Pre-game venue 2016/2017

GD07

** Pre-game venue 2016/2017 **

We are pleased to announce our new pre game venue for the upcoming season. 'The Lawn Bar' is the only exclusive venue for WSW fans at Sydney Olympic Park.

This is a purpose built area adjacent to Spotless Stadium with a capacity of 2500+ people. The venue will allow WSW fans of all ages to partake, enjoy and contribute to the pre game atmosphere for all home matches.

Facilities include:

- Numerous bars and points of service

- Various food outlets

- Direct entry into Spotless Stadium from the venue

- Fans of all ages permitted

- Marches departing to ANZ stadium directly from this location.

- RBB merchandise exclusively available from the venue at home games.

Details for Round 1 to be announced next week. Let's make Olympic Park our fortress.

COYW!

Why so close. I thought a venue in Lidcombe with a train trip in & march etc would keep us at arms length of the Olympic precinct whoch I would prefer. Does direct entry into Spotless from the venue mean security checks at the bar. This will be an interesting three years. In any case kudos to the small army that work relentlessly to make all this happen for us and all we do is bring our game faces and fire in belly.

Bruh I work in Lidcombe down the road from Olympic park.
Any walk from Lidcombe pubs and you'd collapse by Parra Road, it's way too long and with hills.

A train ride from Parra via the Collector isn't as doable with so many families and people that drive in (drive to Parra, park, train in, train out, drive home). Big pain in the arse I'd imagine.

A march will still take 10-15 mins with a slow pace and a few stops along the way.

Wasn't suggesting marching from Lidcombe to Spotless rather meeting there pre game then train march from station etc. Maybe I'm being sectarian but there's an air of 'inclusiveness' about all this that bugs me or maybe the baby just grew faster than I thought and I missed the formative years gig. Wonder how WST are grazing...

Wasn't suggesting marching from Lidcombe to Spotless rather meeting there pre game then train march from station etc. Maybe I'm being sectarian but there's an air of 'inclusiveness' about all this that bugs me or maybe the baby just grew faster than I thought and I missed the formative years gig. Wonder how WST are grazing...

yes inclusiveness of all wanderers fans? Why should there be some sort of seclusion or hint of sectarian?

It is a venue that is being very accommodating following meetings and dialogue in an area that will make it simple for as many people as possible. Whilst there was an option to pre drink in parramatta, the fact is it would not attract nearly as many people (due to multiple train rides, time etc etc).

This is best case scenario for the time being until we move back to Parra - it is still a bit of a walk to the actual entry gates of the active ends and should make great viewing and corteo along the walk ways around the Homebush precinct 

Well done Dukes and all the peeps that put this into place. A central location for the entire season is a good way to bring everyone together. I thought we might be staying at the Collector but the logistics is a pain in the a$$ and I'd probably not go anyway for the majority of the games. I was planning on parking at Lidcombe every week anyway and this makes the decision even easier.

Wonder if there will still be a designated train (s) from Parra on Derby Day out to Homebush or will it just be meet and congregate at SOP?

I wonder what we'd do on away derby day? There's still months before that so I wonder if we drink at Homebush or back to Collector and take the RBB Train to Central.

Well done Dukes and all the peeps that put this into place. A central location for the entire season is a good way to bring everyone together. I thought we might be staying at the Collector but the logistics is a pain in the a$$ and I'd probably not go anyway for the majority of the games. I was planning on parking at Lidcombe every week anyway and this makes the decision even easier.

Wonder if there will still be a designated train (s) from Parra on Derby Day out to Homebush or will it just be meet and congregate at SOP?

I wonder what we'd do on away derby day? There's still months before that so I wonder if we drink at Homebush or back to Collector and take the RBB Train to Central.

Maybe a day pass to the Collector for the away trip or a local joint in the city?

This is brilliant. It's going to feel like an away day every week!

** Pre-game venue 2016/2017 **

We are pleased to announce our new pre game venue for the upcoming season. 'The Lawn Bar' is the only exclusive venue for WSW fans at Sydney Olympic Park.

This is a purpose built area adjacent to Spotless Stadium with a capacity of 2500+ people. The venue will allow WSW fans of all ages to partake, enjoy and contribute to the pre game atmosphere for all home matches.

Facilities include:

- Numerous bars and points of service

- Various food outlets

- Direct entry into Spotless Stadium from the venue

- Fans of all ages permitted

- Marches departing to ANZ stadium directly from this location.

- RBB merchandise exclusively available from the venue at home games.

Details for Round 1 to be announced next week. Let's make Olympic Park our fortress.

COYW!

After Saturday I'm not sure we'll get big crowds at Lawn Bar before games.. Overpriced mid-strength isn't popular. I heard the Brewery was pretty much the same too, so no real alternative. I think we'll see people drink elsewhere and arrive just in time for the game, rather than spend the afternoon there.

You can't polish a turd. The RBB tried to accomodate people, but the feeling at Homebush that you've just walked on to a fake movie set - pretty at the front but no depth or soul - and ludicrous rules of mid-strength drinks are going to hamstring any pre-match fun.

Only solution is to drink elsewhere - like in a proper pub with an atmosphere - and/or go full westie and top-up your soft drink and drink that in the park/lawn bar.