2016/17 EPL & F.A Cup thread

Didn't notice Klopp much, but I did hear them say he's been talking with the 4th. That aside, it was a studs on ankle tackle and good thing is no one got anything really bad over it.

100% it was a dangerous and reckless tackle i want disagree with you there, it should have also been a red, but live it did not look as dangerous, when i saw it i thought straight away possible yellow. it wasnt until i saw the replay that i was like well we ******* dodge a bullet there lol

Didn't notice Klopp much, but I did hear them say he's been talking with the 4th. That aside, it was a studs on ankle tackle and good thing is no one got anything really bad over it.

100% it was a dangerous and reckless tackle i want disagree with you there, it should have also been a red, but live it did not look as dangerous, when i saw it i thought straight away possible yellow. it wasnt until i saw the replay that i was like well we ******* dodge a bullet there lol

Makes up for some of the ones that the kopites got away with in the past

Gerrard made a shocking one a few years a go

• 2 weeks later...

As a WSW and A WHU supporter I see a lot of similarities. They both having west in their name, both have a Croatian coach and they both represent the less wealthy side of the city.

Last year both my team's had a decent season. At the end of last season they both moved away from their home ground. They both moved to an ex Olympic bigger ground. They both struggled at their new home, both sets of supporters aren't happy with their new home. (luckily ours in temp).

They both had really bad refereeing descions go against them, such as goals from offside positions and ridiculous straight red cards.

But one thing I learned from being a WHU supporter is that no matter how bad things get I would never consider supporting another EPL team pretty much the same as I would never support another AL team no matter what.

3 nil now I'm refreshing that YouTube channel all day at work i haven't been this excited since the acl final Haha

:rofl:

Good fight back but but 3-0 down to Bournemouth for a team wanting to challenge for the title is a hammer blow, yes Arsenal TV will be good for a laugh today. I think most people just want to see Arsenal Loose to watch Arsenal TV :rofl:

Can't wait :xbop:

3 nil now I'm refreshing that YouTube channel all day at work i haven't been this excited since the acl final Haha

:rofl:

Good fight back but but 3-0 down to Bournemouth for a team wanting to challenge for the title is a hammer blow, yes Arsenal TV will be good for a laugh today. I think most people just want to see Arsenal Loose to watch Arsenal TV :rofl:

Can't wait :xbop:

Nail on the head.

Troopz let them off easy but DT went to town. I just watched every video that's up. He's is the best.

To be honest it's a pretty hectic comeback. And that goal from Perez was a peach. The one thing about being a Gunner is it's never boring!

My head has been hurting a bit over the past week or so, had a good chance to catch up on some football.

----------------------

I have a soft spot for Mourinho, Conte is a fantastic manager but something appeals to me that Conte doesn't have, hard to put a finger on it. I must say I'm quite enjoying United's form over the past 6 matches and the way MoU has turned it around for the team. A month ago everyone was out for his head but funny how things can change. It is quite amazing how MoU has the press under control in England, he creates controversy where seemingly none exists & the press love him for it. There is always a story.

Mou acts like a complete dick at times, this abrasive confrontational approach where he is not looking to make friends but win games seems at odds to the way other managers conduct themselves. The only warning is that it is a fine line, the press love him but won't be afraid to poke holes or go where he doesn't want them to go much like his last time at Chelsea.

----------------------

Caught up on the Spurs match finally and have to give full credit to Potch, such a brillant tactical performance where it is obvious that this game was long in the planning for Spurs. The first time in 13 games where Conte was finally outsmarted & outplayed. Some can point to the fact that scoring just before half time was a key goal & so was the second goal when Chelsea were looking better then Spurs scored against the run of play. The performance of Rose/Walker, break up play of Wanyama////Dembele, the 3 CB's & Kane's tireless running up front (reminded me of Dino) was quite impressive.

For me the key was how he was able to turn Chelsea's two wing backs to constantly track back which other teams weren't able to do, then when seemingly they ran out of legs then attack that space. The other weakness I see with Conte is that he likes his first XI and very rarely likes to rotate. I remember back at Juve, even seemingly before a massive champions league game he would play his first XI against a mid table team & then questions would be asked why the team constantly underperformed in Europe. In the past 13 games, he has not looked to tinker or rotate his players but rather stick faith with the players that have delivered for him. With that in mind, with the crazy Christmas schedule (3 games in 6 days?) I think he erred in not keeping his players fresh for such an important game.

I also remember reading a story about Conte from Buffon. The team was going to be the first team in Serie A to get 100 points but still had to win 2/3 remaining games to get it. They lose a game by playing poorly against a relegation threatened team & after the game he went off his rocker, Fergie hair dryer style. The rest of the week the players were made to do hours upon hours of fitness training :lol: I think he has had to dial down his craziness in England but perhaps it gives you an insight into what sort of manager he is & his desire to win win win.

Full credit to Conte, after the game he said he'd rather lose when the team is playing well rather than when the team is playing poorly but will be interesting to see whether other teams can learn the lessons from that game & exploit this going further forward. In the game he also tried to change a few things, neither which came off but can at least see him changing things up on the field.

The other point I'd like to suggest is that it isn't that easy to switch formations as people believe. Firstly there is this common myth that these are professional footballers so they should be able to do anything. Secondly it requires many hours of training/understanding before players can understand what the managers want them to do. Thirdly switching formations require different set of skills for the same position & finally (relating to point 3) it requires squad depth to actually be able to have different types of players

Draw out for the 4th round of the FA Cup

Middlesbrough V Accrington Stanley........ who are they.................................. EXACTLY!!!!!!!!

Middlesbrough Football Club  is a professional association football club based in MiddlesbroughNorth Yorkshire, England. Formed in 1876, they have played at the Riverside Stadium since 1995,[6] their second ground since turning professional in 1889. They played at Ayresome Park for 92 years, from 1903 to 1995.

Middlesbrough V Accrington Stanley........ who are they.................................. EXACTLY!!!!!!!!

Middlesbrough Football Club is a professional association football club based in Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire, England. Formed in 1876, they have played at the Riverside Stadium since 1995,[6] their second ground since turning professional in 1889. They played at Ayresome Park for 92 years, from 1903 to 1995.

Back of the net

Middlesbrough Football Club is a professional association football club based in Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire, England. Formed in 1876, they have played at the Riverside Stadium since 1995,[6] their second ground since turning professional in 1889. They played at Ayresome Park for 92 years, from 1903 to 1995.

Back of the net

pffttttttt, wasted on you lot, had to be a kid growing up in the 80's to appreciate the Accrington Stanley 'EXACTLY' thing..

Edited by WSWBoro