R15 - Smurfs - Sat Jan 14

mack

1,500 tickets left this morning. It'll sell out easy as I've always said. Pessimism not warranted.

Issue is there are many left in WSW active and bronze. These may not sell out as surely everyone who wants to be in WSW active will have purchased by now. Usually our end is one of the first to sell-out now it's the last, I can't see many interested neutrals choosing a ticket in WSW active?

In, Bay 4

Pax 27317

COYW

It's as if you read my mind. This seems to indicate there are around 5-7k SCGTrust membership seats. Would that be correct?

surely it's not 7k..  I've never known us get more than 41k for the derby and they say the official capacity is 45k. Maybe trust would be around 4-5K  ?  Most of them will be at the Big Flash through right?

If everyone with a smurf membership and with a bought ticket turns up we have 39k now. (of course that never happens)

Before I fork out another like $50 is there a way I can get a cheaper ticket

Wanderers active/bronze are $40

Before merchant fees :(

Braad in the selling tickets thread has some some Bay 38 going for $40 (Below cost)

Edited by beatsurrender

Are away bays more expensive than home bays though?

I've seen home fans talking about tickets being $28, definitely gouging

If this is true, and wsw fans are being gouged, i think it calls for an away derby boycott. I wouldn't really care now that we have the ANZ derby that boasts a bigger crowd. Only thing is our players would suffer but maybe in a cauldron like atmosphere they might show a bit more fight compared to R1 anyway.

15k x $50 = $750k out of Pignata's back pocket.

If this is true, and wsw fans are being gouged, i think it calls for an away derby boycott. I wouldn't really care now that we have the ANZ derby that boasts a bigger crowd. Only thing is our players would suffer but maybe in a cauldron like atmosphere they might show a bit more fight compared to R1 anyway.

There is a snowflakes chance in hell that ever happens.

There is a snowflakes chance in hell that ever happens.

Don't really care what you think Paxman.

If word got out that away bays were being charged significantly more than home bays, I assure you myself and many other wanderers fans won't bother attending the Allianz derby.

Just the fact tickets are going from $37 to $56 for the same seats is grubby enough but to gouge only one set of supporters is plain scum.

Its their home game, they can fill their own ******* stadium.

It is gouging.

SFC don't charge the Mariners $40.80 + $6.50 "handling" (what handling? they process a visa card and send an automated SMS with my ticket) like they do WSW. They "only" charge Mariners fans $32.65 + $6.50.

For smaller grounds, where a team is constantly selling out, then sure gouge the away fans and make them pay more. More away fans means less tickets for home supporters who want to attend.

For a big ground like Allianz, equivalent home and away bay ticket prices should be the same. If they could sell out their ******* stadium they wouldn't need to allocate so many away bays.

Edited by Hiriser

A few peeps on here have mentioned the very probably capacity issue with parking. Me and my family went ahead and booked secure parking right near central, we'll then bus it to Alliance. It might be a good choice for those where training it in doesn't work for them

Pre booked cost us $12.50, but I would get in early

If parking near Central isn't available, try near Townhall or Goulburn street

Will there be a march from central? Earlier somebody said there wouldn't and if that's the case then it's a huge shame. Less flogs = better atmosphere.

I'm a ******* stooge and I might buy 4 active tickets tonight after work... I've already got 4 in a separate bay but I can't stomach not going active for this. Ticketek is a joke, you are actually unable to contact them;I want to call them to ask if possible to swap seats but their phone line just doesn't work lol. Chunts.

Will there be a march from central? Earlier somebody said there wouldn't and if that's the case then it's a huge shame. Less flogs = better atmosphere.

I'm a ******* stooge and I might buy 4 active tickets tonight after work... I've already got 4 in a separate bay but I can't stomach not going active for this. Ticketek is a joke, you are actually unable to contact them;I want to call them to ask if possible to swap seats but their phone line just doesn't work lol. Chunts.

Why do you need to? Just rock up and active it up.

Why do you need to? Just rock up and active it up.

Could always pull a westie and sneak in but I'm in a group of four instead of solo like usual so the challenge may be difficult

So lets see if we have this straight

PIGnata jacks up the prices as a  big **** you to us, then when they don't sell trolls us on twitter. Great business acumen.

Our response needs to be three fold.

1. Outsing the blue flogs (Likely even with dwindled numbers)

2. Snap their unbeaten streak (less likely but who knows)

3. Jack the prices up on their bays for the third derby and beyond. Make the trust find babies have to dip into their inheritence.

its a league wide thing - other teams see us coming. ccm were charging $36 or whatever it was for away active and then the next week when adelaide or whoever visit - same seat $22.

i loved pignata's explanation on that 442 article. 'well you pay more for overseas sporting events'. very 'let them eat cake' of him. prawn sandwich eating wanker.