Sydney FC: Season 2016/17

I personally won't be going but there will be families who will see this as a great option. 

What about putting some goals out the front and letting the kids have a kick around?

Nah, let's get them to watch movies.

FMD.

Sporting clubs should be encouraging an active, healthy lifestyle. Now, instead of getting kids off their bums they are helping them stay on them.

Haha I don't agree with those things either. If they are going to do a deal with Maccas, why not create a unique meal based around some of the newer options, not basically a Qtr Pnder meal with nuggets thrown on top. It's lazy money grabbing. There have been plenty of debates about the betting thing...my opinion is that we shouldn't be doing it. Not because of some definitive moral stance, but because gambling has been shown to corrupt sport, so it's not a good fit.

But you have hit the nail on the head. Is this Ice Age thing really about getting kids through the gates? How many extra do they really think will come? I'd say it's more about easy sponsor dollars. The esfc option is much better than ours, but still ****. And theirs is much more lame!

Haha I don't agree with those things either. If they are going to do a deal with Maccas, why not create a unique meal based around some of the newer options, not basically a Qtr Pnder meal with nuggets thrown on top. It's lazy money grabbing. There have been plenty of debates about the betting thing...my opinion is that we shouldn't be doing it. Not because of some definitive moral stance, but because gambling has been shown to corrupt sport, so it's not a good fit.

But you have hit the nail on the head. Is this Ice Age thing really about getting kids through the gates? How many extra do they really think will come? I'd say it's more about easy sponsor dollars. The esfc option is much better than ours, but still ****. And theirs is much more lame!

Maccas said to the club "this is the wanderers meal". the club should have done more to make it healthier, but hey, you gotta keep have a sponsor.

Maccas said to the club "this is the wanderers meal". the club should have done more to make it healthier, but hey, you gotta keep have a sponsor.

Yeah probably. You know, even if they couldn't have been bothered to make it healthier, which I think they should have done, think of something that might make it memorable at least! 

"The club is also giving away free Popcorn and frozen Fanta to the first 200 fans in order to aid in the movie experience, and they will be available throughout the rest of the afternoon thereafter."

FMD. What's next? Party poppers? Chistmas hats? Sky blue plastic noses? A screening of the latest "Super Arnie" movie?

party poppers would get you a 5 year ban, surely. Sky blue plastic noses and christmas hats, you'd have to take them off before you enter the stadium

Just seen their membership advert on Facebook, it puzzled me for a bit.

Why is the kid watching the derby nervously on the telly? Why isn't he at the game?

I don't get it either we haven't lost for 1000 days half that kid's life. 

Did you also notice he has cove merch? must be top boy ;)

he does look about the average age of the cove.

Why is the kid watching the derby nervously on the telly? Why isn't he at the game?

he does look about the average age of the cove.

Back of the net

That's what we want to be promoting hey, he is at home watching the game because he can't be bothered getting all the way to East Sydney to be in the stands.

At least they portrayed the cove boys accurately :lol: very young & don't go to games. :cheeky:

"The club is also giving away free Popcorn and frozen Fanta to the first 200 fans in order to aid in the movie experience, and they will be available throughout the rest of the afternoon thereafter."

FMD. What's next? Party poppers? Chistmas hats? Sky blue plastic noses? A screening of the latest "Super Arnie" movie?

******* ridiculous lol

I take my son to games to try and replicate a little of what i had growing up in the 80s (with a little less crowd violence) on the terraces, it is deliberate to get away from shitty movie type stuff.

^cockerill getting in early.

Even by Cockerill standards that article is a load of crap.

"Impressive off-season", they haven't played a single A League club in the FFA cup. They will make the final of it, winning comfortably against semi-professional opposition. He really is reading way too much into a couple of games against NPL sides

The article reminded me (as if I needed) why I have never been able to stand them..

"Impressive off-season", they haven't played a single A League club in the FFA cup. They will make the final of it, winning comfortably against semi-professional opposition. He really is reading way too much into a couple of games against NPL sides

The article reminded me (as if I needed) why I have never been able to stand them..

Pretty sure they beat Perth in Perth.

TBF they did win against Glory away (most boring FFA game, but they still won). I do think that on paper they recruited well and should be competitive but this is ESFC we are talking about. It will also be very hard to bet against Man City this year.
  • mack unpinned this topic