mack

Sydney FC: Season 2016/17

The precedent was set a few weeks ago and fans who say "offensive" things on social media will be punished.

Bans for those smurfs? Show cause notice for ESFC? Won't hold my breath...

The precedent was set a few weeks ago and fans who say "offensive" things on social media will be punished.

Bans for those smurfs? Show cause notice for ESFC? Won't hold my breath...

You didn't read the fine print. "This only applies to homophobic and anti semetic offensive language".

Just look at them lol. They're all young skinny pretty boys who were probably all watching Green Street Hooligans the day before.

FFA will do nothing. A Cock banner is 20x worse than physical violence on the streets!

WSW came in and revived the HAL, some would even go as far as saved it, dont know about that, but heard it said. .

When the media and FFA are done with nullifying the RBB / club in general what do they think will be left....i can see derby attendances falling away....

Media and FFA have short memories of how it was just before WSW, but then i wouldnt know what it was like before WSW as i had no knowledge of the HAL. I am one of the people ESFC and the media prefer not to acknowledge as existing, the new HAL fan WSW brought in. Well all this bullshit is turning me away, maybe then the media, FFA and ESFC will be happy.

Lets be honest, the league would be a bore fest without WSW.... even with all the controversy and anti social behavior.

We are the most hated and talked about team in the league. A necessary evil for the survival of the game.

Honestly, what else would people talk about? Lmao. 

Edited by xxBrandonxx

WSW came in and revived the HAL, some would even go as far as saved it, dont know about that, but heard it said. .

When the media and FFA are done with nullifying the RBB / club in general what do they think will be left....i can see derby attendances falling away....

Media and FFA have short memories of how it was just before WSW, but then i wouldnt know what it was like before WSW as i had no knowledge of the HAL. I am one of the people ESFC and the media prefer not to acknowledge as existing, the new HAL fan WSW brought in. Well all this bullshit is turning me away, maybe then the media, FFA and ESFC will be happy.

That was me too.

When the Smurfs had all of Sydney, they sent 2 players to my humble and small grassroots club where my son was playing.

These 2 players were not allowed to kick a ball with the kids and so was foevered turned off the football club I now call the Smurfs.

All they were allowed to do was sit in the clubhouse and sign autographs. As it happened, one of those players is now a Wanderer, Vedran Janjetovic.

I remember the emails in helping to set our club up picking the team name, club colours.

I will never support a team that smugly believe it is the biggest club in Australia when they are fourth in memberships, have idiot fans and mostly, because the Lowys still have part ownership of them.

Smurf FC can go and sit on a rusty nail and rotate.

By the way, average attendance before the Wanderers was under 9,000 and jumped to over 12,000 after.

They need us and their sane fans know it

As for the tards and the cock banners

Personally I didn't like either of them.

I always hated the tards banner (even before wsw existed) and I didn't like the cock banner or the social media reaction.

People will have their own opinions, and I get that I'm a bit of PC inner west wanker. Hey but at least I'm consistent! I dont get how some coveites seem to think one is ok and the other isn't.

The media reaction is of course over the top, and the FFA has as usual handled it really badly. The hypocrisy of the mainstream media is to be expected, and while there is an element of it being pro sydney fc (smh and fox sports) generally the media is on the lookout for a stick to beat sokkah with

What a shite tifo lmfaoooo

An embrassment, Cove are nearly on the same level as the Melburnians when it comes to tifos. An embarassment.

GktWxjm.jpg

That was me too.

When the Smurfs had all of Sydney, they sent 2 players to my humble and small grassroots club where my son was playing.

These 2 players were not allowed to kick a ball with the kids and so was foevered turned off the football club I now call the Smurfs.

All they were allowed to do was sit in the clubhouse and sign autographs. As it happened, one of those players is now a Wanderer, Vedran Janjetovic.

I remember the emails in helping to set our club up picking the team name, club colours.

I will never support a team that smugly believe it is the biggest club in Australia when they are fourth in memberships, have idiot fans and mostly, because the Lowys still have part ownership of them.

By the way, average attendance before the Wanderers was under 9,000 and jumped to over 12,000 after.

My cousin's son was 5 when the Wanderers started. It was his first season playing at grassroots level and the club had a gala day where some WSW players came along. Instead of just doing autographs the players spent most of the day playing small sided games with the kids.

My cousin's boy's all time favourite WSW player is Haliti because he got to play on the same team as him. And Labi didn't phone it in either, he was pulling kids aside and giving them pointers the whole time.

An embrassment, Cove are nearly on the same level as the Melburnians when it comes to tifos. An embarassment.

GktWxjm.jpg

You Shall Not Pass

We should do one with Hammil on it.

"He can't Pass"

Or one for Jumpei

"You should Shoot not Pass"

That was me too.

My cousin's son was 5 when the Wanderers started. It was his first season playing at grassroots level and the club had a gala day where some WSW players came along. Instead of just doing autographs the players spent most of the day playing small sided games with the kids.

My cousin's boy's all time favourite WSW player is Haliti because he got to play on the same team as him. And Labi didn't phone it in either, he was pulling kids aside and giving them pointers the whole time.

+1

I'll admit I was a eurosnob who thought the scum was just low rent wannabes with that bling BS in a mickey mouse league, but our first season really struck a chord....I'd never been a member of any club in any sport before

...the scum are still just low rent wannabes with that bling BS

GktWxjm.jpg

It's funny how the quality of their tifos dropped off right around the time they got busted for hiring graphic designers to help them.

GktWxjm.jpg

I thought the pull over tifos were banned?

http://outside90.com/adelaides-red-army-denied-use-of-tifo-by-football-federation-australia/

The cove are probably allowed because they're always so well behaved.

pull over tifo lollll

and they get upset when we say they are the ffa's bitch, WOW

wait hang on 13K wtf??

the cove fb last week

This Friday night you will forget about all the Sydney Derbies you've ever been to. You will remember who our one true rivals are and know that they're coming to Sydney from a small village in Victoria for a game just as equally as important to them as it is to us.

hahahahahahah  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: 

how ******* embarrassing 

pull over tifo lollll

and they get upset when we say they are the ffa's bitch, WOW

wait hang on 13K wtf??

the cove fb last week

This Friday night you will forget about all the Sydney Derbies you've ever been to. You will remember who our one true rivals are and know that they're coming to Sydney from a small village in Victoria for a game just as equally as important to them as it is to us.

hahahahahahah  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: 

how ******* embarrassing 

The Cove FB page is as bad if not worse than ours !!

GktWxjm.jpg

I thought the pull over tifos were banned?

http://outside90.com/adelaides-red-army-denied-use-of-tifo-by-football-federation-australia/

there was no issue with this pullover, all the trouble makers were busy with a brawl down by the station

So with Vukovic off with the socceroos, which games will Redmayne be playing in?
Can't wait to see them get thumped 5-0 lol

So with Vukovic off with the socceroos, which games will Redmayne be playing in?

I put it in the National Team thread.

But here you go

Perth Glory (away)

Vi$ion City (home)

But here you go

Perth Glory (away)

Vi$ion City (home)

They will drop points hopefully home and away.

But here you go

Perth Glory (away)

Vi$ion City (home)

They will drop points hopefully home and away.
R24 Rhys Williams looks likely to be in the 23 man Socceroo squad as backup CB

R25 Brandan has done his ACL so is out for the season. Cahill also likely to be in the 23 man squad for impact.

No win in either game means we miss the World Cup.

"Since the start of the A-League in 2005, four main factors have had a noticeably positive effect on Sydney’s crowds: the initial novelty factor; the arrival of Western Sydney; Alessandro del Piero; and success on the field. The last has been by far the least significant, as this season has emphasised."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/13/sydney-fcs-underwhelming-crowds-should-be-cause-for-alarm

"Since the start of the A-League in 2005, four main factors have had a noticeably positive effect on Sydney’s crowds: the initial novelty factor; the arrival of Western Sydney; Alessandro del Piero; and success on the field. The last has been by far the least significant, as this season has emphasised."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/13/sydney-fcs-underwhelming-crowds-should-be-cause-for-alarm

My favourite bit

"The demographics of a two-club city are still working themselves out. While the arrival of Wanderers has produced dramatic derby crowds, it has also increased competition for support – only when the two clubs are in comparable stadiums and have comparable seasons (so far one has always been up while the other is down) will we get an accurate idea of which is now the bigger club, but my money would definitely be on Wanderers"

It's a good article, my dislike of smurfs aside I don't get why their crowds are so low this year when they are playing decent footy and winning nearly every week.

I'm 100% convinced if we were having the season they are having our average would out of sight of theirs

Which adds to my frustration on what a massive misssed opportunity this season is

"Since the start of the A-League in 2005, four main factors have had a noticeably positive effect on Sydney’s crowds: the initial novelty factor; the arrival of Western Sydney; Alessandro del Piero; and success on the field. The last has been by far the least significant, as this season has emphasised."https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/13/sydney-fcs-underwhelming-crowds-should-be-cause-for-alarm

My favourite bit"The demographics of a two-club city are still working themselves out. While the arrival of Wanderers has produced dramatic derby crowds, it has also increased competition for support – only when the two clubs are in comparable stadiums and have comparable seasons (so far one has always been up while the other is down) will we get an accurate idea of which is now the bigger club, but my money would definitely be on Wanderers"It's a good article, my dislike of smurfs aside I don't get why their crowds are so low this year when they are playing decent footy and winning nearly every week.I'm 100% convinced if we were having the season they are having our average would out of sight of theirsWhich adds to my frustration on what a massive misssed opportunity this season is
According to The World Game podcast today, the smurfs are missing their true mojo which is Bling.

'Twas a good pod discussing expansion, smurf (lack of ) crowds and pitches (especially the Eastern Suburbs paddock called Allianz Stadium).

"Since the start of the A-League in 2005, four main factors have had a noticeably positive effect on Sydney’s crowds: the initial novelty factor; the arrival of Western Sydney; Alessandro del Piero; and success on the field. The last has been by far the least significant, as this season has emphasised."https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/13/sydney-fcs-underwhelming-crowds-should-be-cause-for-alarm

My favourite bit"The demographics of a two-club city are still working themselves out. While the arrival of Wanderers has produced dramatic derby crowds, it has also increased competition for support – only when the two clubs are in comparable stadiums and have comparable seasons (so far one has always been up while the other is down) will we get an accurate idea of which is now the bigger club, but my money would definitely be on Wanderers"It's a good article, my dislike of smurfs aside I don't get why their crowds are so low this year when they are playing decent footy and winning nearly every week.I'm 100% convinced if we were having the season they are having our average would out of sight of theirsWhich adds to my frustration on what a massive misssed opportunity this season is
According to The World Game podcast today, the smurfs are missing their true mojo which is Bling.

'Twas a good pod discussing expansion, smurf (lack of ) crowds and pitches (especially the Eastern Suburbs paddock called Allianz Stadium).

The irony of that is that they have tried to be "the team for all of Sydney" since our inception. Mainly due to us simply existing and trying to drive us out of competition. Yet it is blatantly obvious that their mojo is about 'bling'. The whole Yorke/Del Piero show is what people most remember about them, and have brought in the crowds. Arnie's dour football won't put bums on seats.

It just goes to show you that you can't be all things to all people, which we have tried to tell them along. But I guess they don't take to being silvertails' as they know it loses them a large slice of a potential audience. But really they should be true to who they are. They will probably gain more in bringing back the bling, than otherwise.