2016/17 Season Feedback

Re the team pre game warm up:

# At pirtek the wsw bench was to my left and the players warmed up to my left

# at spotless the same applies

# i take it that is standard that the team warms up same end as its bench

This nonsense of allocating kids to different aisles than the ones their parents have been given - that has to change. Both Lloydy and myself are in this boat, and on Saturday, not 1 but 2 of the idiotic 'security' staff tried to say my boy couldn't go into the aisle I had. Yeah whatever. Emails to the club have yielded nothing but silence.

It would also be good to actually have the membership card that we paid for months ago so that every match isn't preceded by 30 minutes queueing for a ticket. It's beyond poor.

This nonsense of allocating kids to different aisles than the ones their parents have been given - that has to change. Both Lloydy and myself are in this boat, and on Saturday, not 1 but 2 of the idiotic 'security' staff tried to say my boy couldn't go into the aisle I had. Yeah whatever. Emails to the club have yielded nothing but silence.

It would also be good to actually have the membership card that we paid for months ago so that every match isn't preceded by 30 minutes queueing for a ticket. It's beyond poor.

I feel for you brother.

That is absolutely beyond acceptable.

If you don't have your membership card yet you can print off tickets (or send to your mobile) for spotless games from the membership portal.

Can the club explain why we continue to be treated like criminals for attending football matches? The police presence for a match between WSW and CCM (a fixture which historically has had exactly zero issues) was insane. This isn't just for the big games, it is every week and actively detracts from the match day experience of our fans.

It's nothing to do with the club, the police themselves decide their own numbers of police for each game and send the bill to the club.

First off. I don't know why it is Prydz job to collate all comments and present it to Ben T.

I hope they bloody paid you in wsw dollars for all this free work you are doing.

It's pretty poor isn't it?

It's a move to a new stadium in a different area. It's a big thing. And how have they managed it? We get a survey from the FFA asking us bs generic questions so they can tell their corporate partners "look the fans love it", but nothing from our club. No surveys, no questionnaires, nothing.

How hard would it have been to have a couple of people from the club walking around experiencing what we experience first-hand? Imagine if Lederer or JT got out there and asked some people how it was! Or even some other staff.

The only pieces of communication I have received (some of my mates did not!!) was one to say "don't be disloyal" and another that pointed the finger at the member pack distribution company and said the club would review the arrangements to make sure the packs were out by the second home game, and in some instance they weren't.

Absolutely shithouse display.

thefairy, on 31 Oct 2016 - 6:21 PM, said:snapback.png

First off. I don't know why it is Prydz job to collate all comments and present it to Ben T.

because Prydz can do it without swearing like a ****ing sailor

Everything mentioned above

The club sending emails containing betting sponsor to bet on the Melbourne cup, what a ******* disgrace and insult to a club that once was considered a community club but has sold its soul for a few corporate dollars.

Get rid of the scumbag corporate sponsors as people are sick of betting adds rammed down our families throats and we should be better than that.

Disagree.

The Wanderous Odds from Betting Club every week are fantastic.

Just gives me the sh*ts that whenever I bet on us, we draw.

Hi guys,

Have had a chat with Ben T this morning from the club & was very promising. He said that there are certain things out of the clubs control (like parramatta was amazing or how Spotless isn't a great stadium to watch football) but there are some things that I've highlighted that are in the clubs control (apparently they pay a fortune for public transport & wasn't happy to hear some of the stories). I know the club can't read every post on this forum (or like every post :ninja:) but I think it was important. Why?

I'm very passionate about football but more so this club. Many naysayers like to say we are plastic & a product of modern football but that hadn't been my experience. I love this club, the community we have created & I feel that there are many unhappy people, perhaps for the first time in 4 seasons I feel like we have taken a step back. I just want the best for our club.

If there was anything I missed I suggest you write an email & let the club know.

PS. In our coversation I have told him how worried we are about the police & security situation but I have a feeling that this is something that our club can have some impact (if the police feel it is a high risk situation the club have no choice) so make sure you post in Security & Restrictions thread. Let's get all our concerns & bad stories out in the open so the club can do what they can!

The club sending emails containing betting sponsor to bet on the Melbourne cup, what a ******* disgrace and insult to a club that once was considered a community club but has sold its soul for a few corporate dollars.

Get rid of the scumbag corporate sponsors as people are sick of betting adds rammed down our families throats and we should be better than that.

Disagree.

We need sponsors.  We just don't need those that peddle misery on those that can least afford it.  Betting addiction is a curse on lower income families and can and does destroy the family unit through poverty and gambling addiction.  There's plenty of it in Western Sydney yet the club is still happy to drive a knife through as long as it gets its dollar.  I'm with Burgerman on this particular sponsor.  And fast food sponsors.

thefairy, on 31 Oct 2016 - 6:21 PM, said:snapback.png

because Prydz can do it without swearing like a ****ing sailor

Dear Porkchop,

you and all the other porkchop's are not being very nice to the fans.

P.S dont worry though if you post on the forum i will still like it :good:

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Your legend prydz keep up the good work mate :good:

Disagree.

We need sponsors.  We just don't need those that peddle misery on those that can least afford it.  Betting addiction is a curse on lower income families and can and does destroy the family unit through poverty and gambling addiction.  There's plenty of it in Western Sydney yet the club is still happy to drive a knife through as long as it gets its dollar.  I'm with Burgerman on this particular sponsor.  And fast food sponsors.

Jee. Zuz.

I bet you're the same person who whines about a Nanny State and over-regulation and over-policing at games. Freedom of choice, perhaps? You can unsubscribe from WSW emails if you think Betting.Club emails will force you to lose your house.

There is freedom of choice, but we also don't necessarily have to associate with them. Gambling advertising is ubiquitous anyway, I don't see why we should be encouraging it further. It's not like the club is struggling to find corporate sponsors.

Mind you, I also don't like the club being connected to shitty fast food chains or loan companies, but such is life. I ignore it all like the rest of the corporate bullshit.

Disagree.

Jee. Zuz.

I bet you're the same person who whines about a Nanny State and over-regulation and over-policing at games. Freedom of choice, perhaps? You can unsubscribe from WSW emails if you think Betting.Club emails will force you to lose your house.

Straw man Nanny State argument.  3/10.  Doesn't apply to me because I don't gamble nor need to.  Was just calling out to those that struggle under the weight of their addiction.  Sorry for caring.

My grandmother is about to pass away.

This makes me sad.

I'm letting my membership go unless Guardian Funerals is no longer a sponsor, because associating them with the club makes me upset.

I hate coffee.

Since the Coffee Emporium has come on a sponsor, my life has been ruined.

Get rid of them, or I leave.

I drive a subaru.

We are sponsored my Mitsubishi.

F*ck that. They can't force me to have a Mitsubishi.

I'm ringing the club to compain.

Edited by Pup55

I have added the below to my initial post today

--------------------------

PS. In our coversation I have told him how worried we are about the police & security situation but I have a feeling that this is something that our club can have some impact (if the police feel it is a high risk situation the club have no choice) so make sure you post in Security & Restrictions thread. Let's get all our concerns & bad stories out in the open so the club can do what they can!

If you don't have your membership card yet you can print off tickets (or send to your mobile) for spotless games from the membership portal.

Can the club explain why we continue to be treated like criminals for attending football matches? The police presence for a match between WSW and CCM (a fixture which historically has had exactly zero issues) was insane. This isn't just for the big games, it is every week and actively detracts from the match day experience of our fans.

It's nothing to do with the club, the police themselves decide their own numbers of police for each game and send the bill to the club.

Sent the ticket to my mobile. Their little scanner thing said no, hence having to queue again.

try having a family membership with 3 seats on one side of a metal barrier and 1/2 metre gap and one on the other, thats what we have a ANZ.  

We can't recreate Parramatta CBD on game day obviously. This was a huge part of the community feel. There is a massive difference between a living, breathing centre, where, without the wanderers, it would still be vibrant, and a place which only has people in it - including businesses, like those popup stores - on game day, and at which people come for kickoff and then leave straight away. A huge difference.

But I wonder what else the club can do to help maintain the community feel that we had. People have mentioned buses from Parramatta direct. I wonder, if the club do have a say with the transport options, if there couldn't' be a train stopping at Parra and then going direct. The problem is I guess that they couldn't publicise this as a way of avoiding Homebush precinct because that would probably go against any deals they have with SOPA etc.

And I struggle to think of what game day activities they can do. Especially ones that wouldn't just be a half time gimmick. And the more I think about the more I realise it is going to come down to actual personal engagement, to maintain any sense of "we; re all in this together". The club have been virtually silent on the teething problems we're having and have shifted blame when they have said anything. They need to be giving us formal opportunities to have our say - not just a FFA survey or whatever - the club was built on community engagement; if there's any chance of maintaining the "brand" they need to ramp it up while we are away. I'd like to see wanderers staff out and about on game day talking to people ( I know Benny does this and then there's the supporter Marshalls but they largely deal with the rbb which is a different kettle of fish, maybe I'm wrong and Ben gets around elsewhere as well - but it needs to be more than him I think even if he does). I'd like to see some acknowledgement that it's not perfect, some honest explanation of some of the things going wrong. It's time to fulfil Lyall's promise of fan representation - that would be an excellent move at this point.  I don't know. The move has really highlighted that the club is just another commercial entity to me. It always was of course, but at least at Parramatta we had the ability as fans to make it something more. The club has marketed itself along those lines as a result. With it gone, the club needs to do a lot of work if it wants to be able to maintain that message.

I agree that the club is being consumed by the big fat corporate dollar to the detriment of what a community club should represent. We are just turning out to be another opportunistic sporting club at the end of the day. NRMA Insurance WSW sponsored by KFC and TAB :nono:  It just doesn't sound right to me.

Sponsorship is what it is, like carns says, they've got to do what they have to do.

However, a tldr of my above post, without Parramatta which made the club feel like a community, the club have to make every effort to make this a community club however they can while we are away.

We can't recreate Parramatta CBD on game day obviously. This was a huge part of the community feel. There is a massive difference between a living, breathing centre, where, without the wanderers, it would still be vibrant, and a place which only has people in it - including businesses, like those popup stores - on game day, and at which people come for kickoff and then leave straight away. A huge difference.

But I wonder what else the club can do to help maintain the community feel that we had. People have mentioned buses from Parramatta direct. I wonder, if the club do have a say with the transport options, if there couldn't' be a train stopping at Parra and then going direct. The problem is I guess that they couldn't publicise this as a way of avoiding Homebush precinct because that would probably go against any deals they have with SOPA etc.

And I struggle to think of what game day activities they can do. Especially ones that wouldn't just be a half time gimmick. And the more I think about the more I realise it is going to come down to actual personal engagement, to maintain any sense of "we; re all in this together". The club have been virtually silent on the teething problems we're having and have shifted blame when they have said anything. They need to be giving us formal opportunities to have our say - not just a FFA survey or whatever - the club was built on community engagement; if there's any chance of maintaining the "brand" they need to ramp it up while we are away. I'd like to see wanderers staff out and about on game day talking to people ( I know Benny does this and then there's the supporter Marshalls but they largely deal with the rbb which is a different kettle of fish, maybe I'm wrong and Ben gets around elsewhere as well - but it needs to be more than him I think even if he does). I'd like to see some acknowledgement that it's not perfect, some honest explanation of some of the things going wrong. It's time to fulfil Lyall's promise of fan representation - that would be an excellent move at this point.  I don't know. The move has really highlighted that the club is just another commercial entity to me. It always was of course, but at least at Parramatta we had the ability as fans to make it something more. The club has marketed itself along those lines as a result. With it gone, the club needs to do a lot of work if it wants to be able to maintain that message.

Prydz, just pass this post on to Ben. It sums up the situation and it also puts the ball in the club's court to engage the fans more. It's not just the solutions that are important, it's the way people are communicated with and involved to find them. Think of our name, colours, original location and how the fact that the fans were asked is a major part of the story of the Wanderers.

They have dropped the ball here and need to own up and re-engage properly.

Sponsorship is what it is, like carns says, they've got to do what they have to do.

However, a tldr of my above post, without Parramatta which made the club feel like a community, the club have to make every effort to make this a community club however they can while we are away.

I realize corporate sponsorship is a necessary evil, but it is more the way it is becoming plastered all over the club name and identity. Would prefer to be a little more discreet about it.

The Parramatta thing is an interesting one. There definitely isn't the same vibe at Olympic Park in relation to what a city/town centre like Parramatta can offer. But we have played poorly and drawn two games against poor opposition. If we start winning things might change. I remember in season 3 going to the games in Parramatta wasn't the greatest either. Crowds were down and people in the crowd were moaning and groaning every time our players stuffed up. Winning helps a lot.

I drive a subaru.

We are sponsored my Mitsubishi.

F*ck that. They can't force me to have a Mitsubishi.

I'm ringing the club to compain.

Its Mitsubishi Electric not Motors ;)

Throw away your reverse cycle Fujitsu

I actually need an air con heading into summer.

Might get a discount.

I love our club.