Sydney FC: Season 2016/17

mack

Arnie to City next year.

Apparently

Match made in heaven, surely....
only to be sacked by January😆 Edited by Paul01

I think this weekend could see them coming crashing back to earth against Wellington, especially after a midweek FFA cup game. So far they haven't played outside Sydney. I agree they seem to have a good squad but knowing them they will find a way to miss the top 6 somehow.  They can't maintain this form for long. We may struggle against them this year, as they always seem to lift against us, but I am confident we will finish above them.

Biggest issue for the Smurfs over the season will be the age of their forwards and their speed, and any aforementioned injuries which occur.

Brosque is 33, Carney is 33 in November, Holosko also 33 in Jan, Bobo 32 in Jan and Ninkovic 32 on Christmas Day. Ibini is returning from a broken leg and the only other attacking player(s) is consistently inconsistent (Blackwood) or Matt Simon (31 in Jan).

• 2 weeks later...

Should be a yellow for any player who runs up and gets into the face of a player who just missed a pen. It's so cowardly, the pen misser has no comeback, it's the sort of thing that ends in a fight, if not at the time then later in the game.

Yeah it sets a bad precedent. Next they will be in the face of a striker who's just missed a sitter in general play.

Should be a yellow for any player who runs up and gets into the face of a player who just missed a pen. It's so cowardly, the pen misser has no comeback, it's the sort of thing that ends in a fight, if not at the time then later in the game.

Thats smurfs in a nutshell... 2 seasons ago Ryall dived to win a penalty, he celebrated by shoving Finkler in the face and it almost led to a fight.

They've been riding their luck for a while now. They deserved to beat us and the Mariners but had goals disallowed against Wellington for no reason, they probably should have been 2-0 down. Against the Jets they let a player get in behind and cut back to a player unmarked on the penalty spot who just had the keeper to beat but inexplicably put it wide. Against Victory they had Berisha miss a penalty and Rojas missed an unmarked sitter.

In all of those cases they had nothing to do with not conceding. They weren't pressuring the attacker, they weren't making great saves or diving blocks, in some cases the ball ended up in the back of the net. Maybe they'll take the warning and tighten things up but as it stands it isn't sustainable and they'll eventually start copping goals.

They've been riding their luck for a while now. They deserved to beat us and the Mariners but had goals disallowed against Wellington for no reason, they probably should have been 2-0 down. Against the Jets they let a player get in behind and cut back to a player unmarked on the penalty spot who just had the keeper to beat but inexplicably put it wide. Against Victory they had Berisha miss a penalty and Rojas missed an unmarked sitter.

In all of those cases they had nothing to do with not conceding. They weren't pressuring the attacker, they weren't making great saves or diving blocks, in some cases the ball ended up in the back of the net. Maybe they'll take the warning and tighten things up but as it stands it isn't sustainable and they'll eventually start copping goals.

Yep, now known as KotCFC - Kissed on the Cock FC

To the FC dick that keyed 3 panels of my RBB stickered car whilst parked behind the SFS watching ewes v MV. Your club is shite your coach is shite and your tifo sucked. And - my car is cheap and I don't care but yours is expensive and you will when the favour is returned.

To the FC dick that keyed 3 panels of my RBB stickered car whilst parked behind the SFS watching ewes v MV. Your club is shite your coach is shite and your tifo sucked. And - my car is cheap and I don't care but yours is expensive and you will when the favour is returned.

That's ****, though damaging their vespa probably won't do anything. You're probably better to get revenge on their tea cup poodle. 

Sorry to hear. 

• mack unpinned this topic