Squad Development 2016/17 Part 1

This thread is for discussion about squad development and rumours for incoming & outgoing players.

Previous Thread Located Here

Current status:

Updated 6/9/16

Not Contracted (Not Included In Totals)

Michael Trajkovski

Expiring End 2016/17

Andrew Redmayne

Brendan Hamill

Bruno Pinatares

Dimas Delgado (Foreign)

Jackson Bandiera (First Team U21 Dev Contract)

Jaushua Sotirio (U21)

Jerrad Tyson

Kearyn Baccus

Lachlan Scott (U21)

Liam Youlley (First Team U21 Dev Contract)

Mario Shabow (U21)

Mitch Nichols

Nicolas Martinez (Marquee)

Nikolai Topor-Stanley

Scott Neville

Shannon Cole

Expiring End 2017/18

Aritz Borda

Brendon Santalab

Jack Clisby

Jacob Melling

Jonathan Aspropotamitis

Jumpei Kusukami

Kerem Bulut

Robbie Cornthwaite

Steven Lustica

Special Player Limitations (As part of overall squad cap)

5 of 5 Foreign Players - 0 Available

1 of 2 Marquee Position (Wage not included in Salary Cap) - 1 Available

Tim Cahill Guest Player (basically a 3rd marquee spot if your name is Tim Cahill)

0 of 1 Tim Cahill Guest Player - 1 available.

A-League squad comprised of 23 First Team players (3 of which must be U21), and 3 U21 Youth Development Contracts.

20 of 20 First Team Contracts - 0 Available

3 of 3 First Team U21 Contracts - 0  Available

2 of 3 Full Time Youth Contracts - 1 Available

Total

25 of 26 Players - 1 Available.

Lol at us having 3 players signed for more than 1 year.

Need to sign up Mitch, Neville and jamo to multi year deals or in Mitch's case to make sure we get a fee if he goes back o/s.

I know it's the nature of the league and I should be used to it by now but I still find the player churn frustrating as hell.

Mack,

What is the status of Bandiera?

Not sure. He signed for two years but might be nyl only.

Nah, its a pro contract, but unsure if youth development or u21.

Club don't seem to elaborate on such detail.

He was allowed to play NPL2, as it's classified as amateur. 

Mitch Austin has been released from the Mariners

And they will announce the player they have signed at 9.30 in the morning #suss

76c876a4aa6b589d35a783986ccac3fb_bigger.TransferMarkt Chinaâ€@asaikana

Australia winger James Troisi is set to leave Liaoning FC when his contract ends in the summer, WSW's Dario Vidosic will replace him.

• 2:57 AM - 16 Jun 2016

​

I think this is our depth at the moment.

Questions about if NTS stays, if we sign Mrcela to replace him.

I think the biggest question is where our 4 foreign signings go. We will use at least two on a winger and a striker. That leaves 2, when arguably we could use a foreigner at attacking midfielder, the other wing position, or another defensive midfielder, and central defense perhaps.

I think we have to use Aspro in the first team line-up. We can't afford to leave him out of squads again. If that is at defensive midfield or as the ball playing central defender, it has to be done. It would also mean not needing a foreigner in his position.

331m3hl.png

Visualised that's a lot of continuity to build ain't it. In a perfect world we might look for a forward line that has some history with each other, but I'd assume that might mean a tier 2 league in Europe where we could virtually grab an entire forward line, ie someone undeserving of religation.

On troisi, I'm personally not a fan. I just feel he's a bit precious and is a little too bondi. Thoughts?

We currently have eight, nine players on the books I consider starting 11 material. Add four imports and an additional quality aussie and the bench is too small. Then add the five, six young guys.

I think the biggest question is where our 4 foreign signings go. We will use at least two on a winger and a striker. That leaves 2, when arguably we could use a foreigner at attacking midfielder, the other wing position, or another defensive midfielder, and central defense perhaps.

I think we have to use Aspro in the first team line-up. We can't afford to leave him out of squads again. If that is at defensive midfield or as the ball playing central defender, it has to be done. It would also mean not needing a foreigner in his position.

331m3hl.png

You have 6 visa players on that graphic.  Which of those positions do we have the best local cover?

331m3hl.png

You have 6 visa players on that graphic.  Which of those positions do we have the best local cover?

Probably midfielders...

Adelaide United has signed Ben Garuccio, was announced about 10 minutes ago.

331m3hl.png

Yeah. I put them in mostly because it was areas we might be looking at a foreign player.

If we can get Troisi & Mrcela that would cover a wing spot & central defender spot.

We would then need foreign striker, wing, DM, AM.

At DM we could play Nichols or Aspro (two different options) with a foreign front 4.