mack

Police/Security Issues & Restrictions

Police at Campbelltown were great, some of the security were on their high horse a bit.

As there were so many available seats, naturally people just sat wherever including myself. One security guard decided he'd check this families tickets and out of the 1000+ people in the eastern stand he made them move. He then proceeded to walk up and down the ground on the eastern side trying to show his dominance and that he 'owns' this place.

Other than that great day, no issues.

The other night (day before Australia Day) I tried to walk into a bar in the city. My wife was there with her friends, so I had just come to pick her up after finishing work. I go to walk in the bar and security guard says to me "Finished work?", I go "Yeah" (thinking to myself just let me through buddy). I looked as harmless as ever with a back pack on me which I carry around.

Then he asks me "What do you do?" and "why are you here?". I go to him "Why do you need to know that? Is this some kind of interrogation? I'm picking up my wife if you want to know". He replies "No worries mate. I'm just being friendly blah blah blah". I go back "Ok yeah, no problems." He lets me through. I've never had that before. Think to myself why would a security guard ask me those questions.

Is that normal for security guards to ask you these types of questions these days? Do they have some kind of autonomy now? Weird.

It is normal for them to sometimes ask you random questions to try and gauge if you're pissed and lying to them (like you'd been out on the piss all day rather than just finishing work). Most regular drinkers have worked out how to try and act sober enough to get in the pub, so they try and trip you up with a random question. It is mostly to determine if you are slurring your words or having trouble focusing. Some are very casual, others give you the full interrogation.

I haven't heard that one though.

Didn't look pissed at all. Didn't have anything to drink at all that day. I just thought it is a bizarre question to be asked by a security guard, "What do you do?". Oh well. The world has gone a little mad when a security guy is sussing out a totally sober looking guy who is just going to pick up his wife.

It's not uncommon for bouncers to have the personality (and IQ) of a plank of wood. He was probably genuinely trying to strike up a conversation haha

He might have been. He wasn't aggressive looking or anything. So I was ok about it. Just thought it was a little strange. I did mention to him that I wasn't sure what his intentions were by asking those questions.

Wtf was going on with the RBB and police outside the station? 

I don't know what happened but we walked past as it was being broken up. Typical police attitudes, storming in with their gigantic horses. A couple of innocent onlookers got caught under the horses necks - that's how tall they are - and then one guy started yelling "yeah that's really keeping Sydney safe isn't it?" and two cops on horses made a beeline for him.

It was clear that the dude was just agitating about their overpolicing, and what do they do? Overpolice! Having two monstrous horses going straight at a dude who is doing nothing more than yelling is just not necessary. Anyway, I suppose they wear blue so you've got to expect c***ish behaviour.

What was the deal with WST and police last night?

I heard that police evicted half of them after Santa's goal.

One appeared to be evicted just before kick off too

The WST flares and selfies festival in Lidcombe pre-game was pretty funny 

I don't know what happened but we walked past as it was being broken up. Typical police attitudes, storming in with their gigantic horses. A couple of innocent onlookers got caught under the horses necks - that's how tall they are - and then one guy started yelling "yeah that's really keeping Sydney safe isn't it?" and two cops on horses made a beeline for him.

It was clear that the dude was just agitating about their overpolicing, and what do they do? Overpolice! Having two monstrous horses going straight at a dude who is doing nothing more than yelling is just not necessary. Anyway, I suppose they wear blue so you've got to expect c***ish behaviour.

It ain't a job well done unless you crack a skull! Makes you wonder about the training they recieve because time and time again they show that they don't know how to properly defuse situations

Typical.

15 arrests at cricket, AFL or NRL and all we would get is the "generally well behaved" comment.

Offensive language, failing to leave licenced premises, possessing prohibited drug - these happen every single weekend at pubs and we never hear about them. Unless the government is trying to justify lock-out laws of course.

To be honest, after wanting my whole life for football to get recognition here, now I'm happy for stories like this to keep Shazza and Dazza away. I love the football community as it is. We don't need the 15,000 who were at derby 1 but not this one, never mind the NRL fan who might turn up if not for these stories.

Keep em coming.

It ain't a job well done unless you crack a skull! Makes you wonder about the training they recieve because time and time again they show that they don't know how to properly defuse situations

Check out the images on my tweet, taken from an ex-NSW copper:

https://twitter.com/ThoughtsOfAGM/status/833090965745213440

12 years in the force and he's comfortable talking about 'sand-*******' and telling women to self-mutilate

Wow.

I just had to look up the term sand ******. I figured it was someone from middle-east but I had to make sure because I couldn't believe it's a term. I mean, there is no reason for that term to exist, it's not like there's any reason to lump those two communities together except that they're not white people.

What part was funny for you?

Selfies are funny .

Selfies are funny .

I agree selfies are funny. Where were the selfies at Lidcombe pub from WST?

Watched this game. FK Rad is a literal fascist team. Their supporter group, 'United Force', is openly Neo-Nazi and they have had some very severe violence issues when playing against Novi Pazar, a team from a majority Muslim city in Serbia. After Everton flipped them off the players of Rad tried to attack him as well.

The player who was targetted by the abuse- Everton, a Brazilian - is popular and well liked in the country (not just by Partizan supporters) because he and his family have said how much they enjoy living in Serbia and expressed their gratitude for the warmth of the people. On social media there has been an outpouring of solidarity for Everton.

Edited by Valter43

Meanwhile in Germany: after Bayern's 96th minute equalizer in Berlin moods boiled over. The ref wrote an extra report stating that

Bayern coach Ancelotti was spat on

the ref himself was spat on and

the ref was verbally abused by Berlin officials

Ancelotti was asked to produce a written "please explain" for showing the middle finger to those doing the spitting.

All very civilized.

Check out the images on my tweet, taken from an ex-NSW copper:

https://twitter.com/ThoughtsOfAGM/status/833090965745213440

12 years in the force and he's comfortable talking about 'sand-*******' and telling women to self-mutilate

That was a fun afternoon, I called him out on those claims on being a cop - I didn't believe it for a second.

So a mate of mine was in the members section of Allianz for tonight's nrl game. Massive brawl 10 on 5 punching on for a good 5 mins, security nowhere to be seen, blood everywhere and a broken arm.

Let's see if this makes the news...

So a mate of mine was in the members section of Allianz for tonight's nrl game. Massive brawl 10 on 5 punching on for a good 5 mins, security nowhere to be seen, blood everywhere and a broken arm.

Larrakins having fun?

did he photograph it or film it?

did he photograph it or film it?

Unfortunately not

C9 have got hold of the story

this is on top of the brawl on the hill at the st george game?   im glad there are so many column inches in the papers about offensive banners.

http://www.9news.com.au/National/2017/03/10/00/47/Teen-in-custody-after-footy-fight-night

Edited by Johnno

two brawls in side of two weeks at the thugby league....3 points deducted 50k fine and 15 fans banned for life

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

No seriously though just larikins with a bit of post game entertainment nothing to worry about.

two brawls in side of two weeks at the thugby league....3 points deducted 50k fine and 15 fans banned for life

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

No seriously though just larikins with a bit of post game entertainment nothing to worry about.

surely the sponsors will be calling for their signage to be removed......