mack

Western Sydney Wanderers vs Sydney FC 8/10/2016 7:50PM

so anyway, did i see someone say rbb had been open to the public now?? are there any tickets still available or do i just get them to buy an ANZ membership

or if i use my membership id will it let me buy more??

members only, one match anz rbb membership$95

4 match anz rbb membership about $195

#anzout :arniesalt:

$95 for one game lollllll, so basically no one that isnt a member can go into the RBB...well i mean we are the FFA they are welcome if they are willing to pay a ridiculously inflated price :good: . Funny how they say that they restrict it to members only for safety and security blah blah but instantly there morals change when there is more money on the table.

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

Martinez won't be starting.

agree ...

is underdone

I miss Parramatta stadium. 

Walked passed it today... banners around the streets too, for the Wanderers. Made me a little sad actually.

Walked passed it today... banners around the streets too, for the Wanderers. Made me a little sad actually.

Is the new one built yet?

If it's anything like they build shitty houses these days that crack within five years in new suburbs it should be up by Christmas

Edited by Bob

I want this club to be the biggest in Sydney, and equal with MVFC in Australia. 

We already are, and the gap is closing on MVFC year by year

Over 9000

Nah it just seems like that because they're holding back all the tickets. Couldn't be more than 5,000. No worries, there'll be about 60,000 walk-ups I reckon.

Sadly, no.

BTW, last Pax was 39278

Sadly, no.

BTW, last Pax was 39278

2,500 in just over a day then. Pretty good going....I mean that's a decent Marinators crowd ;)

Edited by beatsurrender

I think I'm in the minority on here, I'm really not that bothered about the crowd. Long as we win, I couldn't care less.

Totally over this losing derby thing

This crowd obsession is madness - bored shitless with this POX crap.

We must have the only fans in the world who care more about the crowd than the result in a derby which is pathetic inferiority complex stuff especially with last 7derby  games without a win - coach would be up for the sack in some big clubs.Wake up to yourselves.

it could be worse we could start talking about serious stuff like, you know, wanderdogs

Sydney FC coach Graham Arnold has declared Saturday night’s Sydney Derby at ANZ Stadium will have a better atmosphere than anything rival codes can offer.

In a sensational start to Season 2016/17, the Sky Blues head to ANZ Stadium to take on Western Sydney Wanderers for what should be an electrifying Harbour City match up.
The clash between the two bitter rivals is set to break a Hyundai A-League attendance record, with 60,000 plus expected for the clash.

“The Sydney Swans played GWS Giants in a semi-final recently in the AFL and got 62,000. If we can beat that for Round 1 of the competition it should show the AFL we’re coming to get them,†Arnold told www.a-league.com.au.

“And I’ve been to a rugby league grand final before and I’ve obviously been to derbies before and the atmosphere of the derby certainly outdoes the grand final. I’m sure round one at ANZ Stadium will be the same.â€
If recent history is anything to go by then the Sky Blues will spoil the Wanderers’ party at their first game at the club’s temporary new home base at Homebush.
Sydney FC is unbeaten in the last seven clashes between the two clubs, while the Wanderers have never won in the opening round of a Hyundai A-League season.
And Arnold has raised questions over whether Tony Popovic’s side will be at full-throttle for the season-opener, after another off-season of personnel changes.
“Obviously we had a bad year last year but we didn’t lose to the Wanderers…in my view it’s not too bad a year,†Arnold said.
“The Wanderers are very good side and Tony Popovic does a great job.
“But the question will be if they start really well? They have 17 new players again, it takes time to gel players into a system and into the way you want to play.
“No doubt Tony’s been working hard on that but it’s not easy to gel all those players in at once.â€
Sydney has recruited strongly for the new season, adding plenty of experience and quality in the likes of Alex Wilkinson, Bobo, Bernie Ibini, Michael Zullo and Josh Brillante.
And with the exception of Ibini – who is not quite at full fitness after more than a year out with a leg injury – they will be at full strength for the season opener.

“We don’t want to lose to them, we want the bragging rights. We always seem to get up for the occasion and this will be no different," 

http://www.a-league.com.au/article/graham-arnold-sydney-derby-atmosphere-beats-all-other-codes/79249ucsqigz1604awqe0of6f

Edited by beatsurrender

Sydney FC coach Graham Arnold has declared Saturday night’s Sydney Derby at ANZ Stadium will have a better atmosphere than anything rival codes can offer.[/size]

In a sensational start to Season 2016/17, the Sky Blues head to ANZ Stadium to take on Western Sydney Wanderers for what should be an electrifying Harbour City match up.[/size]The clash between the two bitter rivals is set to break a Hyundai A-League attendance record, with 60,000 plus expected for the clash.[/size]“The Sydney Swans played GWS Giants in a semi-final recently in the AFL and got 62,000. If we can beat that for Round 1 of the competition it should show the AFL we’re coming to get them,†Arnold told www.a-league.com.au.[/size]“And I’ve been to a rugby league grand final before and I’ve obviously been to derbies before and the atmosphere of the derby certainly outdoes the grand final. I’m sure round one at ANZ Stadium will be the same.â€[/size]If recent history is anything to go by then the Sky Blues will spoil the Wanderers’ party at their first game at the club’s temporary new home base at Homebush.[/size]Sydney FC is unbeaten in the last seven clashes between the two clubs, while the Wanderers have never won in the opening round of a Hyundai A-League season.[/size]And Arnold has raised questions over whether Tony Popovic’s side will be at full-throttle for the season-opener, after another off-season of personnel changes.[/size]“Obviously we had a bad year last year but we didn’t lose to the Wanderers…in my view it’s not too bad a year,†Arnold said.[/size]“The Wanderers are very good side and Tony Popovic does a great job.[/size]“But the question will be if they start really well? They have 17 new players again, it takes time to gel players into a system and into the way you want to play.[/size]“No doubt Tony’s been working hard on that but it’s not easy to gel all those players in at once.â€[/size]Sydney has recruited strongly for the new season, adding plenty of experience and quality in the likes of Alex Wilkinson, Bobo, Bernie Ibini, Michael Zullo and Josh Brillante.[/size]And with the exception of Ibini – who is not quite at full fitness after more than a year out with a leg injury – they will be at full strength for the season opener.[/size]“We don’t want to lose to them, we want the bragging rights. We always seem to get up for the occasion and this will be no different," [/size]

http://www.a-league.com.au/article/graham-arnold-sydney-derby-atmosphere-beats-all-other-codes/79249ucsqigz1604awqe0of6f

Further proof if any more were needed that Arnie ranks beating WSW over any other honour going in ESFC's whole season.

The three derby games are their season.

PAX CONFIRMATION

So - 40k + 18k = 58k with Thurs/Fri/Sat walkup to come.

This is getting 65k easy.

“Obviously we had a bad year last year but we didn’t lose to the Wanderers…in my view it’s not too bad a year,†Arnold said.

Failed to make the finals with one of the most expensive squads in the league but it wasn't a bad year because they didn't lose to us. Good to see where their priorities are.

Failed to make the finals with one of the most expensive squads in the league but it wasn't a bad year because they didn't lose to us. Good to see where their priorities are.

What did anyone expect him to say? Of course he loves turning us over. He is stoking the fire, talking it up, selling tickets. I've got no issue with any of those things. It isn't Popa's cup of tea but a bit of trash talk keeps it bitter. Good on him.

What did anyone expect him to say? Of course he loves turning us over. He is stoking the fire, talking it up, selling tickets. I've got no issue with any of those things. It isn't Popa's cup of tea but a bit of trash talk keeps it bitter. Good on him.

The guy has a split personality. He is ok now because the season hasn't started and the pressure isn't on. Yeah it's all fun and laughs. He was the same last season. Watch if he loses a few games, then he will be blaming everyone else for his woes (players, TV commentators or even other coaches) or he will come up with some conspiracy theory about how everyone is out to get him.

I was interested to read that there was no mansion talk or how they are a bigger club.. He knows his place now :xnod:

Edited by WestSyd

Arnold is doing absolutely the right thing in encouraging all football fans to get out there, even though he is wrong in stating that GWS v Swans was 62,000 - it was 60,222. But by all means, let's sail past 62,000.

I stick by my assertion that we only have 15,000 to 16,000 ticketed (seat) Members until someone formally says otherwise.

Pax of 39,278 + 15,000 = 54,278 which is closing on the 55,436 all-time A-League (2007 GF) record. At the rate tickets are selling (2,200 in last 24hrs) we should effectively have a new record by early tomorrow (Thursday). The 59,708 NRL regular season record should be overtaken by midday Friday and the GWSvSwans not long after as late sales increase.

Of course we would need a Pax or three to confirm...

Edited by echidna

TRAINS

Getting to the Stadium:

• From Central: Direct services to Olympic Park every 10 minutes between 5:00pm and 9:30pm, stopping at Redfern and Strathfield.
  • From Blacktown: Services to Olympic Park every 7-8 minutes from 5:00pm until 9:30pm, stopping at Seven Hills, Westmead, Parramatta, Granville and Lidcombe.
  • Blue Mountains Line: Trains will make an additional stop at Lidcombe between 5:00pm and 8:00pm.
  • Alternatively, catch a train to Lidcombe Station and then head to the Sprint Platform for a direct service to Olympic Park running every 10 minutes.

Getting home from the Stadium:

• To Central: Direct services to Central every 7-8 minutes between 9:30pm and 12:30am, stopping at Strathfield and Redfern.
  • To Blacktown: Direct services to Blacktown every 5 minutes between 9:30pm and 12:30am, stopping at Lidcombe, Granville, Parramatta, Westmead and Seven Hills.
  • To Campbelltown: Additional services will leave Lidcombe at 10:37pm, 11:07pm and 11:37pm, stopping at Auburn, Granville, then all stations to Campbelltown.
  • To Bankstown: Additional services will leave Lidcombe at 10:49pm and 11:19pm, stopping all stations to Bankstown.
  • To City Circle: Additional services will leave Lidcombe at 10:37pm, 11:07pm and 11:37pm, stopping at Strathfield then all stations to the City.
  • Blue Mountains Line: Trains will make an additional stop at Lidcombe at 10:36pm and 11:36pm.

For further timetable information, click here.

For the most up-to-date information on trackwork and replacement services, please click here.

i might be headed to newtown post match, might be a pain

Sydney FC loaning ANZ to Wanderers: Arnold

By AAP

Last season, Graham Arnold mocked Western Sydney's Pirtek Stadium as a "little shed".

Now he's tried claim their new A-League home as his own, declaring ANZ Stadium actually belongs to the Sky Blues.

Unsurprisingly, Arnold threw the first barb ahead of Saturday's blockbuster Sydney derby.

The headline opening-round clash will be held at ANZ Stadium where, along with Spotless Stadium, the Wanderers will play home matches while Pirtek is knocked down and rebuilt.

A year ago, Arnold launched one of his famous verbal projectiles by welcoming his cross-town rivals to Sydney's "mansion", apparently aiding their escape from Parramatta's corrugated-iron dwelling.

Asked on Wednesday to describe ANZ Stadium - which boasts nearly double the capacity of Sydney's Allianz Stadium - he took a different tack.

"It's our stadium," Arnold said.

"We're loaning the Wanderers our stadium for the game.

"We've played Chelsea and Tottenham there; we played Newcastle there last year.

"So it's more our stadium than theirs because we've been on it more than them."

While the words will surely mean precious little to Wanderers coach Tony Popovic, recent history suggests Sydney might have the wood over last season's grand finalists.

When the teams kick off, it will have been 1001 days since Western Sydney won a Sydney derby, in January 2014.

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2016/10/05/15/41/sydney-fc-loaning-anz-to-wanderers-arnold

Edited by FCWanderers

Arnold is doing absolutely the right thing in encouraging all football fans to get out there, even though he is wrong in stating that GWS v Swans was 62,000 - it was 60,222. But by all means, let's sail past 62,000.

I stick by my assertion that we only have 15,000 to 16,000 ticketed (seat) Members until someone formally says otherwise.

Pax of 39,278 + 15,000 = 54,278 which is closing on the 55,436 all-time A-League (2007 GF) record. At the rate tickets are selling (2,200 in last 24hrs) we should effectively have a new record by early tomorrow (Thursday). The 59,708 NRL regular season record should be overtaken by midday Friday and the GWSvSwans not long after as late sales increase.

Of course we would need a Pax or three to confirm...

My bet is we have more than 15-16 season ticket holders, it will be close to all the members. As fetching as the hat is the only real reason took out supporter members was to be on waiting list for a seat, we would now have cleared that waiting list.

i might be headed to newtown post match, might be a pain

No will be easy, get the central train to Redfern then it's only two stops back along the inner west line.