Police/Security Issues & Restrictions

My missus has been to a fair few music festivals and dance party stuff over the past 10 years and has never seen as many cops and riot squad that we get at WSW games.

And these events are rampant with illegal drinking and drugs.

She's astounded with all the checkpoints and pat downs compared to every other event she has ever been to.

Im fortunate to have avoided any pat downs at our matches. I'd be inclined to refuse if selected. What are our rights? Surely there has to be just cause or something.

Because you're entering a licensed venue controlled by FFA you are subject to their conditions, which include a search if they deem it appropriate.

On that basis security can conduct the search - does that extend to the police?

Im fortunate to have avoided any pat downs at our matches. I'd be inclined to refuse if selected. What are our rights? Surely there has to be just cause or something.

Because you're entering a licensed venue controlled by FFA you are subject to their conditions, which include a search if they deem it appropriate.
On that basis security can conduct the search - does that extend to the police?

From my experience security do conduct the pat downs (been a while since I was in the active end though), coppers mull around looking bored waiting for something to do.

the stock standard is pat down followed by electric wand down then (at pirtek) was take hats off and look up and the camera and pass through. Once u get past the airport security scan then u have the bay nazi security making sure everyone that enters a bay is in their correct bay. Only when the match starts and if a particular bay is not full then the seccies usually let u into another bay (in active area).

I can understand why some people stop goin to matches with the over security including cops it pulls the fun out of going for the main reason we are just paying customers who are their to watch/sing and be entertained at a football match. Less hassle and harrassment stayin at home or being welcomed at a pub/club and watching the match at the comfort there.

Just feels that cops/seccies aren't there at our matches to protect us or as a duty of care, it feels like they are there to protect others from us.

Surely the cops must keep stats themselves? Regardless of their pre-conceived ideas surely they can easily see how many incidents there are at various events. WSW have been around long enough to not be a statistical anomaly. I would think the Riot Squad have never been needed have they?

Maaaaaaate.

The reason the stats are good is BECAUSE the police are there.

the stock standard is pat down followed by electric wand down then (at pirtek) was take hats off and look up and the camera and pass through. Once u get past the airport security scan then u have the bay nazi security making sure everyone that enters a bay is in their correct bay. Only when the match starts and if a particular bay is not full then the seccies usually let u into another bay (in active area).

I can understand why some people stop goin to matches with the over security including cops it pulls the fun out of going for the main reason we are just paying customers who are their to watch/sing and be entertained at a football match. Less hassle and harrassment stayin at home or being welcomed at a pub/club and watching the match at the comfort there.

Just feels that cops/seccies aren't there at our matches to protect us or as a duty of care, it feels like they are there to protect others from us.

When does this (the bold) happen? The only time I walk through unchecked is if I have a handful of beers and they pretend to remember me so they don't have to wait for me to get my card out. Even then some of them make me do it.

I understand the pat-downs. If you're going to have people ripping flares - when was the last home one, though? - then you've got to at least show you're trying to stop it.

But the Bay nazis are too much. It's pointless and annoying (especially if your mates have tickets with the next bay over, even though it's still in active!).

If I wanted to, I could walk out with all 4 of our group's cards, and come back in with 3 extra people. And it's only going to stop people who don't want to argue, the so-called riff-raff that they are trying to keep out of the bay (not sure who that is, to be honest) are going to find a way to get in anyway, aren't they? It's stupid.

Surely the cops must keep stats themselves? Regardless of their pre-conceived ideas surely they can easily see how many incidents there are at various events. WSW have been around long enough to not be a statistical anomaly. I would think the Riot Squad have never been needed have they?

Maaaaaaate.

250px-Springfield_bear_patrol.png

When does this (the bold) happen? The only time I walk through unchecked is if I have a handful of beers and they pretend to remember me so they don't have to wait for me to get my card out. Even then some of them make me do it.

I understand the pat-downs. If you're going to have people ripping flares - when was the last home one, though? - then you've got to at least show you're trying to stop it.

But the Bay nazis are too much. It's pointless and annoying (especially if your mates have tickets with the next bay over, even though it's still in active!).

If I wanted to, I could walk out with all 4 of our group's cards, and come back in with 3 extra people. And it's only going to stop people who don't want to argue, the so-called riff-raff that they are trying to keep out of the bay (not sure who that is, to be honest) are going to find a way to get in anyway, aren't they? It's stupid.

that's what can be annoying in the RBB at spotless especially for those whos bays are 212/213 on the other side of the tunnel. Or you go with people that are in active but in different bays.

Once the match begins then if its not packed all RBB can go into any bay they desire of course you still have to show your pass so the seccies at any entrance point in active so they are sure you have an RBB membership. 

Maaaaaaate.

250px-Springfield_bear_patrol.png

Gallop: "I wanna to buy your rock"

Everywhere you go...the cops will follow

Such FAAARKEN cockheads, some of them behaving like mutts in newcastle

I can personally vouch for that.

What I don't get is that  this NRL season, there have been 3 vicious brawls at games. Nary a word in the media, and not a riot cop to be seen.

Our boys do a bit of moshing and 15 Riot Bums get sent in.

It shits me.

Edited by Wanderboy

Another one. 

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/sydney-man-thrown-out-of-pub-and-arrested-after-one-beer-awarded-20000-in-damages-20170401-gvbpf7.html

Either the courts are cracking down on stupid arrests or - more likely - the papers are reading the tea leaves and know that everyone is sick of this nanny state crap so they are writing about it more.

Not only is this post on point, it's also good to see Tranq back here & swinging!

You have to love this reaction.

The stadium management and club seemed oblivious to the melee declaring the derby was generally a good natured affair with record numbers attending.

In a stadium, the Stadium Management Authority said, “Overall crowd behaviour was good — very much in line with other Showdowns.â€

:shok:

The stadium management and club seemed oblivious to the melee declaring the derby was generally a good natured affair with record numbers attending.

In a stadium, the Stadium Management Authority said, “Overall crowd behaviour was good — very much in line with other Showdowns.â€

Also: 

South Australia Police said they were aware of the fight.

Stadium staff ejected the brawling supporters from the stadium.

At AFL the cops are aware of the fights afterwards. And no-one gets banned.

At A-league the cops come looking for fights, and we get banned if we are said to have stepped out of line.

I almost blew a load on Saturday with how much the secco touched me and patted me down all over my legs, waist, ankles and crotch

5 year ban for an explosive device

Honest Ossifer, I was just cleaning it and it went off in my hand  ;)

I'll just leave this here....

Violence mars record breaking derby at Adelaide Oval

http://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-life/violence-mars-record-breaking-derby-at-adelaide-oval/news-story/439c25723472d58da8e8f9f85be3115e

These days the 'news' has relative truth, more than ever. The other codes, especially AFL, are just better at not pandering to the nay-sayers. "Nothing to see here" is absolutely the way to go with Western media - the FFA, and football in general, is yet to realise. Edited by matty

Yep. Gallop and FFA always feel the need to explain themselves to get the approval of the bogan media. They don't realise that the bogan media will never care about football.

The easiest way to deal with them is to just tell them where to go.

Sorry, we don't feel the need to comment on this.

But they keep pushing this family friendly mainstream broader appeal rubbish and think by getting MSM to accept football it'll be all smooth sailing and a boom period afterwards.

It won't be.

MSM bogan media will never accept football.

It's neither imo- it's just the executive/management and their generation and how they view the world which just filters down.

The fact you have a died in the wool alfer like Maher taking every opportunity to bat for us is a sign to me that it can change. The level to which football social media immediately jumps on it as well - 5 years ago I and some other people started kind of cataloguing this kind of thing and there wasnt anything like the way it all works now. Not there yet... but it will happen.

FFA really don't help though.

• mack unpinned this topic