mack

Jack Clisby

His defending has significantly improved for me as well.  He was going incredibly narrow to the centre backs early on in the season seems more confident in going out to meet the winger that much more now.  Bossed his side especially in the second half.  I think someone said better than Jamo.  I love Jamo as does wifey with a crush I think as he's a mongrel with a grin.  But he was consistently caught whereas I see Clisby gets back better and will hit just as hard if needs be and doesn't bother smiling to wind up the opposition.

I think everyone thought we'd done pretty well getting Melling as a squadie and Clisby was just a throw in to the deal.  Currently the other way around.  I'm sure Melling will see more game time in ACL rotations.  

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

Jack the Ranga has been probably the find of the season for us, in terms of coming into the roster with expectations as high as a marsupial mole's arse, and so far looking the goods more often than not. His work against the Meow was beyond tradesman-like, and as far as our history of LBs go he is already sniffing around the same level as Jamo and D'Ap. 

When it comes to rescuing ex-City/Heartless players from obscurity Popa has done a better job with JC than our other similar signings (Golgol, Redders, Melling)

Clisby is the new Jamo but overall I think he is better, despite me having a man crush on Jamo.

Clisby is far better defensively, he has great positioning, makes solid tackles and doesn't get caught ball watching. He also has the ability to whip a cross in, yes not all are great but this is two weeks in a row he's put a cross in that resulted in a goal.

The only thing Jamo had over Clisby was better ball control and the ability to bomb up and down field all day and at a pace.

Let's settle down a bit, eh? He's not the Messiah...

Agree...he's improved since leaving Melchester and is coming along nicely so that we can consider him both a first team player and one of our better LBs over the last 4 & a bit seasons. However he needs to keep improving, do more both offensively and defensively, and generally make the oppo wary of him in any situation.

Agree...he's improved since leaving Melchester and is coming along nicely so that we can consider him both a first team player and one of our better LBs over the last 4 & a bit seasons. However he needs to keep improving, do more both offensively and defensively, and generally

make the oppo wary of him in any situation.

loved the quick pass to Jumpei after taking Nico's ball for the tap in.

Very good in defense and he is your typical Aussie player that overalaps his winger down the left in a straight line and gets a cross in, and the crosses are generally good. Jamo had a bit more variety and control in attack, but Clisby is better in defense and far improved from the player he was at City.

Only danger is because he bombs down that left side he does leave his side open especially when we have cheap turnovers. But can't complain about the positivity and willingness to get up and help the attack

consistently our best player this season

consistently worst player at Melb City!

lol i admit i dont remember melbourne city much i dont pay that much attention but maybe, they had some terrible players

He's not the Messiah...

He's a very naughty boy....

tumblr_m2pb7xBx1e1qib9oao4_250.gif

And i should know, ive followed a few.....

Am I imagining it or is his crossing and decision making better than Jamo?

The only thing he hasn't done that Jamo did was doing a number on McKay.

Anyone interested, Jack Clisby on the Daily Football Show podcast

I LOVE YOU

Scored fewer goals than Lachlan Scott, including FFA Cup, 2016.

But Clisby has more assists 

you only brag about those when you don't score goals.

new goalkeeper?

I LOVE YOU

Scored fewer goals than Lachlan Scott, including FFA Cup, 2016.

so far, i think he can score plenty of own goals if he feels like it :P