2016/17 Season Feedback

i said this on the forum but having to wait over a ******* hour for a train is not good enough, i dont know if the wanderers can help that though its just sydney trains being **** but like it or not that is part of the match day experience

At Olympic Park or Lidcombe?

Fill out the survey.

But send in an email and make a phone call too. The survey is about queues for subway.

Taking the time to contact the club independently sends a stronger message than 150 words at the end of their data collection about how strongly you were happy with the food options.

100% but still fill out the survey. Who cares about match activations & subway lines but plenty of things raised in this survey that is relevant.

Match day experience for many? 0/10. Atmosphere in an oval stadium? 4/10 and those 4 points are only due to the RBB. Transport options? 0/10. A few other areas I gave them a serve & highlighted problems that others are having.

But there is a general comment section as well.

I completed the rd 3 survey without additional comments but not rd 4 - this time I expressed concerns based on comments on this forum.

Me too,

Very sad to hear the amount of issues our club members are having. Has it ever been this bad? I don't think so. Very very troubling.

--------------

Goat, I couldn't agree more with you. Look at my previous post

My feedback is in relation to the train timetables after matches;

1. Post match could you get possibly more than 1 all stations train on the western line from SOP. It was bad enough putting the match on 7pm on a Sunday night which would have affected turn out but that wasn't the worst part. The fact that you have to wait 30 minutes at Lidcombe on a Sunday night till 9:45. I was home just after 10pm but I live in Westmead but can imagine many others getting home between 11-12 further away. Having more than 1 western line train would be better.

2. If nothing can be done about adding extra services not just west but east too (yes we have some that live east of parramatta) but could it be put on a bit later? I always enjoy staying behind watching/applauding the players as they go past the East stand before going to the RBB. Having the train that early just encourages people to leave early to make sure they aren't getting home very late on a school night. Yes I know it was a school night & many rushed home to get to bed for school/work the next day but it is a really nice tradition that has continued S1-S4, really hope it stays around at SOP

When I signed up to a Red membership I didn't expect my view to be restricted...

Not happy, luckily there's heaps of seats further up for me otherwise what's the point.. 

REDstricted view amirite?

When I signed up to a Red membership I didn't expect my view to be restricted...

https://twitter.com/danieljcarrr/status/792282010605658113

Not happy, luckily there's heaps of seats further up for me otherwise what's the point..

Poor Daniel. I'd be seeing Red, if I was in that position.

Copy and Pasted from the match against Mariners thread, minus the player comments. Hope Benny Trup or Layles see this. More than happy for you to give me a call if you want.

Now.......things to be negative about.

I'm actually a fan of Spotless. It's a great venue to watch sport, even though we are a bit far away to watch football.

I've really enjoyed the last two games in the RBB, the atmosphere has been brilliant, the new chants great, and the people who are there actually want to be there to cheer for the team, compared to the Derby where it's full of event goers and there is no atmosphere.

But........There is one reason and one reason only people aren't turning up.

Sydney Olympic Park is a soul destroying **** of a place.

• The Lawn Bar is sh*t. 
  • The club / RBB tried to set something up for it's members and they can't be criticized for that, but the liquor laws / police restrictions that are in place throughout Olympic Park have ruined game day. The only thing that could possibly save Lawn Bar are La Banda jamming and creating an atmosphere pre-game. Otherwise, very soon, no one is going to turn up there.
  • It isn't Parramatta. And I'm not just talking about the stadium.
  • We were BLESSED with how good Parramatta was, but the entire precinct on game day was just buzzing. The Woolie originally, then the collector, Church St and all the restaurants. Game day was exactly that, Game day. Now, it's just a game.
  • I love the club and won't miss a game if I can help it, regardless of the circumstances around game day, but going to a WSW game at Sydney Olympic Park is completely different to going to a WSW game at Parramatta.

I think the fact that everyone is grumpy about having to go to Sydney Olympic Park, and that we're not at Parramatta, is influencing the views on the team and the performances.

Cheer up c*nts. 

It could be worse.

You could be a Sydney FC fan. 

Come on you Wanderers  :clapping:

"General Admission" and freedom amongst RBB bays was a crock.

Security vigorously checking cards all game and blocking people from going into any aisle unless it was written on their membership!

Families and partners are separated between barriers because of this. BenT explained to me its because everyone is "allocated a seat" and at KO they'll look at the bays and let people in.

That didn't happen unfortunately.

Just make the entire section GA and have a clicker from the security. When it fills up, people have to move to the other bays.

It was only 70% full on Saturday and people were still barred from entering the bays and had to be creative in getting in to the bay where their friends/partners/family were.

Its a joke and just compounds the bs over the top security and riot squad we have to face every week in all these "high risk" matches against the Jets and CCM!

Edited by Erebus

Hi guys,

Just heard from Ben T, told me to compile list of issues with Spotless & will take to John T asap. Over the next hour will compile list & send to him,

Apart from what has been raised already, any further issues?

https://twitter.com/danieljcarrr/status/792282010605658113

Poor Daniel. I'd be seeing Red, if I was in that position.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

:(

I'm going to divide the feedback into the following groups. Are there any big things missing?

Spotless Stadium

- It is an okay stadium for an oval shaped ground. We understand that we need to play here because we are getting a new stadium but so many issues off the field & for many you feel like you've got to bring binoculars just to see what is happening.

- It appeared that security is out of there depth, they've never seen a group like the RBB & seem intimidated.

- View restricted for many, fixed advertising boards last week but many requests have not been responded to by the club

- Many black members disappointed with there seats, all the good seats given to red members & then even then red members got some seriously restricted views. Disappointing for many.

- The RBB & increse in the size of RBB good but lost our edge that we had at Parra

Lawn Bar

- It is not a great place to go to compared to parramatta but appreciate how hard to organize

- Overzealous Security, drink restrictions, closing bar 1hr prior to kick off, ID cards scanned, food okay & bad experience for many at derby is not good

- Without la Banda there many would go elsewhere

Membership Packs & Seating

- Many yet to receive membership packs or parts missing bits. I think this has been covered previously but just wanted to highlight that there are still those without membership packs.

- Many members have emailed the club & are yet to hear back from the club

- The seating allocation took a long time & once completed, required a whole lot of further changes. Many people were disappointed with seating views.

Public Transport

- Event buses only for derbies is restricting options for people

- After our first game there was only one direct western line train immediately after final whistle, encouraged many to rush to the train. S1-4 tradition of congratulating the players was fantastic but due to poor transport options nobody stays around. How about more than 1 direct western line train & 1 train that could travel east?

- There seemed to be plenty of services to Lidcombe, no issues with that but it's the connections. Trying to get home by train is taking much longer than our usual trip home from parramatta. This will restrict attendances at un-family friendly times.

- After our first game, many are still waiting at Lidcombe around 21:30 on a Sunday (waiting a further 30 minutes for connecting trains) on a Sunday for various trains on trips that will take 1-1.5hours to get home. It will affect attendances.

Police Presence

- Police attendance at our games is incredible, during the match you can't really see them

- Post match, incredible to see all riot squad vehicles outside the stadium. If the intention to make us feel safe is what they are trying to do then it is not working.

- Sad to hear that we are having issues with police, there was an incident highlighted in the Police & Secuity Issues thread that was deeply disturbing.

RBB

- The restriction to entering the RBB section is a farce, you have family members that are separated & security not using common sense when father & son can't enter the same bay.

- This is particularly disappointing because last week many were informed by the club that the RBB was GA & there were no issues. This caused a lot of problems with security at the game.

- The RBB needs to be GA. Full Stop.

- Have you thought of using a clicker system? This way the whole RBB can be GA & security won't have to check membership cards upon entry (not everyone has them)

SOP

- Overall SOP has been a pretty poor experience

- Our first game was tough not because we got a pasting but because the atmosphere was poor, members waiting to line up & issues with the lawn bar

- Many have voiced the opinion that until ANZ gets an upgrade we want to play as few games as possible there. It was just a soulless place.

- Then our move to spotless has been blighted by many issues raised above & made worse by the team not hitting there straps on the field.

- I think many don't realise how good we had it at parramatta & that just isn't the stadium but the pre/post game rituals that made the Wanderers an experience like no else.

Attendances

- Fantastic that we have 18,000+ members but maybe 10k aren't showing up?

- The issues above give a pretty good cross section of why different types of members just can't be bothered attending SOP

- The club has the buy back system & forward your membership. It's a brillant system but is hardly used. More incentive needs to be given to members to make sure there seat is being filled. Whether this be that the points rewards system is tweaked so you get points for returning your seat (at the moment only get points if it is sold) or perhaps a higher attendance ratio will allow you to have a first preference of seating at the new Pirtek stadium.

- This was a great opportunity to grow our club but the experiences thus far has almost had the opposite effect by members, hate to think what our new members are thinking

Prydz you need to stress that the enforcement of the bay allocations for the RBB is ridiculously over the top.

Like pup said, it's not Parramatta and we are all feeling it.

The club therefore need to do everything in their power to give us things to be happy about going there otherwise we are going to see the next few years look like Saturday night. A half empty stadium but only single tickets to buy.

The buy-back scheme needs to be pushed hard. I know possibly even most people will never do it anyway but we've seen nothing. Having a better idea of how many members are attending will also allow the ticketing to be better as well. This was meant to be an opportunity to grow the club - they need to be doing ticket deals and so on for kids or something to make the prospect of all that public transport, no choices of things to do before or after, actually attractive.

Pretty easy to confuse NSW as a Fascist state. Police are given powers through very strict licensing laws that give the State complete power that "influences" venues that host events. For the record I don't know what is going on with these pubs and stadiums in question, but a lot of times they're between a rock and a hard place.

Prydz you need to stress that the enforcement of the bay allocations for the RBB is ridiculously over the top.

Like pup said, it's not Parramatta and we are all feeling it.

The club therefore need to do everything in their power to give us things to be happy about going there otherwise we are going to see the next few years look like Saturday night. A half empty stadium but only single tickets to buy.

The buy-back scheme needs to be pushed hard. I know possibly even most people will never do it anyway but we've seen nothing. Having a better idea of how many members are attending will also allow the ticketing to be better as well. This was meant to be an opportunity to grow the club - they need to be doing ticket deals and so on for kids or something to make the prospect of all that public transport, no choices of things to do before or after, actually attractive.

Marion how did I go? Miss anything?

Agree the RBB entry (and other ga??) needs to be pushed. It can't be buried that low. The things that need pushing should be at the top. Anyone reading a huge list will put more emphasis on those at the top.

Judging by this board I'd say that's:

*transport

*RBB and ga acces / police security presence

* restricted views / advertising boards

* SOP a joke - club should talk to Parra council to come up with a solution that encourages people to attend parra pre-game (and maybe post)

*game times

My own personal one won't make the list - bring back white nets that us poor colour blind people can actually see!

I'd take out a lot of the complaints regarding the distance from the pitch and comparing things to Parramatta. A concise list of things that the club has the power to change would be much more effective.

The only things I would add to the list:

1. We understands FFA says we need music before the match, but could we at least turn it down?

2. Could the club please ask Spotless management to check the locks on the accessible bathroom doors. The one I used didn't work and people kept walking in while I was in there.

Also, it's 'their' not 'there' :)

Why does our team warm up at the away end of the pitch.?

Looks stupid when they come out and go over to the empty stands to clap the supporters.

The RBB and White and Black areas are always the fullest..

In regard to transport, try getting a train to Windsor.

45 min wait last time so we got an uber (luckily they gave out $20 Uber vouchers at SOP that day).

7pm (before a school day) or 7.50pm start times is painfull with a couple of kids, especially with Sunday morning football commitments.

We could drive and park at Parra for free no probs.

i said this on the forum but having to wait over a ******* hour for a train is not good enough, i dont know if the wanderers can help that though its just sydney trains being **** but like it or not that is part of the match day experience

At Olympic Park or Lidcombe?

Lidcombe but anywhere i got there and the next train was in 50 minutes so i waited about 15 minutes for the next penrith train and waited at blacktown for about 45 minutes

dont ask me the math on that because i dont have a clue

I'd take out a lot of the complaints regarding the distance from the pitch and comparing things to Parramatta. A concise list of things that the club has the power to change would be much more effective.

1. We understands FFA says we need music before the match, but could we at least turn it down?

2. Could the club please ask Spotless management to check the locks on the accessible bathroom doors. The one I used didn't work and people kept walking in while I was in there.

Why do you need music before a match? My feeling is that even the FFA know themselves that the music is turned up to ridiculous levels, therefore it is done for a reason imo.

A concise list of things that the club has the power to change would be much more effective.

Agree 100%. Only put things they can change themselves or through influence/discussion with other parties (security/Sydney trains etc).

Sorry prydz I thought I was doing that :lol:

-rbb access to bays

The other stuff I think has been covered.

I know it's not directly related to the venue. But they really need to smash the buyback thing. Otherwise we'll be in a downward spiral. If there's nothing except the crowd to pump us up, but if that is consistently not filled and its hard to get tickets, it in itself will make people less inclined to get back there.

Why do you need music before a match? My feeling is that even the FFA know themselves that the music is turned up to ridiculous levels, therefore it is done for a reason imo.

Unless there is loud music then people will not realise they are having a good time and experiencing an event.

Sorry prydz I thought I was doing that :lol:

-rbb access to bays

The other stuff I think has been covered.

I know it's not directly related to the venue. But they really need to smash the buyback thing. Otherwise we'll be in a downward spiral. If there's nothing except the crowd to pump us up, but if that is consistently not filled and its hard to get tickets, it in itself will make people less inclined to get back there.

Unless there is loud music then people will not realise they are having a good time and experiencing an event.

Hmm. That would sort of be the obvious answer. But I always get the feeling there are other reasons for it. I'll leave it that.

Anyway I hope someone sues the FFA/stadiums one day for loss of hearing and damage to their eardrums, and they end up having to get rid of it or at least turn it down.

Mate I've had this issue for years when coming back from Bulldogs games at ANZ, game finishes at 9.30 but i dont get home til 12 because of the pathetic and poor service from Olympic Park to Liverpool.  As soon as I get to Lidcombe, the Liverpool and Campbelltown is there and I miss it so I have to wait over half an hour for the next Liverpol train. Its ***** stupid.

SOP

- Overall SOP has been a pretty poor experience

- Our first game was tough not because we got a pasting but because the atmosphere was poor, members waiting to line up & issues with the lawn bar

- Many have voiced the opinion that until ANZ gets an upgrade we want to play as few games as possible there. It was just a soulless place.

- Then our move to spotless has been blighted by many issues raised above & made worse by the team not hitting there straps on the field.

- I think many don't realise how good we had it at parramatta & that just isn't the stadium but the pre/post game rituals that made the Wanderers an experience like no else.

As one of my mates said, SOP is a silicon city, theres no vibe on gameday, the place has no soul and no sporting teams can affiliate themselves with this place. It was only ever good for the olympics and thats it.

As one of my mates said, SOP is a silicon city, theres no vibe on gameday, the place has no soul and no sporting teams can affiliate themselves with this place. It was only ever good for the olympics and thats it.

Someone on the forum called SOP 'Sim City' a while back, and I've never heard a more apt description. Being there just feels weird and unpleasant, and like you said there is 0 vibe on match day. Even during the derby there was zero atmosphere around the place, and the march was dreadful in comparison to the marches in Parra.

The frustration throughout this whole site relating to the move to SOP just shows how everything needs to be worked out properly to get a team to succeed in the a-league. Is it really any wonder that teams like Brisbane and Wellington, that play in stadiums 4 and 5 times too big, struggle to motivate their crowds? 

A similar thing to what I posted on the police/security thread. It's the type of thing that has been posted before, so feel free to delete if deemed unnecessary. The fact it has been posted so often though is I guess kind of proves the point though.

I was witness to a ludicrous display of over policing on Saturday night, where a fan was pinned up against the wall by police and threatened with a lifetime ban for "swearing in public." To monitor the situation, no less than 8 police felt it necessary to look on. After about 10 minutes, he was let go with no charge.

Can the club explain why we continue to be treated like criminals for attending football matches? The police presence for a match between WSW and CCM (a fixture which historically has had exactly zero issues) was insane. This isn't just for the big games, it is every week and actively detracts from the match day experience of our fans.

Everything mentioned above

The club sending emails containing betting sponsor to bet on the Melbourne cup, what a ******* disgrace and insult to a club that once was considered a community club but has sold its soul for a few corporate dollars.

Get rid of the scumbag corporate sponsors as people are sick of betting adds rammed down our families throats and we should be better than that.

First off. I don't know why it is Prydz job to collate all comments and present it to Ben T.

I hope they bloody paid you in wsw dollars for all this free work you are doing. 

Here is my main gripe with the match day experience.

Police presence.

What are they protecting me from?

Police are meant to make me feel safe but it is the opposite. Why?

They ruin my match day experience. 

I took my little nephew to a game and asked me why there is so many police at the game. He asked if we did something wrong. He was scared because he felt like we were in danger.

The large numbers of police is not justified. Security is there for a reason. Police should be the last resort. 

I am happy there is police but there is way too many and their attitude stinks.

Agree with the above. I was one of the unfortunate black foundation membership that got a seat past the corner flag next to the away support. I have to say I was one of the lucky ones that the club heard my complaint and sorted it out for me.

I still don't understand why our team does not warm up in front of the RBB.

Transport out of Homebush is a major problem and the club needs to do everything possible with the FFA to schedule future games earlier.