Nicolas Martinez

mack

• 5 weeks later...

Nico's performances have dropped off dramatically and its hard to understand why... Tired, knows he will be leaving or the Greeks are watching him and he doesn't want to impess themðŸ˜

No matter what the the player is amazing and even when at 50% he is still the best we have on the field. I really hope he stays.

Nico's performances have dropped off dramatically and its hard to understand why... Tired, knows he will be leaving or the Greeks are watching him and he doesn't want to impess them

No matter what the the player is amazing and even when at 50% he is still the best we have on the field. I really hope he stays.

And yet we've been winning when he is off his game - go figure

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/martinez-i-have-more-to-give-458341

Sounds like he might be happy to stay next year if we can work it out with Olympiacos

Quote from Nico about our derby win...... “I’m grateful because we got the victory due to the support of the fans. They helped and gave us a lot of power and they pushed us to the limit and we put our life on the line in that game.â€

The highlight of the year so far for me. Was great to be in the stands and that quote makes me feel like we were in some ways contributing to the win. I hope we find a way to keep him.

Edited by sonar100
  • 2 months later...
15 hours ago, mack said:

Olympiacos won't send him out for free or probably even half. "You got him cheap last year, if you want to keep him pay up."

Depends if they want to fork out another $1m a year paying a player who will get no game-time for them

They'll loan him out if they can find someone

I'm sure they could find a lower league club in Europe to send him to and they will use that as leverage against WSW, as we're the club who actually apparently want him. These other random clubs can be found in the last few weeks of the transfer window (which often goes into the league seasons, in case a club loses an attacking midfielder to injury or being sold).

His wages are already on the books, it's irrelevant if they have to pay them or not. The question is now what can they get for him.

4 hours ago, mack said:

I'm sure they could find a lower league club in Europe to send him to and they will use that as leverage against WSW, as we're the club who actually apparently want him. These other random clubs can be found in the last few weeks of the transfer window (which often goes into the league seasons, in case a club loses an attacking midfielder to injury or being sold).

His wages are already on the books, it's irrelevant if they have to pay them or not. The question is now what can they get for him.

It's not irrelevant if they have to pay him at all. If they want the costs off their ledger and he wants out, they can shake hands and walk away. Offering Nico his full wage will be enough to lure him.

Nico has the option to refuse a transfer as well. His willingness to do that will be entirely based on how much he wants to come back vs go else where

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.redplanet.gr/podosfairo/den-prochorise-tou-martines-stin-philadelphia-union/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=osfp

Translated:
Nico Martins traveled to the US, passed medical tests on behalf of the Philadelphia Union but returned to Greece as the MLS team defaulted on the original terms of the deal.

Sport24.gr informed you on August 2 that 30-year-old Argentine midfielder, Nico Martins, was a breath of his move to the MLS team, Philadelphia Union, in the form of borrowing from the Reds. The South American traveled to the US late last week, passed medical tests on behalf of the Philadelphia Union, but his move to the MLS "wrecked" definitively. The Philadelphia Union administration changed the contract terms that had been agreed before Martinez "flies" from Greece to the US, so that they were not accepted by the footballer. The 30-year-old returned to Greece and was re-looking for the next station of his career. 

14 minutes ago, Wanderer74 said:

http://www.redplanet.gr/podosfairo/den-prochorise-tou-martines-stin-philadelphia-union/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=osfp

Translated:
Nico Martins traveled to the US, passed medical tests on behalf of the Philadelphia Union but returned to Greece as the MLS team defaulted on the original terms of the deal.

Sport24.gr informed you on August 2 that 30-year-old Argentine midfielder, Nico Martins, was a breath of his move to the MLS team, Philadelphia Union, in the form of borrowing from the Reds. The South American traveled to the US late last week, passed medical tests on behalf of the Philadelphia Union, but his move to the MLS "wrecked" definitively. The Philadelphia Union administration changed the contract terms that had been agreed before Martinez "flies" from Greece to the US, so that they were not accepted by the footballer. The 30-year-old returned to Greece and was re-looking for the next station of his career. 

I feel really sorry for the guy. Doesn't deserve it. The Greeks should just say "your're a free agent" Go wherever you want.

Edited by sonar

http://www.gazzetta.gr/football/article/1121548/nea-proseggisi-ton-wanderers-gia-martines

Google translation........

"The Wanderers wanted to hold the Argentine ace. Martini did not find them with the Union (in general it shows that no party involved finally agreed on the economic one) and the team from Australia found the opportunity to approach him again to succeed in his return to the country"

Edited by sonar
5 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Just STOP 

We can't sign Niko on a loan deal under the cap, as his full salary of 400k Euro's after tax, has to be declared

So.....

Is Nico coming then...?

This could be the new Pio style joke.... lol Every year at recruitment time we ask if Nico is signing lol

Edited by WSWBoro