mack

Sydney FC: Season 2016/17

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

Heaven

Hoole back to the jets, as usual Sydney seemed to not got the best of a young talent

That's strange was it the player who wanted to go back? Would have thought he'd turn out good in a few years or maybe it was about Armie going for experience over youth?

Heaven  

Hoole back to the jets, as usual Sydney seemed to not got the best of a young talent 

Yeah I don't think it's Sydney's fault. Hoole isn't really a talent. He can't dribble, can't pass, can't shoot. Only thing he's good for is trying to do a trick and scrambling a throw-in

Heaven

Can we expect the Baltic/Estonian hope to come to the rescue? If it happens: I don't expect you to jump on tables and perform jubilation dances.

Heaven

Can we expect the Baltic/Estonian hope to come to the rescue? If it happens: I don't expect you to jump on tables and perform jubilation dances.

I think people need to understand this player is a winger and if hoole is leaving it may be his replacement. though he's wouldn't be a marquee player. 

he may be listed on the sites as a striker but that appears wrong. 

Heaven  

Yeah I don't think it's Sydney's fault. Hoole isn't really a talent. He can't dribble, can't pass, can't shoot. Only thing he's good for is trying to do a trick and scrambling a throw-in

He was still 'good' enough to be picked in under-age Australian teams.....but that's another debate !!!

I've figured that he is a winger, and I'd be crying in despair if we were the one to be in talks with him. And because I am so negative about him he is probably going to score the winning goal in the next derby...

I've figured that he is a winger, and I'd be crying in despair if we were the one to be in talks with him. And because I am so negative about him he is probably going to score the winning goal in the next derby...

like smeltz.... one of our worse this year scores one good goal ;) 

So brosque to wsw .... that would be interesting 

like smeltz.... one of our worse this year scores one good goal ;)

So brosque to wsw .... that would be interesting

It would get really interesting indeed, especially if he scored in the derby.

Heaven  

white Appiah Kubi?

Heaven

white Appiah Kubi?
imo yes.

Now watch him develop into the greatest winger Australia has ever had

Hoole is the type of player who might thrive at another club. Similar to the way Beauchamp and Bridge were terrible at SFC before they came to us. Hoole seemed to be very good at Newcastle the previous year, then just rubbish at SFC. You don't just go from a decent player in the A-league to rubbish for no reason. Mooy is another example who thrived at a change of club. If there is potential there, then it is up to the coach to understand and utilise that. Otherwise both player and club suffers.

Every Sydney fan I know seemed to have come to the conclusion Hoole was hopeless, crowd were in his back soon as he would come on a chance will be good for him. However I suspect that he is actually fairly ordinary

Every Sydney fan I know seemed to have come to the conclusion Hoole was hopeless, crowd were in his back soon as he would come on a chance will be good for him. However I suspect that he is actually fairly ordinary

Every Sydney fan I know came to the conclusion that that whole team was hopeless last season !!

Every Sydney fan I know came to the conclusion that that whole team was hopeless last season !!

hence the massive clean out, expecting more names to be released. 

hence the massive clean out, expecting more names to be released. 

Followed closely by CCM announcing a new player signing

Brosque has been offered about a 1/3 of the $$$ he's currently on.

No wander he has baulked at signing a new deal. 

considering he played 1/3 of a season i'd say it's a fair deal  ;)

I'd imagine Brosque would have been maybe around $600K - maybe less given it's ESFC I doubt it. 

$200K would seem fair to me especially given the question mark surrounding his fitness. 

You're not even close, brosque won't go to wsw 

sydney fc cant afford him but they should get Al-Shamrani

i would love to "welcome" him and sydney fc to our mansion while they are playing out of their little shed

You're not even close, brosque won't go to wsw
Let's just pretend that the figures are off, but if Brosque has been given a low ball offer would you not expect the guy to do what is in the best interest for his family & his future post football?

442 article

1 hour ago

Sydney vow to field two marquees

Sydney FC CEO Tony Pignata has reiterated the club’s commitment to two marquee players in light of speculation Alex Brosque could leave the Sky Blues.

The Sky Blues captain was one of the club’s two marquee players last term, but is out of contract.

It is understood, 32-year-old Brosque has been offered a new deal with the financial terms to be significantly less.

Western Sydney Wanderers is reported this week to have put together a deal for Brosque closer to his valuation to pry him away from Moore Park.

Despite the situation, Pignata reaffirmed Sydney was committed to having two marquee players for 2016-17. Slovakian Filip Holosko is the club’s other marquee.

“Sydney FC has always had a commitment to marquees and Graham Arnold is exploring the option of another marquee,†Pignata told FourFourTwo.

The Sky Blues have been linked to veteran Australian shot-stopper Mark Schwarzer, although that’s understood to be a potential season-long guest deal.

There has also been speculation linking the club to Spaniards Fernando Torres and Jose Antonio Reyes although neither progressed.

Sydney has two visa spots remaining following the exits of Jacques Faty and Mickael Tavares to Central Coast Mariners.

Estonian striker Henrik Ojamaa is in the club’s sights according to Scottish reports.

The club has seen 11 players leave in the off-season, including Ali Abbas, Chris Naumoff and Ivan Necevski, while bolstering their backline with defensive duo Michael Zullo and Alex Wilkinson.

Coach Graham Arnold signalled his intent to recruit and favour experienced players following the club’s AFC Champions League exit.

Despite this, Pignata was keen to talk up the club’s new Academy which was launched in January.

The project has a long-term view to one day having a Sydney FC first-team full of Academy graduated players.

“The Academy is a hugely exciting step for the club,†Pignata said. 

“We have been doing well so far and have had some good results.

“However it’s not really about results and we are looking to produce the next generation of Sydney FC and Australian players through our Academy.

“Our plan is to create the best youth Academy in the country.â€

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/sydney-vow-field-two-marquees#EL6wcCXC2cy4sgXE.99

"Our plan is to have the best youth academy in the country".

What is their long term plan though, to keep their youth base at Valentine? I know they say they're for all of Sydney, but wouldn't it be more suitable to have their base in their more realistic catchment area?