Robert Cornthwaite

mack

Captain Cornflakes showing the requisite passion

C4_xJgfUMAAZI8L.jpg

Vuckovic ran from his goal line all the way to the referee near the half way line after the referee blew the full time whistle. Do you remember what happened the last time he did that after a certain grand final? Cornflakes had every right to give him a spray.

I watched the replay last night he absolutely got into Bobo this bunch of players finally all seemed to unite for hatred against esfc

It was a thing of beauty

Didn't notice the Bobo bit, but he certainly whacked into Holosko nicely.

Baccus, Santa, Sotirio. They all leaned into them. That's what's been missing in the last two years, the capacity to physically engage with Arnie's Smurfs and keeping the intensity up for 90 minutes plus.

• 1 month later...

Cornflakes is delivering the spine at the back we've needed since the best days of Topor and Meggsy. May not be as nimble nor as sure footed as Spira but in a back four that has been pretty average for almost all this season as he has improved and exerted more influence the quality of our defence has followed accordingly.

Cornflakes is delivering the spine at the back we've needed since the best days of Topor and Meggsy. May not be as nimble nor as sure footed as Spira but in a back four that has been pretty average for almost all this season as he has improved and exerted more influence the quality of our defence has followed accordingly.

ummm

Matt+Spiranovic+Australia+v+Ecuador+hvm7

Spira was not the same kind of player in terms of directing and dare I say adding muscle at the back that Meggsy, Topor and not Corny are. His ability to play a controlled possession based attacking style alongside his position as being a subordinate defender in how NTS led that group of back has him as a different player with a different role. To be fair to Spira this was a bit different when he was playing in the Socceroos, leading the likes of Sainsbury etc.

Corny is a big old bastard who is exerting a bit of authority at the back and fulfilling a the same role that Meggsy did in S1 and NTS in S2/3/4

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Taurus said:

Support this cause if you can

From 1st June - 31st August I will be growing my beard. Find out why here. This is my story: http://www.beardsofhope.com.au/beard-stories/robertcornthwaite  #beardsofhope

Reading that made me sad and I feel for him. 

I will support the cause

• 1 month later...

The Fox Football podcast did a special episode with Robbie, talking about losing his daughter and the work he's doing with the charity. It's a tough listen but gives some good insight into the character of the big unit. He also talks about how his new perspective helped him come back from the Popa treatment at the beginning of last season.

I'll be interested to see if he gets the captains armband this season.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2017 at 8:03 PM, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

oh yeah mr captain

C4_xJgfUMAAZI8L.jpg

Met Robbie last Thursday at the JD Opening...had a chat with him about his charity work and his personal story (which I could relate to), my still-to-be-received 'Golden Cornthwaite', and offered him some South Australian goodies he probably misses (which Popa wouldn't allow anyways lol).

Getting close to being the Wanderer Man Love Object to replace my geliebte Jerome Polenz...Captain Corny you deadset legend!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
5 hours ago, mack said:

I was on the fox sports fantasy site today checking my team, and according to their stats/figures/points values for the game, Cornthwaite is one of the worst defenders in the competition this year.

What do they use to measure defenders? Until fantasy teams can measure leadership, organisation, positioning to stop passes being made, etc, then they really don’t mean ****. 

He also probably lost tonnes of points for the red.