Pre-game venue 2016/2017

GD07

it was round 1 - 1st time at a nee venue, did not know what to expect.

There will be teething issues of course and given the large crowd it was a bit of a nightmare.

With the regular games, line up's will be shorter and we are continuously working with the venue to secure better food and drink options

There will be teething issues of course and given the large crowd it was a bit of a nightmare.

With the regular games, line up's will be shorter and we are continuously working with the venue to secure better food and drink options

given its locations will we only have marches when playing at ANZ?

After Saturday I'm not sure we'll get big crowds at Lawn Bar before games.. Overpriced mid-strength isn't popular. I heard the Brewery was pretty much the same too, so no real alternative. I think we'll see people drink elsewhere and arrive just in time for the game, rather than spend the afternoon there.

So the Carlton Dry and Cider were not full strength? Was the Cider watered down?

After Saturday I'm not sure we'll get big crowds at Lawn Bar before games.. Overpriced mid-strength isn't popular. I heard the Brewery was pretty much the same too, so no real alternative. I think we'll see people drink elsewhere and arrive just in time for the game, rather than spend the afternoon there.

So the Carlton Dry and Cider were not full strength? Was the Cider watered down?

Didn't try the cider but I was told it was too. No full strength options.

The work the RBB does is very much appreciated, but they can only work within the rules that are in place.. even with a rocking atmosphere the mid-strength will still put people off.

Speaking of going 'full westie', when I was younger we use to add scotch to 2 litre bottles of coke for things like NYE etc.. tasted like **** but got you pissed! Might be an option moving forward..

#bringbackthemegamix

we have to be realistic - marches won't occur often given the close proximity of the venues, the consideration we have to take for other sports on the day, closure of roads etc etc.

We are making the best of whatever is on offer

Unfortunately both the lawn bar and brewery fall within the precinct (stupid **** liquor laws) so getting full strength drinks won't be happening

need more wanderdogs.

are they still made like this?

https://www.facebook.com/primo.smallgoods/photos/a.411610008872522.94649.137660402934152/675770992456421/?type=1&theater

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously the Collector is no longer associated with the Red and Black on game day. Went there for a pre game drink and they had some billshit DJ **** music on and wanted to charge me cash to get in....

Obviously the Collector is no longer associated with the Red and Black on game day. Went there for a pre game drink and they had some billshit DJ **** music on and wanted to charge me cash to get in....

Come to pub (Royal Oak) opposite Lidcombe Station. 

Full strength schooners for $5 & plenty of Red & Black drinking there from about 4pm. 

Trains every 10 mins to Homebush made it an easy option. 

Food options were very good & included Pizza, Snitzels, Burgers 

So no direct entry to Spotless from the Lawn Bar at all? Arrived at about 630 at the Lawn Bar, thought great, still time for a pre-grame beer. Buy beer, notice direct entry closed. Need to leave Lawn Bar and join massive queue for active end. Beer wasted. Good news it was only shitty mid-strength..

Full strength schooners for $5 & plenty of Red & Black drinking there from about 4pm.

There is so many good korean food around lidcombe. You should give it ago mate.

Pre match details again for this weekend. Lawn bar open from 4pm

Drinks and Food available and we've been told the line up into the stadium this time won't be as bad as last week

Hope to see as many of you there as possible 

Drinks and Food available and we've been told the line up into the stadium this time won't be as bad as last week

:golecapproves: 

I'll second this one. It was great can't complain when I get a beer for me and my old man and be given change from $10

Large pizza filled us both too.

Sorry I couldn't remember who posted this on which thread.

Also has football on TV

Edited by StringerBellend

Dukes,

Many people unhappy with the Lawn Bar, check the 2016/2017 Season Feedback for more info

http://www.westsydneyfootball.com/topic/6815-201617-season-feedback/page-2#entry577350

Was a bit confused yesterday as i'm 17, I went to go into the lawn bar just like I did on Derby Day a few weeks back and was expecting a wristband like last time, but yesterday was told I can enter at all? Missed the game against Newcastle last week so not sure if it was changed or just was lucky the other week. Wasn't too happy as had to wait an hour or so for the gates to open to get something to eat.

Was a bit confused yesterday as i'm 17, I went to go into the lawn bar just like I did on Derby Day a few weeks back and was expecting a wristband like last time, but yesterday was told I can enter at all? Missed the game against Newcastle last week so not sure if it was changed or just was lucky the other week. Wasn't too happy as had to wait an hour or so for the gates to open to get something to eat.

My son is 14 and he got in with a wrist band. Maybe because you were an unaccompanied minor? Just like a pub?

In saying that, ****ed if I know why they changed the rules, but yesterday, it was just like the Third Reich had walked in and taken over.

One of my least enjoyable experiences at any drinking establishment ever.

Fancy having to get your I.D. scanned so you can drink half strength beer at $7 a can...... ******* nanny state bullshit.

Sorry guys, I gave the lawn bar a shot. Even got there before 5 to give it a PROPER chance. 

I'm out.

You forgot to mention the riot police wandering around the 200 sq metre grass area inhabited by 30 people, and then the bar closing an hour before the game.

Cracking joint it is.

Lidcombe is the go, cheap beer, OK food, and football on the TV.

I think I have my new match day routine sorted.

The lawn bar can do one, photographed on entry $7 mid strength in a plastic cup.

sold. see you there in a couple of weeks.

Fancy having to get your I.D. scanned so you can drink half strength beer at $7 a can...... ******* nanny state bullshit.

Sorry guys, I gave the lawn bar a shot. Even got there before 5 to give it a PROPER chance. 

I'm out.

Come back, Jack  :drinks: