Another Grand Final Defeat, In Adelaide

From the first minute we were behind it. Jamo and nichols mainly looked tired. I think popa should of started vidosic. Nichols did not look ready to start after last week. Also missing a proper 9 has cost us. Few of those diagonal balls should of been in the back of the net. Also don't know why reddy was dropped for redmayne. Does anyone know why.

Feel flat, but not as bad as after the Brisbane defeat. They were better end of. Some sad faces around at the end there but proud of the way we stayed back,sang and held up our scarfs high.

Our time will come.

I make that 9 grand finals i have experienced losing now when you combine WSW and Boro lol

Just ordered a big **** off meal and beers anyway.

Edited by WSWBoro

Adelaide were suburb.

Can't complain about the ref either

Also Redmayne out, he's not confident and our defenders are not confident in him. Always some mismatch communication back pass ****. Our ever shaky defence was evident again and a tonne of missed chances. Story of the season.

Easiest $700 I've ever made, was always going to be Adelaide.

Gonna be a long off season copping the 3 grand final choke banter

bugger

we simply seemed stunned in the first half. Not in the game.

We fought second half but Adelaide much better than brittle Brissy.

Yep. First half was very poor. People at the pub were saying "If we came back against Brisbane we can do it again" but it's quite clear that Adelaide are a different calibre compared to pissant Brisbane and that coming back from 2-0 down would be tough. Although we dominated possession in the second half we didn't put away our chances (story of the ******* season) and in the end it cost us when Redmayne blundered. Adelaide beat us fair and square (Though Kamau is still a ****).

Didn't think we played too bad, but Adelaide were much better. Great job by our fans, feel bad for the players, especially the ones who were here for the first two grand finals. Hopefully we won't see another rebuild, just a few key signings to take us one better next season.

Nice to see Neville get a goal.

I feel awful after that. Worse than Brisbane simply because losing a 3rd is worse than losing a 2nd. Hopefully the offseason is a good rest for the boys before training hard again and we can get another chance at a grand final next year.

Worst atmosphere i have heard from a 50,000 plus crowd by the way. We did our bit, but thought Adelaide poor. The match up in Brisbane had a better atmosphere than tonight.

Yeah they don't have the boisterous culture of support yet. They're getting there, their 'Adeliade' - 'united' chant is something at least. I like hearing other crowds make noise, it's good for the league so good for them.

Worst atmosphere i have heard from a 50,000 plus crowd by the way. We did our bit, but thought Adelaide poor. The match up in Brisbane had a better atmosphere than tonight.

that's all down to the ground mate. Adelaide oval obviously never a football venue in a million years. Suncorp is a great football ground.

proud of the spirit of the team.

some players didn't turn up today and execution was poor.

but even with all that we still had decent chances to level the game.

and for all the fouls and delaying tactics by adelaide did the ref give them one yellow?

nope.

That's the advantage of hosting the final, the referee is swayed by the crowd, subconsciously, even though he doesn't mean to be.

11 Aleague grand finals, 10 wins by home side and an ET draw, won on penalties by the away side.

It tells you hosting the final is crucial.

Well, not entirely true. 8 of 11 were won by the home side.

Jets beat Mariners at Moore Park in 2008

Sydney beat Melbourne at Etihad in 2010

Mariners beat Wanderers at Moore Park in 2013

You'd say all three occasions were played at a non-preferred venue for the home side, arguably.

proud of the spirit of the team.

some players didn't turn up today and execution was poor.

but even with all that we still had decent chances to level the game.

and for all the fouls and delaying tactics by adelaide did the ref give them one yellow?

nope.

That's the advantage of hosting the final, the referee is swayed by the crowd, subconsciously, even though he doesn't mean to be.

11 Aleague grand finals, 10 wins by home side and an ET draw, won on penalties by the away side.

It tells you hosting the final is crucial.

Well, not entirely true. 8 of 11 were won by the home side.

Jets beat Mariners at Moore Park in 2008

Sydney beat Melbourne at Etihad in 2010

Mariners beat Wanderers at Moore Park in 2013

You'd say all three occasions were played at a non-preferred venue for the home side, arguably.

Yeah, one of these seasons, we'll host a Grand Final in our own Stadium, on our own terms.

It's gut wrenching to travel so far, to see our team take so long to get into a match. We played really good in parts, but Adelaide were just too good at home.

I agree with what everyone is saying about the home supporters.

I've never seen such a large group of people make so little noise.

I could only hear them when they scored.