Squad Development 2016/17 Part 1

Can anyone confirm how long it has been since Bulut has done anything wrong? I mean actually done something wrong, not just a rumour or heated words with a team mate (if that even happened).

Am I wrong or has it been years since he's done anything wrong? At what point do we get off his back and let him play football?

I, for one welcome my fellow scum, ******* get in son!

He told other players to lift their game when we were headed for the spoon?

If so I want him in the team.

From what i heard from a mate who is soon to be brother in law to one of the players but Bulut was liked by the players nice guy and is easy going

i remember last season he stayed to take photos with people and give autographs after every single player left and the only reason he stopped is someone called him into the change room, that is something i will never forget and always respect him for

well not last season because he was not there last season but the season before

Plan B...Jumpei plays Left Wing and get this guy to play right wing and he could also be our marquee man: http://www.transfermarkt.com/alexander-gorgon/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/45425

Problem solved...

Here are some Spanish left-wingers to replace Bridgey

http://www.transfermarkt.com/mario-martinez/profil/spieler/51574

How come this dude hasn't played Goalkeeper yet? He has played at every other position...
No idea but you could ask our Assistant Coach!

.I bet he would do a better job than Redders as well...

Edited by MathyouWSW

From what i heard from a mate who is soon to be brother in law to one of the players but Bulut was liked by the players nice guy and is easy going

Remember talking to a bouncer who saw my WSW hoodie and he knew Bulut, said he was a really nice guy, just hung out with the wrong crowd (this is two years ago).

Plan B...Jumpei plays Left Wing and get this guy to play right wing and he could also be our marquee man: http://www.transfermarkt.com/alexander-gorgon/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/45425

Problem solved...

Here are some Spanish left-wingers to replace Bridgeyhttp://www.transfermarkt.com/mario-martinez/profil/spieler/51574

How come this dude hasn't played Goalkeeper yet? He has played at every other position...
No idea but you could ask our Assistant Coach!

.I bet he would do a better job than Redders as well...
This guy has a good overall record but not last season.

Has played RW, LW, CF, SS and AM

http://www.transfermarkt.com/sito-riera/leistungsdaten/spieler/8480/plus/0?saison=ges

Burns would be a good signing but a pretty underwhelming marquee.

In his last season in the A-League, Burns was Johnny Warren medalist - while playing for Nix! He's a perfect fit for our positional requirements (winger + can play striker and 10). He's Australian, as required for one of our marquees, since we've already used four import slots. What more would you want?! Seriously, name one Australian attacker who we could realistically get and do a better job.

In his last season in the A-League, Burns was Johnny Warren medalist - while playing for Nix! He's a perfect fit for our positional requirements (winger + can play striker and 10). He's Australian, as required for one of our marquees, since we've already used four import slots. What more would you want?! Seriously, name one Australian attacker who we could realistically get and do a better job.
I think he'd be a great signing for us but as one of the better quality squad players. He's only had one standout season in his career and would be coming to us after a failed stint in Japan to try and re invigorate himself. That's not a marquee player.

I think he'd be a great signing for us but as one of the better quality squad players. He's only had one standout season in his career and would be coming to us after a failed stint in Japan to try and re invigorate himself. That's not a marquee player.

I think the point is that if there is no better Aussie attacker available then he might as well take the marquee spot. Whatever individual thoughts we have on what marquees should look like is irrelevant if he is the only Aussie attacker left. 

I think the point is that if there is no better Aussie attacker available then he might as well take the marquee spot. Whatever individual thoughts we have on what marquees should look like is irrelevant if he is the only Aussie attacker left.
Which is why the FFA were right to lift the restrictions of only Aussie players being able to take up the second marquee spot.

Ah I see the misunderstanding. Until we know if Bulut is def signed and whether or not he is a marquee we still have an Aussie marquee and foreign (because we only have one foreign spot left). 

If Bulut takes a marquee then yes we only have one marquee left and Burns is then up against all nationalities. Still, if we can't find a decent foreign attacker then Burns may as well take a marquee.

Ah I see the misunderstanding. Until we know if Bulut is def signed and whether or not he is a marquee we still have an Aussie marquee and foreign (because we only have one foreign spot left).

If Bulut takes a marquee then yes we only have one marquee left and Burns is then up against all nationalities. Still, if we can't find a decent foreign attacker then Burns may as well take a marquee.

part of last seasons rule change were that a A-League team could have 2 foreign marquees or 2 Australian marquees or the combination. There are no restrictions.

in the current climate with the csl I'd take burns and bulut and call it a day there's not much better we'd get for the funds

part of last seasons rule change were that a A-League team could have 2 foreign marquees or 2 Australian marquees or the combination. There are no restrictions.

*except the overall restrictions on the number of foreigners in the team - we currently have 4 of our 5 foreigners

With Bridgey and Dario gone, Brosque most likely staying with the Smurfs, Troisi and City being spoken for, Burns is currently the only quality local attacker available who'd consider playing in the HAL.

Signing him would make a huge difference.

Agree. Transfermarket has him with 2g & 3 assists season in progress and it sounds like his appearances have been stop start. This new guy is like their 3rd manager since he got there. Edited by BenchRiotSquad

Looking at that transfer market website, can anyone tell me what our club could realistically afford to pay for a marquee?

I think the club spent $1mil AUD on Pio (biggest waste of money and the club is still having sad thoughts about it). If you are looking on transfermarkt, I suggest starting from 1.5 euros to around 750k euros.