2016/17 Season Feedback

This nonsense of allocating kids to different aisles than the ones their parents have been given - that has to change. Both Lloydy and myself are in this boat, and on Saturday, not 1 but 2 of the idiotic 'security' staff tried to say my boy couldn't go into the aisle I had. Yeah whatever. Emails to the club have yielded nothing but silence.

It would also be good to actually have the membership card that we paid for months ago so that every match isn't preceded by 30 minutes queueing for a ticket. It's beyond poor.

try having a family membership with 3 seats on one side of a metal barrier and 1/2 metre gap and one on the other, thats what we have a ANZ.

Man, I hear you. It is insanity or incompetence from the top shelf.

Everything mentioned above

The club sending emails containing betting sponsor to bet on the Melbourne cup, what a ******* disgrace and insult to a club that once was considered a community club but has sold its soul for a few corporate dollars.

Get rid of the scumbag corporate sponsors as people are sick of betting adds rammed down our families throats and we should be better than that.

Disagree.

The Wanderous Odds from Betting Club every week are fantastic.

Just gives me the sh*ts that whenever I bet on us, we draw.

We need sponsors.  We just don't need those that peddle misery on those that can least afford it.  Betting addiction is a curse on lower income families and can and does destroy the family unit through poverty and gambling addiction.  There's plenty of it in Western Sydney yet the club is still happy to drive a knife through as long as it gets its dollar.  I'm with Burgerman on this particular sponsor.  And fast food sponsors.

Jee. Zuz.

I bet you're the same person who whines about a Nanny State and over-regulation and over-policing at games. Freedom of choice, perhaps? You can unsubscribe from WSW emails if you think Betting.Club emails will force you to lose your house.

Might as well put our hands out to the tobacco companies and send out exclusive offers on products.

Look I understand that we need sponsors but taking money from gambling doesn't fit in if you want to be a community based club, which I feel we have lost since Mr corporate Lederer has taken over but that is my opinion on him.

Look I understand that we need sponsors but taking money from gambling doesn't fit in if you want to be a community based club, which I feel we have lost since Mr corporate Lederer has taken over but that is my opinion on him.

It is ironic that the club felt more like a community club when it was owned by FFA. Perhaps that was just because Gorman was so good at connecting with the member base? JT does alright though, so it might be the owners, rather than the chosen mouthpiece.

Parramatta is our home. Nothing beats home.

But we have to made do with our situation and be patient.

This does not mean there is no improvement to be made. I believe the club is doing it's best to keep us happy.

Thanks prydz for doing all this work during your free time. I owe you a beer!

if the police feel it is a high risk situation

We're never going to win when it comes to the secco's and constable plod and his mates in the black tinted SUV's...and it'll never matter how many examples of actual arrest numbers during game days compared to other sports people make...how many kids we have at the games...how many pictures of drunken tossbags in their suits and high heels (sorry...racing fans) disgracing themselves are posted without a single cop in sight, they will police in numbers the believe required to deal with the threatening idea of weird singing and flag waving possible gang affiliated somewhat ethnic looking potential hooligans threatening the Australian way of life by watching 2 groups of effeminate men chasing a white ball.... 

<insert the first 40 minutes of this week's episode of Around The Bloc's podcast>

I would've LOVED to have heard Erebus's thoughts on it all too - but thought the rest of the team articulated what a lot of the Wanderers' fan base is feeling, extremely well. 

There's a lot of unrest, disappointment and negativity - on and off the field. 

http://www.aroundthebloc.com.au/s05e05-the-ghost-of-sotirios-arse/

if the police feel it is a high risk situation

We're never going to win when it comes to the secco's and constable plod and his mates in the black tinted SUV's...and it'll never matter how many examples of actual arrest numbers during game days compared to other sports people make...how many kids we have at the games...how many pictures of drunken tossbags in their suits and high heels (sorry...racing fans) disgracing themselves are posted without a single cop in sight, they will police in numbers the believe required to deal with the threatening idea of weird singing and flag waving possible gang affiliated somewhat ethnic looking potential hooligans threatening the Australian way of life by watching 2 groups of effeminate men chasing a white ball.... 

:hi: Almost Manfred-esque, Horus!!

The fact there is no official kids jersey is quite pathetic.

My 6 year old son is really cut up about it. there is no way he wants the replica thing they are selling. his first comment when i showed him was. "its not a real wanderers shirt! It doesn't have the star"

Have seen this raised a few times on here & other forms of social media :good:

Why do football clubs have such **** membership teams?

I didn't have to deal with membership packs not arriving but by all accounts the membership team ****ed up hard on that one particularly with the way they handled giving tickets to people on Derby day. I was also blatantly lied to when I called up membership and they told me that RBB will be general admission or whatever it's called for the game against Newcastle. For both games at Spotless so far when I went to the membership tent to discuss this issue the people there had no ******* idea. Additionally the few times I've called up membership they've always sounded cold and glad to be rid of me at the end.

This was posted in another thread on the forum, just thought again I'd repost it here of another WSW member's frustrations of there experience this season. Just wanted to highlight that there are a number of people annoyed right now & the general feel of discontent around the club at the moment.

Why do football clubs have such **** membership teams?

My experience with membership this year. 

Me: “Hi I’d like to change a few details on some adult memberships I have. Two people have moved out so I would like to change the e-mail and address attached to two of the memberships. On one of those memberships also needs a name change"

Them: “Okay so what is it you want"

Me: re-explain

Them: Okay you can send the details in

Me: I can give them to you right now

Them: You should e-mail memberships

Me: You are memberships aren’t you?

Them: Yes

Me: So I will give you the details

Them: There is a lot to get through so it will be quicker if you email

Me: Quicker if I e-mail you now?

Them: Yeah there is a backlog and memberships are getting through the e-mails

Me: I have e-mailed memberships a previous year for something and there was no response

Them: Try again

Me: That’s why I called because e-mailing last time did nothing

Them: They should get to it this time

So I e-mailed: All memberships came to my address, no name change. Plus didn’t get any foundation member packs even though all of them are foundation memberships.

Received this reply to the list I compiled from all your feedback. We can take heart that they are listening & will try to fix whatever possible. It's a start & things can only get better from here!

Hi Prydz,

This feedback has been collated and sent across for review from JT as well as fed back to the stadium for review, we have a planning meeting next week to review the first two games and to make sure we fix what we can before the Melbourne City game and for the rest of the season.

I know how important this club and the people who support it are to you, as is commonly referred to around the club and even on WSF, this is a family.

Hopefully the boys can get the win in the West on Sunday.

Thanks,

Ben

#COYW

(Have deleted parts of the email not relevant)

I'm hopeful, I still think a lot of the issues with sop are fixable (bay allocation, security etc.) to be fair they moved the advertising board.

Some require a change in my routine (lawn bar can do one so drink eat on way in)

Some are what they are (it's an oval)

A decent onfield performance will help too

Over to club now, hopefully they sort the security especially the bay enforcement nonsense in the active bays

Thanks pyrdz for your efforts

Edited by StringerBellend

I'm hopeful, I still think a lot of the issues with sop are fixable (bay allocation, security etc.) to be fair they moved the advertising board.

Some require a change in my routine (lawn bar can do one so drink eat on way in)

Some are what they are (it's an oval)

A decent onfield performance will help too

Over to club now, hopefully they sort the security especially the bay enforcement nonsense in the active bays

Thanks pyrdz for your efforts

This. If they can sort out this security nonsense it will alleviate a lot of the issues. Should be eminently fixable you'd think, if the club is willing.

All good, just love this club & I'm just a bit sad to see so many unhappy people. Yes the on field issues haven't helped none the less it is sad to see. I'm just glad that the club seem to have listened, yes it's disappointing that it has got to this stage, but at least they have taken on board feedback & are looking to make some changes. At this stage, it is all we can ask for....

I went to the Wanderers vs CCM game on the weekend and this time brought the kids along. To purchase their tickets, I went to ticketmaster and searched through my bay. Only two tickets were available for the entire bay, the majority of the rest probably taken by members. On the night I was shocked to see that the bay was only half full. 

This gives you some idea as to how many members don't turn up. It's absolutely ridiculous to think how much money is being wasted. I mean, how much disposable income do these people have? For goodness sake, we're from Western Sydney, not East Sydney.

• 2 weeks later...

Looked a lot more than 11k on Friday at the game.

We only made it to half time... the little one kicked off screaming when the penalty was given (which, IMHO, was a penalty). He normally is in bed at 7.30PM, then kick off is closer to 8 and the noise. He just freaks out.

So hard with little kids. Never realised until I had one myself.

Ours are 12 and 9. We pay for it pretty much for a week with disrupted sleep patterns with our 9 year old who has some issues anyway. I can only imagine how many are not coming with younger children and we know we have plenty being an all inclusive club with a less than all inclusive set of time slots delivered by the FFA bending over backwards to Foxtel.

We have hardly any afternoon games as well. Makes it very, very hard. I think many people without children just don't understand, nor have to deal with the fallout from a bad night with a child...

Not to mention it takes us twice as long to get to Olympic Park games as it does with Pirtek.

For example, at Pirtek I would park at work (in Parra CBD) and walk 10 mins to the ground, takes about 30 mins from home to get to Parra. My mother-in-law who requires disabled parking could get a spot right outside of the venue.

But, at Olympic Park we all go in one car, have to park in P1 and takes her a good 20+ mins to walk to the ground. Not to mention 45+ getting to Olympic Park. Then it's the same/worse on the way home.

It slowly adds up.

Or the train situation.

Half an hour wait at lidcombe, on top of the half hour delay in starting the match now, basically means an added hour onto the night. It goes from being a regular thing to a "maybe".

Finally convinced the missus to make a night of it and get some exercise at and around the game. Got to P1 right on kickoff and was told place was full, piss off to P5. The thought of paying for parking then walking for 20min to the game did it for me.

We kept driving all the way to Costco and enjoyed the rest of our evening in comfort.

I've been told parking at the aquatic centre is the go, can anyone confirm?

The FFA crack down on "anti social" behaviour to attract families. They then go and schedule games at times when it's near impossible for families to get to. You'd be forgiven for thinking the FFA don't actually want people to come to games.

Surely other clubs have members who travel far and wide like us. Is this a common issue with scheduling and poor transport connections etc?

And to the parents out there (especially the new ones) who are battling with this craziness, hang in there. It does get better. Kids are pretty clever (generally) and do adapt, so the disrupted sleep becomes less of problem. :grouphug: That, or they become teenagers.

I have a nine month old at home. And we tried going to the Friday night games, but getting home at midnight, with disrupted sleep did not work well. So we decided to miss last Friday nights game. If the scheduling is not more "family friendly" next season we may not even renew. Its easy to put her down to sleep then turn the game on the TV. although nothing beats the live atmosphere at the games.

I have a nine month old at home. And we tried going to the Friday night games, but getting home at midnight, with disrupted sleep did not work well. So we decided to miss last Friday nights game. If the scheduling is not more "family friendly" next season we may not even renew. Its easy to put her down to sleep then turn the game on the TV. although nothing beats the live atmosphere at the games.

I know some will look at this and tell us to harden up. Bear in mind most of us have been members or coming from day 1 so we've dealt with late games with even younger children. The fact that just about all home games are late ones is pushing the limits. We've always had a mix of early and late games in previous seasons and we deal with the late ones as a result because it's not all the time. This season just 1 game on a Sunday at 5pm at Spotless.

I don't think we get to see the game times before the renewal kicks in though I may be mistaken.

I haven't contacted the club directly but have given feedback in the match day experience forms about the timings among other things though assume that is just ignored.

I'd say it's only gonna get worse cause this is a trial run for the next TV deal. Ratings are up so it's considered a success.

It's okay. I might dump Foxtel... just so much on there we don't watch and sick of paying their over-the-top prices to cover their fees for the NRL & AFL. Going to go Fetch TV (outright) and their $15/m add on + some Netflix. Just use my Dad's Foxtel Go account to watch Wanderers games.

Of course ratings are up, we are staying at home.

Thought it was relevant to share these posts above that were posted in another thread.

This year there have been many games scheduled at un-family friendly times, Sunday at 7pm or Friday night at 7:50 rather than 7:30 (but kickoff is closer to 8pm anyway). The combination of it taking it longer to get home plus later kickoffs are really affecting parents being able to attend matches with there children.

One forum member emailed the FFA & apparently it was the clubs that wanted the later kick off times. 8pm kick off in the summer on a Saturday night is less of an issue for some (probably works better too on hot days) but Friday or Sunday nights is not the most ideal times for families.

There seems to be much rhetoric from the FFA talking about family friendly but these kick off times fly in the face of that rhetoric.

• 1 month later...

While we are at it, I'd also like to know why the Wanderers can't provide:

- Wearable southern fried chicken fast food company containers

- A pair of blow up donging stick things

- An AAAA OOOO call and response recording over the PA every 5 minutes

Plz explain

:nono: