 pp then we are on the money. Watch this space. Once I've got figures we'll talk more. And I might just be mad enough to organise this... FMD, I really must be crazy.

It's going to cost several thousand dollars per flight hour. Sydney to Adelaide is about 2 hours each way, so you're looking at approx 5 hours.

Even a cheap charter is going to be at least $1500 per flight hour (plus a random amount of additional costs). Times that by 5 = $7500. You'll likely not be able to get more than a dozen passengers. So you're looking at ~$600 each. And that's on the low end.

What if we pedal, will the cost come down?

I'm loving the Westy attitude to be getting there by hook or by crook.

I am thinking about a charter flight.

Leaving Sydney Sunday morning, coming back Sunday after the game. I've asked an airline for a quote. No idea what the exercise would cost, but not having to spend money on accommodation would have to count for something.

I am not saying (yet) that I am going to organise this, but just for arguments sake: who'd be interested and be willing to put their hand in the pocket?

Yes

FCB I'm in plus 2 (3 all up)

As much as I appreciate your help, surely the club could assist in these matters?

I didnt want to jump ahead butbhave booked accommpdation.. that i can cancel.

At the playford just up from stadium. Dont want to tempt fate and book flights.

Pretty sure a couple of Wanderers have done that already :lol:

As I indicated a few days ago, I hope that the club are researching transport options already in the event of us winning tomorrow.

You would hope so. They have had 2 weeks to prepare for a plan B should we not host the grand final.

The club is also aware of how many WSW fans would be interested in going based on the Brisbane grand final.

If you look at the travel options available they are hard to digest. And in that case the club should be looking at sorting a few buses as a viable option for WSW fans.

Simple. Have buses Leave pirtek 7am sat morning arriving Adelaide 9pm. Stay the night. Enjoy grand final Sunday then either bus home Sunday evening or early Monday morning.

However as it stands we haven't heard a peep from the club about this. If a bus plan is to work WSW fans should have already been told about it so we would be ready to book seats ASAP Sunday night. So I doubt anything is gonna be done by the club at this late stage.

Edited by Jowel

If im the club.. i wouldnt be risking egg on face by announcing travel options. Id have research done and ready to announce if we win.

Agreed but they need to announce any plan straight after the game (at Pirtek) because there will be a mad dash for tickets and it may be too late.

Ok bitches. I've contacted three operators and asked for a quote for 10 passengers. In and out of Adelaide within the same day. Back to work on Monday. Flying out of Sydney or Bankstown.

Minimum luggage + No accommodation costs + Splitting people mover cabs from the airport to the ground, and back = substantial savings. Never been to Bankstown airport, but I could imagine that parking is cheaper than at Mascot.

I've asked them the question if it is cheaper if more passengers sign up, or if it gets more expensive as a bigger plane is needed. I have no idea what we are dealing with here, but I see what I can do.

I'd say if we end up with a return flight costing 400 pp then we are on the money. Watch this space. Once I've got figures we'll talk more. And I might just be mad enough to organise this... FMD, I really must be crazy.

I'd be in if it is a possibility.

I've asked them the  question if it is cheaper if more passengers sign up, or if it gets more expensive as a bigger plane is needed. I have no idea what we are dealing with here, but I see what I can do.

You're not alone, based on the number who said they'd would also be interested. (I'm in too if the price is manageable)

We need charter flights. Lots of them.

I hope someone is counting, but yeah. :good:

Shout out if you need some help.

I am still tempted to fly out Thursday afternoon and return Monday.

I have a bad experience with an on the day of the match charter flight. I did that for the UEFA cup final in 2006 from Teesside airport to Colone in Germany. Flight out was delayed and only just made kick off. Flight back was massively delayex and finally got back to the UK at 7am the following day after no sleep. 7 hours late. The day and experience was ruined, and we lost lol Never again, doing this relaxed or not at all.

Nearly 10 years to the day of that experience.

Edited by WSWBoro

I have a bad experience with an on the day of the match charter flight. I did that for the UEFA cup final in 2006 from Teesside airport to Colone in Germany. Flight out was delayed and only just made kick off. Flight back was massively delayex and finally got back to the UK at 7am the following day after no sleep. 7 hours late. The day and experience was ruined, and we lost lol Never again, doing relaxed or not at all.

Was that a private charter?

I have a bad experience with an on the day of the match charter flight. I did that for the UEFA cup final in 2006 from Teesside airport to Colone in Germany. Flight out was delayed and only just made kick off. Flight back was massively delayex and finally got back to the UK at 7am the following day after no sleep. 7 hours late. The day and experience was ruined, and we lost lol Never again, doing relaxed or not at all.

Chartered by Boro FC, not a regular flight. The planes they brought in were really old lol

Chartered by Boro FC, not a regular flight. The planes they brought in were really old lol
Fair enough but if we left 8am Sydney time, that would give us plenty of time to get there especially if there were any delays.

Might be a few issues if there are delays on the way home :lol:

Myself + my 2 mates may be interested in FCB airways depending on costs. At this stage I'm thinking of going via Melbourne.

I know this country is big but Jesus it shouldn't be this logistically hard in a first world country in 2016. I really wonder about this place sometimes...

Very dangerous talk all of this though when we haven't even made it yet.

If im the club.. i wouldnt be risking egg on face by announcing travel options. Id have research done and ready to announce if we win.

Agreed but they need to announce any plan straight after the game (at Pirtek) because there will be a mad dash for tickets and it may be too late.
Exactly, people will be waiting for the final whistle to book. We need to know ASAP what the club are planning & what they are thinking.

There is no point in telling us Monday/Tuesday what they have organised because the majority of people will have organised options already. I remember with the buses they organised for the Brisbane GF, they told us mid week when most of us had already booked & then the prices announced were so astronomical that for those prices you might as well just fly.

It's the same situation as the active tickets. Why are there so many active tickets still available? When they finally come on sale mid this week, the majority of people had already bought tickets in the stands. Had they come on sale at the beginning I can guarantee it would have sold out in a few days.

I'd be in if it is a possibility.

+2 also if this is a possibility