5-4 Extra Time Epic Sends WSW To Adelaide Grand Final

Just sitting in front of the tele for the 3rd replay since last night...BEST STORY EVER....

I worked with a guy a few years back who was your typical AFL loving Bogan from Warrnambool Victoria. For many years he gave the usual taunts about gayball, hugging and kissing each other, boring nil all draws, bloody troublemaking riot  loving wogs....

Anyways after looking at the start of the game on replay once more, there is this guy in the front row of RBB with red and black hoops, scarf, hat, arms raised and giving it all for the love of our game. My weekend could not get any better, so I thought but this game is just the gift that keeps on giving. 

I have just decided I'm not going to work this week, no point, absolutely Zero will get done... Bring on Friday... :woah:  :woah:  :woah:

Re the RBB

From the far diagonal end of the stadium, the WST guys stood out in contrast to the magnificent rest of the RBB.

They waved a few flags but didn't appear to do much more than that.  

Is that a fair assessment (as I said, I was a long away off)??

None of my business,  but it looked a bit sad when everyone else was working so hard. It would be good if rifts had been healed by next season, since there doesn't seem to have been any progress this season??

I hard a rumour they were moving to a different part of the stadium (spotless / ANZ whatever) next season and getting their own drums.

All their ridiculous posts about 'forever loyal to West Sydney' seem to be hinting at something and not saying what.

We're better off without people having a sulk.

Man I have still not come down. Could barely sleep last night, read all the articles, watched the highlights, even read through the Guardian "as it happened" live updates and the four four two forum match thread to see what people were saying haha. Adelaide fans were rejoicing at 0-3! They were looking forward to a nice easy home GF v Brisbane.

Insane. Totally and utterly insane. I still can't believe it happened. The only way I can think to describe it is to say that it would have been EPIC if we had won 4-3! To let them equalise again, and then score another - GTFO.

RBB was off chops. Absolute pandemonium. Bodies going everywhere for the last 3 goals.

Have loved watching the players reactions to the goals. They were as delirious as us, and were running around crazy. When they did the pile-on, Nichols came over right towards the end and just kind of lies on top. Hilarious.

Very fitting that many people are conjuring up memories of Liverpool v Milan, and their Dortmund game the other week. There was a quote I read not long ago, from Cruyff, about Liverpool, saying "there's not one club in the world so united with the fans". I reckon we'd give them a run for their money. On nights like last night, it just seems like the whole stadium wills the results to happen. 8 knockout games at home - 3 semi-finals, 4 ACL games, 1 FFA Cup - and never defeated! 

So we have over 19,000 people there willing the team to go that one extra step, when they are being pushed back down. Never underestimate the power of the fans in this epic match. Those players would never of played out of their skin after 23 minutes and 3 nil down. It was a combination of belief once the Castellan free kick went in, Popa obviously got the message out to them that yes it was 3 nil down but they still only had one shot on goal, besides the penalty.

The belief of  the team, the wanderstrike from Romeo and then the piece de resistance, the 19,000 screaming Wander Freaks in the terraces getting right behind their beloved team. This club just keeps on delivering with special moments we will remember forever.

We were never going to lose that game and I really believe if they had scored once more, so would have we. Our desire and fight was never going to be 2nd best on this occasion.

I can't help but think if we had all the fair weather, glory hunting supporters there last year, how much it may have impacted our 'only ordinary*' season to date last year. *according to FaceBook

Romeo won us that game. He was unstoppable at times. Hit the post too and blazed two more over. He is a full dutch international whose career has been blighted by injury. Last night he turned the clock back to when he was good enough to play for the 'Oranje' and an ordinary HAL defence like the Roars just couldn't handle him.

Commeth the hour, commeth the man. He was like "Give me the freakin ball, I got this"

Edited by beatsurrender

Does anyone know if Romeo's contract negotiations were on the boil pre-match  :ninja:

By the way, notice how for all the yammering from the armchair experts and band wagoners about how great it is to have goal scoring machines like McLaren and Fornaroli in your squad.

Of course if you have one guy scoring a bucket load of goals and the rest do SFA perhaps that explains why you finish 3rd, 4th or lower and don;t make the GF...

Does anyone know if Romeo's contract negotiations were on the boil pre-match :ninja:

By the way, notice how for all the yammering from the armchair experts and band wagoners about how great it is to have goal scoring machines like McLaren and Fornaroli in your squad.

Of course if you have one guy scoring a bucket load of goals and the rest do SFA perhaps that explains why you finish 3rd, 4th or lower and don;t make the GF...

true but how good would it be to have our team and add a fornaroli over oh I dunno, say a Pio

Well how on earth do you sum that up?

At the pub before the game you could hear everyone talking about how to get to Adelaide. 

At 3-0 down heads might have dropped a bit, but we were all thinking of that derby.

At 3-1 you knew we had a great chance to pull it back. 

From then on it was just a blur of emotions, bodies, screaming...until the pub after the game where those plans of how to get to Adelaide were finalised.

Andreu had a shocker, obviously, but apart from that it was an epic performance. Nichols, in the second half especially, was immense. Santa, apart from scoring and winning the free kick for the first goal, ran around like he does and didn't give them a second to relax. Dimas made up for his compatriot's failings. Vidosic was great, not just the goal but kept his head in such a pressure situation every time he had the ball.

And Castelen...I don't think I've ever seen a player so clearly ahead of everyone else on the pitch. After all these games, all those missed chances and poor final balls, he's picked the last month or so and especially yesterday to turn it on. If I was an Adelaide fan I'd be shitting myself. 

Can you hear us now, Jamie McLaren?

Edited by luisenrique

At 3-0 down I didn't panic the way I thought I would've if you told me that's how it would pan out prior to the game. Brisbane scored 3 bullshit goals and like their season, were pretty undeserving of them. What gave me confidence was when the cattery started doing the poznan. That burned and I knew that they'd regret that. Can't say I thought we'd win but I was confident that we could come back to level it. All I could think of was that derby last season.

The sad faces of garfield's army on the big screen were priceless.

I've finally calmed down enough to be able to post.

What. a. frickin. night! Been under the weather all week, but there was no chance in hell I was gonna miss it. The emotion that welled up when Castelen scored evolved into full-blown tears (ops some sand got in) in my eyes when Dario scored that 5th goal.

Unforgettable. This night will be up there in my memories together with the Parra live-site for ACL final.  :xbop:

Like everyone here it was the best football game Ive ever been to, reminded me of the 4-3 derby from last season

- during the game i couldnt get any internet access on my phone (Telstra) it regularly happens when i go to games, does anyone else experience this problem?

- anyone know where i could download this game, it would be good to have a copy of the game to watch in the future, is there a place where you can download a-league games?

Like everyone here it was the best football game Ive ever been to, reminded me of the 4-3 derby from last season

- during the game i couldnt get any internet access on my phone (Telstra) it regularly happens when i go to games, does anyone else experience this problem?

- anyone know where i could download this game, it would be good to have a copy of the game to watch in the future, is there a place where you can download a-league games?

Past seasons when I was on Telstra, the local 3G cell would overload and prioritize to voice traffic only with crowds about 10k and above. Since I moved to Optus with a 4G phone, I don't have that problem nearly as often. Had no problem checking Facebook, Twitter or Instagram at half-time or the brief break before extra-time. The game was too immense to bother checking it at any other time last night...