Police/Security Issues & Restrictions

so much progress has been made since season 1 a flare now inside the ground is a rare event compared to then

Melb away last season was one off that we haven't seen in a while

Also I thought flares were okay since Shark fans ripped them last week?

And will the Sharks fans face the same crap in the media that is being dealt out to WSW? A big fat F#cking NO.Totally hypocritical crap.

so much progress has been made since season 1 a flare now inside the ground is a rare event compared to then

Melb away last season was one off that we haven't seen in a while

Also I thought flares were okay since Shark fans ripped them last week?

And will the Sharks fans face the same crap in the media that is being dealt out to WSW? A big fat F#cking NO.Totally hypocritical crap.

Another piece of the complicated puzzle...

Gunner and BigDukes have it right, does two flares in 60,000 people really deserve the hysteria? Two people were ejected, its by far the most well-behaved major sporting event for lord knows how long. Where are the leaders of the FFA out banging that drum? And why are football journos pushing this story? The desire to appeal to the mainstream media has caused people to look at things the wrong way.

And the FFA's sanctions are making it worse. Rather than "stopping the problem before it becomes a problem" as you say, they are adding fuel to the fire by dishing out the wrong punishment. A suspended sentence on the club when the perps are individuals. What better way to keep the story ticking for the entire ******* season! What a bunch of idiots.

I said at the time of the Melb game if they really wanted to stop it they should come out and announce new ticketing regulations for away games, and longer bans for anyone caught. I certainly wouldn't like it - I like how the active and normally non-active mingle at away games - but if they did it then it would look like they are serious. I mean, was their "flare plan" just an email? 

Like Duke's said, if you let one go and you're caught you will cop it (hehe).

You'll be banned, fined etc. Like speeding for example (I've seen this before on here) Let's say the RMA or govmt want to stop speeding so you either;

do it and get away with it or;

you do it, get caught, get fined or licence suspended.

You can't ban everyone driving because some morons are getting caught doing it.

You say "Stop speeding or you'll be caught and dealt with", they say "hehe yeah righto" and do it anyway. Their risk.

Edited by nicknova

The Police Media Release on the Bathurst 1000 race.

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/media_release_archive?sq_content_src=%2BdXJsPWh0dHBzJTNBJTJGJTJGZWJpenByZC5wb2xpY2UubnN3Lmdvdi5hdSUyRm1lZGlhJTJGNTc1MjcuaHRtbCZhbGw9MQ%3D%3D

'Police have praised the behaviour of crowds following the conclusion of the high-visibility operation for this year’s Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000.

Officers attached to Operation Mawson arrested and charged five people, including two men who were charged over the alleged assault of a security guard on site.

People were also charged with malicious damage, offensive conduct, and a fifth man was charged over the alleged use of a flare inside the event footprint.

In addition, police issued nine banning notices to racegoers over anti-social behaviour at Mount Panorama.'

The Police Media Release on the Bathurst 1000 race.

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/media_release_archive?sq_content_src=%2BdXJsPWh0dHBzJTNBJTJGJTJGZWJpenByZC5wb2xpY2UubnN3Lmdvdi5hdSUyRm1lZGlhJTJGNTc1MjcuaHRtbCZhbGw9MQ%3D%3D

'Police have praised the behaviour of crowds following the conclusion of the high-visibility operation for this year’s Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000.

Officers attached to Operation Mawson arrested and charged five people, including two men who were charged over the alleged assault of a security guard on site.

People were also charged with malicious damage, offensive conduct, and a fifth man was charged over the alleged use of a flare inside the event footprint.

In addition, police issued nine banning notices to racegoers over anti-social behaviour at Mount Panorama.'

*facepalm*

Identifying, charging and banning each individual responsible is the best and most direct way of dealing with the issue. Unfortunately though, because this method doesn't always provide an immediate answer/response/excuse/decision to the reaction, this is why there is an ongoing pursuit for a better method when one doesn't exist. FFA need to trust in the method and stick to it, even when the critics are getting impatient for answers. There's no need to over complicate it.

Would I point out to the police / security / Hadley / Telegraph / FFA / Tsatsimas / Nanny State moral crusaders a flare ripper. All the aforementioned loyal stakeholders of football and the well being of society. But it's illegal. Oh that's it then. Funny how who does the illegal on this earth is what always counts. The Disloyals lost no sleep these last few days I assure you from the yawningly bleeding obvious call and response to jump how high Sir Hadley how high. The revolution will also be illegal and not televised.

Perhaps the disloyals would feel more empathy towards those against flares if we had steady crowds of 18k, an end to the fire drills when the team is losing, a cessation of spontaneous chants directed at the ref and opposition players, or some participation in chants at small games. Can't really go around telling people what to do or how to behave though can they

fyi sniffer dogs have been used in the past and to no success

Figured as much to be honest. Would need to train the dogs to specifically look for that particular chemical. Expensive and time consuming and flares aren't exactly a 'national security issue'... yet ;)
If Ray Hadley got his way :lol:

all I can say is that Hatamoto is getting paid for doing **** (if they're still employed - not in the home end anymore).

Dukes/Nova, you guys heard anything on this?

Have the FFA finally realized the suitcases of cash they throw at this shady security/intel firm are a complete joke & finally given them the flick?

If people were so respectful of "the rules" we wouldn't have people sitting and complaining about vision impairment in the active area.

Surely this isn't happening still?

It's blatant undermining of active support, something the club has painstakingly organised. Individuals choose to sh1t all over it for whatever their reasons, while people demand other individuals be more considerate. Again, it depends on who's breaking the rules and which way Hadley and his dearly departed ally are/were hissing

PS those who are caught ripping flares are banned and are charged - what else more can be done?

This.

People seem to live in this fairy-tale world, with some sort of sense of entitlement that everything around them works only so far as they can comprehend. When something doesn't fit that, they cry because, God forbid, their expectations of reality become shattered.

Now, if the prospect of points deduction was not on the table, we wouldn't have had the same fall out from people crying over social media all weekend. This is because our environment is so in-tuned to following a status quo that lest they be shamed by the pop-culture. ie "how dare the RBB do something not tolerated by us... someone must be accountable...".

The point is, people with no knowledge, no understanding, no ability to make an intelligent call on this matter are "demanding" that certain actions are taken. The only reason for this is that they feel entitled to determine how everything around their environment is to be.

I don't give a **** about any group politics, nor the debate of flares, but anyone calling for points deduction... who the **** you want to see punished? You're only upset because you felt entitled to a persona you wanted from the RBB.

The shrieks of disdain are as loud in this thread as anywhere else.

The flare debate has absolutely NOTHING to do with the RBB, which consists of hundreds of fans who sit in active and are there to support the team.

It has LITTLE to do with the odd moron who lets off the odd flare.

It is has EVRYTHING to do with a black tshirt wearing subgroups who put out on coordinated pyro shows complete with bangers, which is what brings on the media attention, fines, and frustration from large percentage of other fans who don't think that flares are worth the hassle they bring with them.

But carry on about for another 10 pages on how Hadley hates the rbb or how people want rbb to this or not to do that, when most fans don't give a **** except they just don't want the team to lose points.

Just make sure you don't concentrate on the real issue at hand.

Happy typing.

Had a glance at the back page of the telegraph while waiting for my coffee (not a latte). There was a small Wanderers/flare article. It wasn't directly having a go at us though, it was reporting how the FFA had increased sanctions against the club. I.E.the article wouldn't exist and less people would have cared if the FFA didn't bring it up.

An incredibly well behaved, record crowd and our own governing body focuses on the negative.

"It is has EVRYTHING to do with ...the media attention, fines, and frustration from large percentage of other fans who don't think" and are told what to tsk tsk tsk and shake a fist at every day of their lives.

More accurate.

Look, it isn't that you don't have validity in your argument, but if we have to tread on egg shells every ******* game because we are due to lose 3 points thanks to a no tolerance policy on "antisocial behaviour" than you might as well accept a shitty season cos **** is bound to go down. You can't scrutinize every ******* detail looking for a reason when there already is an agenda trying to do that very thing and you can be sure they'll find something.

The flare debate has absolutely NOTHING to do with the RBB, which consists of hundreds of fans who sit in active and are there to support the team.

It is has EVRYTHING to do with a black tshirt wearing subgroups who put out on coordinated pyro shows complete with bangers, which is what brings on the media attention, fines, and frustration from large percentage of other fans who don't think that flares are worth the hassle they bring with

Maybe I was at a different game to you, but what part of Saturday night was a "co-ordinated pyro show"? It looked entirely like the part you describe the issue as having "little" to do with to me.

It is has EVRYTHING to do with a black tshirt wearing subgroups who put out on coordinated pyro shows complete with bangers, which is what brings on the media attention, fines, and frustration from large percentage of other fans who don't think that flares are worth the hassle they bring with

Maybe I was at a different game to you, but what part of Saturday night was a "co-ordinated pyro show"? It looked entirely like the part you describe the issue as having "little" to do with to me.

And I don't believe that I made any references to saturday night, as you are led to believe. Moving on...

Best way to get the black shirt boys to respect your opinion = abuse and taunt them.giphy.gif

Good point, but could you point out the part where a abused or taunted anyone in my post?

Prydz

It is basically that the FFA find flares more annoying than anything else. They aren't on some moral crusade to stop all flare lighters. That is the media. But the FFA bow to the media because that is how PR works. Good PR is what brings in money. Money is what they want. If Gallop can get way with convincing the media he has it under control, than of course he is going to take that path. It's much less to deal with. I think he has realised he can only minimise it, not completely stop it.

I agree that they pander to the media but I think I find it hard to believe that they've gone from a hardline stance to a more mild response because they find it an annoyance. Also agree that Gallop has played a good PR game thus far but I see much further issues during the season due to him softening his stance.

It reminds me of a little kid trying to push the boundaries with there parents. Last night we saw that the boundary could be pushed a bit further than last thought.

Perhaps because there wasn't a hysterical reaction by the media this time they felt that didn't need to react?

Squires on point :good:

https://twitter.com/prydzopolis/status/786409707476967424

• mack unpinned this topic