2016 / 2017 Wanderers playing strip

Hi all ,

- Does anybody know if NIKE signed a 1,3,5 year deal with WSW regarding players strip ......?

- Will we have a new players strip design ( keeping the hoops of coarse ) this season .......?

- will other sporting brands eg; ADIDAS , UMBRO , UNDER ARMOUR be offered the opportunity to design a new 2016/2017 players strip, if the club decide not to offer NIKE the contract.

- and of coarse BLACK SHORTS ........!

Not about offering the contract to Nike, it's about who offers the best deal both financially and distribution wise.

Nike are magnificent at creating a presence of the product to the major stores. I'm happy to stick with them.

Can't comment on the length of the deal with Nike. Can't recall how long it was

Should never change the hoops. Those are the things that little kids and people remember for a lifetime, and makes people want to buy jerseys. Simple designs are always the best and what people remember. You work around the main design (hoops) if you want to be creative.

Sashes look great, but leave it to the South American clubs.

How about V's on our jerseys like the other Aussie codes?

Home strip all red with a black V.

Away strip all white with a red V.

If this triggers anyone. I was just joking. =) stick with hoops.

Joke not appreciated!

club has said they're never changing the hoops for the home jersey, and as for the away, as of the end of last season they said hoops are a must for the away jersey too. Nike tried to convince the club to change the away kit to another template at the start of season three, and the club said no.

Club needs to burn all white and grey away jerseys and sack anyone that likes them.

Only so many hoop combinations you can have on an away jersey i'd think!

*i have an an away grey and white hooped jersey.

The old black Celtic jersey was pretty awesome

Someone did a mock up of it for a potential WSW jersey in the Concept Jersey Design thread. Would love it, not sure if the players would enjoy it much in summer though. Nor would FFA approve as they want dark and light options for kits and our home strip is dark.

Wanderers_3rd1314_zpsa134516b.png

I'm thinking our away kit can be a gold/bronze coloured jersey similar to what the Newcastle Jets used to have. Mix it with white hoops.

My honest belief is that our numbers should be a similar gold/bronze plated colour. Mixes beautifully with the red and black.

P.S - similar colour to the star on our emblem is probably what I'm getting at.

Edited by WestSyd

I'm thinking our away kit can be a gold/bronze coloured jersey similar to what the Newcastle Jets used to have. Mix it with white hoops.

My honest belief is that our numbers should be a similar gold/bronze plated colour. Mixes beautifully with the red and black.

honestly i would love gold and black hoops but gold has never been one of our colours(apart from the star) so i dont think the gold would work but it would look good imo

honestly i would love gold and black hoops but gold has never been one of our colours(apart from the star) so i dont think the gold would work but it would look good imo

Yes Goat, but it is an away strip for which you need an alternative colour. Away strips are never really your main colours.

Besides I would say gold would be our 4th colour now when you look at our emblem. We have also used yellow numbers before (close to gold).

Yes Goat, but it is an away strip for which you need an alternative colour. Away strips are never really your main colours.

Besides I would say gold would be our 4th colour now when you look at our emblem. We have also used yellow numbers before (close to gold).

that is very true i think black and gold hoops would look classy just my opinion

that is very true i think black and gold hoops would look classy just my opinion

True, but our main strip is dark, so we wouldn't get way with it. I don't mind the all white jersey we used in the grand final against Adelaide. I was just thinking of another colour to mix with the white and still get a light coloured jersey. I think light grey is a little too dull.

How about high vis yellow?

that is a nice colour

Mmm. Depends on how high vis it is? Would have to see it first.

How about high vis yellow?

that is a nice colour

There's a joke about Westie bogan builder supporter scum in there somewhere but my brain's not ticking this afternoon.

Edited by KGee