Lachlan Scott

mack

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

where are all the people praising him? Taurus was praising him as the second coming of jesus, the next best thing to sliced bread, what happened to that?, at least he scored a goal last night

Our youngsters are not stepping up. Look at Joey Champness for the Jets.Having a great season to date. Our juniors do not seem to be up to playing senior football at the moment. It's a worry. I don't know if it's the constant changing of the senior playing roster the club has a habit of doing, so, are the youth missing out on getting advice and training from first team players who have "been around" for a few years at a club.

I wouldn't be surprised if the club tries to move him on a year early and he'll need to make a huge impact to stay beyond his contract next season if he decided to stay on.

For the A-League his finishing is decently instinctive but he's not tall enough to be a aerial target man, he's not strong enough to be a back to goal hold up man and he's not fast enough to be a line breaking striker and there's little to suggest he can be a creative forward who helps make chances for the other attackers.

I suspect he'll end up somewhere like Blacktown City in a couple of years. He might do okay in Asia, somewhere like Malaysia or the Philippines.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

The Western Sydney Wanderers and forward Lachlan Scott have today parted ways by mutual consent. 

A Wollongong local, Scott started his junior football journey with Balgownie Rangers, playing for the south coast side until U11s when he joined Illawarra. 

Scott joined the Wanderers for the Foxtel Y-League season in 2015/16 and made an immediate impact, finishing the season as the Red & Black’s equal top scorer. 

The youngster was promoted to the Hyundai A-League side in 2016/17 and scored on his debut.

Scott went on to make 28 appearances across all competitions for the Red & Black, scoring five goals. 

The Western Sydney Wanderers wish Lachlan Scott all the best in his future endeavours. 

5 hours ago, GunnerWanderer said:

Wanderers actually have a pretty good record of letting young players go in terms we missed none of them 

Kuzmanovski

shabow 

aspro 

banderia 

a whole bunch other people can mention  

who is lighting it up? No one of significant nature 

i thought aspro was a massive loss.........but then i saw some of his recent performances

• 1 year later...
14 minutes ago, GlobalWarning said:

how is he going for the wolves? wonder if he could ever make a comeback

Sometimes a player may show talent as a youth but find the step up to fully professional one step too many at a young age. He may have found his level at NPL or he may be a late bloomer and mature into a better player over time.