Sydney FC: Season 2016/17

From a consistency standpoint they should get the plate to display for their fans at their home games against City or Jets

If any other club won the plate before Round 27, I would hope for the same thing rather than a rushed presentation during the week or before a finals match

Well at least the moment they won this it wasnt in front of their own fans and they are currently over in Perth, so that worked out well....

Yeah but there will be a couple of thousand at the airport to greet their arrival tomorrow.......

Meh...

Credit to em, been a level above from the get go. Shame still nobody turns up to watch probably one of the best teams in league history, albeit extremely boring for some reason. 

The league this season has been pretty bland with only one team really being in it. 

Hope they choke in the finals. 

Edited by xxBrandonxx

A few things:

- Mack, sorry mate but man you need to tone down the saltiness. The WSF twitter account salt levels explode when Easts play :lol: In saying that, key referee blunders aside if it wasn't for each other team under performing then it would mean something but that is semantics now

- They have been the best side this year but brandonx, the best ever? So many underperforming teams, Victory huffed and puffed but were never good enough, city showed there creditenials last Friday, Brisbane is defensively solid but not good enough in attack and finally you have us (don't think anything more needs to be said :lol:). They have been the best by default but does that make them the best ever?

Well done Easts, apart from Bobo I'd say recruitment was 100%, great way Arnold has managed the salary cap, got the best out his team & managed to instill a win at all costs mentality. Moved away from the bling fc towards a more pragmatic way of playing football. Defense first, lightening quick counter attack, effective football and always playing on the edge (how they got away with so many fouls without cards, I'll never know!). Well done and fully deserved!

If they repeat performances against city, victory and ourselves, then I can't see anyone beating them out for the post season cup. Next year will be interesting to see how they balance the salary cap and try to keep as many of the team from this season.

A few things:

- Mack, sorry mate but man you need to tone down the saltiness. The WSF twitter account salt levels explode when Easts play :lol: In saying that, key referee blunders aside if it wasn't for each other team under performing then it would mean something but that is semantics now

- They have been the best side this year but brandonx, the best ever? So many underperforming teams, Victory huffed and puffed but were never good enough, city showed there creditenials last Friday, Brisbane is defensively solid but not good enough in attack and finally you have us (don't think anything more needs to be said :lol:). They have been the best by default but does that make them the best ever?

Well done Easts, apart from Bobo I'd say recruitment was 100%, great way Arnold has managed the salary cap, got the best out his team & managed to instill a win at all costs mentality. Moved away from the bling fc towards a more pragmatic way of playing football. Defense first, lightening quick counter attack, effective football and always playing on the edge (how they got away with so many fouls without cards, I'll never know!). Well done and fully deserved!

If they repeat performances against city, victory and ourselves, then I can't see anyone beating them out for the post season cup. Next year will be interesting to see how they balance the salary cap and try to keep as many of the team from this season.

They are going to do the double, lets face it.

They have been streets ahead of everyone else and only once in the history of the HAL has an away team won a GF (not counting CCM against us as that was basically a neutral venue), if ESFC make the final they are at home and will win, we are the only chance to stop them really.

Next season will be interesting as you say, they seem to have players that come out and say they will take a pay cut in order to stay with ESFC lol That never happens for us.

Edited by WSWBoro

A few things:

Please keep being salty mack, it makes me laugh and you want me to be happy right :) 

A few things:

They have been streets ahead of everyone else and only once in the history of the HAL has an away team won a GF (not counting CCM against us as that was basically a neutral venue), if ESFC make the final they are at home and will win, we are the only chance to stop them really.

Next season will be interesting as you say, they seem to have players that come out and say they will take a pay cut in order to stay with ESFC lol That never happens for us.

IF we make the GF they won't be at home, in the same way we didn't get to play at home against the coasties, it will be at ANZ.

A few things:

IF we make the GF they won't be at home, in the same way we didn't get to play at home against the coasties, it will be at ANZ.

If you progress in the finals I would say we'd be meeting in the semi finals. 

A few things:

Remember what Arnie said though. ANZ is really "their" stadium. We are just borrowing it. Doesn't matter that more of our supporters show up when we play them there.

A few things:

If you progress in the finals I would say we'd be meeting in the semi finals.

True

same holds for the semi, it will be at ANZ if we make it

That said the other thread says there are three games scheduled for ANZ week of semi

So Allianz it is

Isn't Bobo in double figures? Hardly call it a failed signing, certainly not compared to the garbage we have signed over the past couple.

But is he that good? Yes he is scoring goals but is that down to the way the team are playing? The team work so hard and give him fantastic service.

To me he doesn't seem like the player to take the game by the scruff of the neck and really change the game all by himself. Real value in Holosko, Ninko and the Dutch guy. Scores goals yes, especially when you consider we signed non goal scoring strikers in the past. In saying that, he is a good signing for a visa spot but should he be on marquee wages? Could they get better value for a marquee?

Bobo has 12 goals and 4 assists, that to me is a successful return for a A-league striker. Maybe not the star of the team, but it's a solid return in 24 games.

You cannot win the league if your main striker is a flop. Agreed not the best in that team but still chipped in.

Bobo has 12 goals and 4 assists, that to me is a successful return for a A-league striker. Maybe not the star of the team, but it's a solid return in 24 games.

So should Santa be our 2nd Marquee - 14 goals and less starts.  Highest goals per minutes in the A League....

I don't think that Holosko or Bobo are Marquee value compared to Ninkovic - Brosque, Vukovic and Wilkinson more significant to the team than them IMHO.

I was never saying he should be marquee. I said he had a decent return for a striker in the A-league.

Strikers usually cost the most money in a squad, and in order to attract overseas talent you often have to splash the cash. With a salary cap, that often means you have to go over the allocated budget. Some work, some don't. We seem to get more of the ones that don't.

A few things:

- Mack, sorry mate but man you need to tone down the saltiness. The WSF twitter account salt levels explode when Easts play :lol: In saying that, key referee blunders aside if it wasn't for each other team under performing then it would mean something but that is semantics now Mack don't be salty even though there is clear reason for you to be salty

Well done Easts, apart from Bobo I'd say recruitment was 100%, great way Arnold has managed the salary cap, got the best out his team & managed to instill a win at all costs mentality. Moved away from the bling fc towards a more pragmatic way of playing football. Defense first, lightening quick counter attack, effective football and always playing on the edge (how they got away with so many fouls without cards, I'll never know!). Well done and fully deserved! Recruitment was perfect except for the exception

If they repeat performances against city, victory and ourselves, then I can't see anyone beating them out for the post season cup. Next year will be interesting to see how they balance the salary cap and try to keep as many of the team from this season. If they win a draw like they did last time they played these teams they won't lose - except, you know, if they repeat their last performance against us they will lose

Edited by theguyyouwishyouwere
  • mack unpinned this topic