Squad Development 2016/17 Part 1

FFA should do away with the title of marquee spots....rename them as designated player spots for players who are payed outside the cap. Use the marquee name and spot for players that deserve that name! 

But how would they feel especially special if they just call them just a designated player like in the MLS?

Designated Player Spot is for players outside the cap that the club is able to afford. Marquee player is a player that has a percentage of his wage covered by the club and a percentage covered by the marquee player fund from the FFA. This player would have to bring growth in numbers which would financially benefit the club and league and also add to onfield quality of games and off-field sponsorship deals etc. Marquee players have to be big names. A designated player can still be a big name. I would even say the FFA should drop the guest player 12 month marquee guest and make it marquee. Pio was not marquee quality at all. IMO castellen was more of a marquee man than pio! 

Designated Player Spot is for players outside the cap that the club is able to afford. Marquee player is a player that has a percentage of his wage covered by the club and a percentage covered by the marquee player fund from the FFA. This player would have to bring growth in numbers which would financially benefit the club and league and also add to onfield quality of games and off-field sponsorship deals etc. Marquee players have to be big names. A designated player can still be a big name. I would even say the FFA should drop the guest player 12 month marquee guest and make it marquee. Pio was not marquee quality at all. IMO castellen was more of a marquee man than pio! 

I'm guessing they already have. Cahill'sâ„¢ on a 2 year deal.

And the name of the 'Guest Player' rule has already been changed. It's now called the 'Tim Cahillâ„¢ Rule'

Edited by Alexander

I am not of this world

Thank you for your consideration

Hopefully we see smurfs humbled in the gong

It will be a grand occasion

never say never wolves

Knowing of great upsets brings great hope

I can't wait to see bulut in the flesh in Canberra

More the likely we'll draw an a league club

For you see we always do thinks hard way

Doing so is Wanderers mentality

I don't belong

That's why I'm a great fit I am embodied Westie

I am not of this world

never say never wolves

I don't belong

Mind

Blown

I am not of this world

never say never wolves

I don't belong

d6a1143f571184db25f94613edd43b40af6d3a62

Be open

Loving

Open

With my emotion

My emotions

Basically I'm ****ed walked into that one blow me

Had dinner at my favourite restaurant Dili gaf in wentworthville seen skinny and the boyz

Back to football instead of being a bunch of sick ****s is the bulut source reliable

Edited by JayZko

Be open

Loving

Open

With my emotion

My emotions

Basically I'm ****ed walked into that one blow me

Had dinner at my favourite restaurant Dili gaf in wentworthville seen skinny and the boyz

Back to football instead of being a bunch of sick ***** is the bulut source reliable

Don't you love it when both of JayZko's identities contribute to a post :woah:

Adjo Jamo  :cry:

If this is true, we need to get Murnane fast.

Carlton Cole has signed with a US 3rd division club.

Yes, you read that correctly

Sacramento Republic FC Sign Former Chelsea and West Ham United Forward Carlton Cole

Striker brings 14 years of English Premier League experience to Republic FC.

CarltonCole-300x225.jpg

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (August 9, 2016) – Sacramento Republic FC have agreed to a contract with forward Carlton Cole for the 2016 USL season. Cole played most recently with Celtic of the Scottish Premier League. He will begin training with the club on August 16 in Sacramento.

“Cole needs no introduction. In terms in what he has does in the game, he has played at the highest level throughout his career and it shows he is a top player and very good professional,†said Head Coach and Technical Director Paul Buckle. “When he became available, we realized the good he can bring, his invaluable experience and that he can score goals.â€

Cole played 14 English Premier League seasons splitting time between Chelsea, Charlton Athletic and Aston Villa before spending nine seasons with West Ham United. Cole appeared in over 285 EPL matches, scoring 52 career EPL goals. He made 256 career appearances with West Ham United in the EPL and League Championship between 2006 and 2015, scoring 56 career goals. Cole played most recently with Celtic of the Scottish Premier League, appearing in five matches, scoring a goal.

Source: http://www.sacrepublicfc.com/news/2016/08/09/srfc-sign-carlton-cole

Edited by MathyouWSW