WSW Power Chair "Tour Of Duty"

18 members have voted

1. 1. Witch date can you make for the Power Chair Tour of Duty

• Rnd 13 v ESFC Saturday 20th of August 2:30pm
    • Rnd 14 v CCM Saturday 27th August 3:30pm
    • Rnd15 v Jets Saturday 10th Sept 3:30pm
    • Any of the above

A few of us would like to try and organize a "Tour of Duty" for the WSW Power chair team this season, So i have attached a pole for anyone that would like to come along to let us know witch date you would prefer to attended so we can set a date. Once the date has been set we can then start spreading the word and getting as many people as possible involved. Anyone who has attended a powerchair game will tell you it is an amazing thing to watch these guys play i assure you they play with as much spirit and passion as our A-league side if not more.So please let us know witch dates you can make and lets get the wheels in motion (pun totally intended). (all games are played at Kevin betts stadium with pre and post game drinks and food at the lone pine tavern)

For anyone who has not been to a game watch this clip below to see what our support and this game means to the men & women who represent our club in this competition.

https://youtu.be/HMaiCyS3ob4

In :woah:

Perhaps we could turn this into a WSF meet up too? Remind me if I'm wrong but when we had the big turn up in Season 1, didn't they all head to the Lone Pine tavern where there was a meet up with the players & coach?

In :woah:

Perhaps we could turn this into a WSF meet up too? Remind me if I'm wrong but when we had the big turn up in Season 1, didn't they all head to the Lone Pine tavern where there was a meet up with the players & coach?

correct and im fairly certain the same thing will happen this year 

yep, we would often head down to lone pine and catch up with the players.parents,staff etc, after matches and even once stayed there to watch an away match. Still got the old lone pine (wanderers members) discount club cards we organised so all drinks and food we receive a discount off.2uz8bc6.jpg

bloc put up a post that they they will be attending a few power chair games  :woah:

*the bloc post

*maroon chatting to la banda 

*tranqs organizing what he can 

*can probably get the club to post something

*and hopefully mack can ipen up a match day tour fo duty to get a few moere from the forum in attendace 

powerchair tour of duty is going to go offffffffffffffffffffffffffff

the only issue now is...will kevin betts stadium be able to fit all of us, life is good when this is our only problem :good:

bloc put up a post that they they will be attending a few power chair games  :woah:

*the bloc post

*and hopefully mack can ipen up a match day tour fo duty to get a few moere from the forum in attendace 

the only issue now is...will kevin betts stadium be able to fit all of us, life is good when this is our only problem :good:

records are meant to be broken :meep:

*the bloc post

Gonna have to upgrade Kevin Betts as well

*the bloc post

Gonna have to upgrade Kevin Betts as well

there's gonna be plenty sky blue there also. smileys-police-209510.gif The Parramatta  LAC boss use to be the boss of mt druitt LAC, so mmmmm.

Pity also the planned NPL derby this weekend will prob be played behind closed doors and only for players and families. 

#nannystate

• 2 weeks later...

Admittedly when WST turned up at Popondetta there was next to zero police presence, let's hope the same amount of police are in attendance at Kevin Betts :xnod:

This looks like it is coming along nicely :)

The season fixture has been altered for the rest of the season, we're no longer playing on the June long weekend so all games have been pushed back a week so the final Derby of the season is on the 27th of August.

Not sure how to add images here but here's a link to the updated fixture https://www.facebook.com/WSWPowerchair/photos/a.542627845780821.1073741829.533048233405449/1099908590052741/?type=3&theater

The season fixture has been altered for the rest of the season, we're no longer playing on the June long weekend so all games have been pushed back a week so the final Derby of the season is on the 27th of August.

Not sure how to add images here but here's a link to the updated fixture https://www.facebook.com/WSWPowerchair/photos/a.542627845780821.1073741829.533048233405449/1099908590052741/?type=3&theater

I think it is important that we lock down the date ASAP, what do you think? It appears not many were available for the following week, what do we think?

Yeah probably good to choose early so we have enough time to put the word out there and get as many ppl interested as possible. 

The derby being a week later doesn't affect me, not sure about others. I assume it got no votes because it was CCM rather than cos of the date?

suppose we are waiting for the RBB to announce when they will be attending the powerchair matches also so we can all be on the same page. Will be an epic weekend if we do the derby powerchair on the 27th aug and i think the next day sun aug 28th is the NPL derby home game not to far away at popondetta.

yntkw.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

Are you free this Saturday afternoon? Football cancelled?

This year our Powerchair Tour of Duty will be the Sydney Derby at Kevin Betts Stadium, Mount Druitt on Saturday 2pm, 9th July.

La Banda will be in attendance & the RBB will be there too, will be great if you can get down there too. Link to the Facebook event below.

Well here is your red & black fix for this weekend ;)

https://www.facebook.com/events/200426913692368/?ti=ia