Record Loss For Record Crowd

I imagine they will say it is ANZ's call and shrug shoulders. Meh.

Yeah. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. The grease may not be they change anything but it could be we don't keep derbies there if when we go back to parra. If they don't hear anything from anybody they'll assume everyone is okay with it.

ANZ sucks a big fat one. Simples. It's the total embodiment of corporate sport, soulless. There is no way people (myself included) should be sat in the rafters when the lower bowl is 85% full if that. Fill that first then work upwards surely (unless you choose to sit with the gods)

The drinking venues are so nailed down that there is no real choice, it's mid strength beer or cans of various alco-pops. Bet the cops love it actually, almost like practice crowd control for them. No real streets. The precinct is out of something like Sim City.

As others have said goodbye home advantage, certainly for ANZ games. It's a neutral venue, always will be. Just hoping Spotless is better otherwise we are severely disadvantaged for 3 years.

And as for the club have we recruited well is going to be the big question because the imports are the game breaker in this league? There is a perception that the club is tighter than two coats of paint. Let's hope that is not reality.

Yep the copper at the head of the March was like "go wherever you want".

Surprise , surprise , surprise ........NOT

Total and utter humiliation , it's a wonder the gold star above the crest  didn't fall of in shame. Could say a lot but it's all been said before in the preseason.

Bigger worry is that the coach is in denial.

2.5 out of 10 performance. But certain aspects can be turned around quickly, tactics and style and motivation. What can't be fixed quickly  is the tightarse , unambitious recruitment.

I guess you were the only wanderers fan walking out of the stadium with a big fat I told you so smug smile.

Only round one you knob let's see our position at new years before writing us off or will you be gone by then given up in shame.

I just can't understand the complaining. It's not ideal but 62000 attended a game last night and the majority of your matches will be full at Spotless. And the end of the three years?

Brand new 30,000 purpose-build stadium.

Part of what I've enjoyed about the last few years is the old school vibe which parramatta still had. Not just the ground and its facilities but the fact that it's part of parra CBD. You felt part of something going there. Something living and breathing and connected.

Homebush is the antithesis of that. I hoped spotless will be better but seeing the lawn bar thing increased my doubts. From the moment you arrive at the station on the precinct you are a customer.

Yeah it's great that we got a look at the support in Sydney for the aleague and these two teams but it was nothing like what it's been about, for us anyway. The March for example. We were like stupid monkeys on a little pop up stage instead of the exchange that it normally is or has been between other fans of the club on the street on their way to the match. The way security were running it, this way, hurry up, it's 7:11 we were supposed to be at point x 2 minutes ago. You're Victorian, I don't mean to insult you, but it might make some sense to you if I said, imagine one week it was 1970 in the VFL and you were watching a match at like Victoria park or somewhere, and the next week it was this year at Etihad. It's like being hit smack bang in the face with modern football in many ways, out of nowhere. I was braced for it but it still hurt.

Yes the new stadium but that looks a long way away. And I start to worry about how any new stadium management is going to suck the life out of that too. Or if there will be enough life to be sucked out after that time.

TIFO was BRILLIANT but RBB was FAR from it's best! Boris looked dis-interested, showed no passion and failed to lift the crowd. Chant choices were all wrong, if I recall correctly there was a WDYSF at 3-0 down??

Now the other thing to those who bring their grandmothers and wives in the heart of the RBB, are you people are ****ed in the head? Look at the atmosphere in first 2 seasons, it was like a cauldron, now it's like a fun zone with families.  

The decision from the West Sydney Terrace lads to sit at different parts of the stadium has left a massive whole in the RBB. My mates last night and all morning are talking about moving over with them. I'm not here to have a whinge I'm here to tell it how it is.

Fire your abuse at me I don't give a **** but I give a **** when something I love is not being treated the way it deserves to be treated. **** I'm so pissed off right now!

Total and utter humiliation , it's a wonder the gold star above the crest  didn't fall of in shame. Could say a lot but it's all been said before in the preseason.

2.5 out of 10 performance. But certain aspects can be turned around quickly, tactics and style and motivation. What can't be fixed quickly  is the tightarse , unambitious recruitment.

I guess you were the only wanderers fan walking out of the stadium with a big fat I told you so smug smile.

Only round one you knob let's see our position at new years before writing us off or will you be gone by then given up in shame.

Listen you f*wit never walked out on a game and am hurting like most supporters , no smugness at all.

I was talking about trying to win the game , tactics and so forth beforehand while idiots like you were only worried about the POX , so go and count to 61,880 but you would probably struggle counting past 10.

Edited by riva

We need a Vukovich or a Lawrence Thomas. Bringing back Tyson bewilders me.

We had Vukovic in the bag, he too also wanted to come back here last year , it was all going to happen until Kalac got here , and opted for Redmayne instead, a second choice keeper of the Melbourne Heart/City  go figure..... Our loss is Graham Arnold's gain

I just can't understand the complaining. It's not ideal but 62000 attended a game last night and the majority of your matches will be full at Spotless. And the end of the three years?

Part of what I've enjoyed about the last few years is the old school vibe which parramatta still had. Not just the ground and its facilities but the fact that it's part of parra CBD. You felt part of something going there. Something living and breathing and connected.

Homebush is the antithesis of that. I hoped spotless will be better but seeing the lawn bar thing increased my doubts. From the moment you arrive at the station on the precinct you are a customer.

Yeah it's great that we got a look at the support in Sydney for the aleague and these two teams but it was nothing like what it's been about, for us anyway. The March for example. We were like stupid monkeys on a little pop up stage instead of the exchange that it normally is or has been between other fans of the club on the street on their way to the match. The way security were running it, this way, hurry up, it's 7:11 we were supposed to be at point x 2 minutes ago. You're Victorian, I don't mean to insult you, but it might make some sense to you if I said, imagine one week it was 1970 in the VFL and you were watching a match at like Victoria park or somewhere, and the next week it was this year at Etihad. It's like being hit smack bang in the face with modern football in many ways, out of nowhere. I was braced for it but it still hurt.

Yes the new stadium but that looks a long way away. And I start to worry about how any new stadium management is going to suck the life out of that too. Or if there will be enough life to be sucked out after that time.

Understand that completely, been to Parra once for a WSW game and it was pumping.

But what would you like the club to do? Go play in Penrith, where there's 10k seats? Go and play in Sydney FC's home ground?

This was the only option. And it's temporary anyways.

Spotless will be 100x better, can guarantee you that.

Understand that completely, been to Parra once for a WSW game and it was pumping.

But what would you like the club to do? Go play in Penrith, where there's 10k seats? Go and play in Sydney FC's home ground?

Mate I voted for spotless , I know there weren't any other options.

But still going to be unhappy :lol:

Total and utter humiliation , it's a wonder the gold star above the crest didn't fall of in shame. Could say a lot but it's all been said before in the preseason.

2.5 out of 10 performance. But certain aspects can be turned around quickly, tactics and style and motivation. What can't be fixed quickly is the tightarse , unambitious recruitment.

Listen you f*wit never walked out on a game and am hurting like most supporters , no smugness at all.

I was talking about trying to win the game , tactics and so forth beforehand while idiots like you were only worried about the POX , so go and count to 61,880 but you would probably struggle counting past 10.

Most of us managed to count to 4 unfortunatly

TIFO was BRILLIANT but RBB was FAR from it's best! Boris looked dis-interested, showed no passion and failed to lift the crowd. Chant choices were all wrong, if I recall correctly there was a WDYSF at 3-0 down??

Now the other thing to those who bring their grandmothers and wives in the heart of the RBB, are you people are ****ed in the head? Look at the atmosphere in first 2 seasons, it was like a cauldron, now it's like a fun zone with families.

The decision from the West Sydney Terrace lads to sit at different parts of the stadium has left a massive whole in the RBB. My mates last night and all morning are talking about moving over with them. I'm not here to have a whinge I'm here to tell it how it is.

Fire your abuse at me I don't give a **** but I give a **** when something I love is not being treated the way it deserves to be treated. **** I'm so pissed off right now!

A few things - not abuse.

-what I've seen from wst is faaaaar less active than the rbb regardless so that seems a strange choice if the issue is how rowdy it gets.

-that rowdiness is dependent on the people within giving it their all (I don't doubt you do)

-in my experience some of the kids and grandmothers are far more likely to do that than dickeads on their phones or sipping beers. I looked across at the bay to the left when it all went pear shaped and saw a few hundred blokes looking like the cove having a sook.

-I yelled at them as I often do but after a few years of yelling you reach a point where you start to wonder if anything you can do will make a difference

-this is especially true when we are somewhere new and people are not long term rbb members. Who knows who was who in there last night.

I'd give it a few weeks and see what spotless is like.

^^^ I actually thought there were less passengers than normal in the RBB last night - I was pleasantly surprised. I understand the atmosphere didn't transfer across the ground, but that us because of the stadium. Maybe the fact I was further forward than normal coloured my perceptions though.

I still count pox/pax of one smug told you so c***!

MY THOUGHTS:

- I was watching the game from a restaurant as my partner decided to take me out for an early birthday dinner, I saw bits of the game and all I can say is that is wasn't a nice birthday wish...

- Right from the start, I knew we were f*cked, Hamill is NOT a left back and Clisby was on the bench? terrible decision. I honestly think the left back position is going to be a major issue this season, we should of never released Elrich.

- Redmayne back to his antics again . So glad his contract is up at the end of this season (same for the likes of Hamill). We need a decent goalkeeper, problem is there isn't much Australian goalkeepers available (unless Covic decides to join us again but he is past his prime now).

- Pinatares & Borda looks to be Pio v2.0. it'll be interesting to see what the lineup will be next week since Borda has got a suspension (don't use Hamill)

- Jumpei is a great player, I think him and Nichols will work well together. Martinez seems like a good additive to the club as well. Bulut, Jumpei, Nichols & Martinez is our starting 4...Popa, make it happen (and also, don't use Hamill)

- Its seems that the RBB don't understand the word "disloyal" and decided to use flares, nice work, dumbc*nts. An absolute disgrace towards the club.

CONCLUSION: Sh*t game, s*it performance, sh*t way to start the reason, Hamill & Redmayne are f*cking s*it. The only thing that was good tonight was dinner at the restaurant.

Not only did we lose tonight, but it looks like we'll be starting the season with minus 3 points. Thanks RBB you useless c*nts...

Thanks MathYou for your commentary from a restaurant on an opening season Derby game. And your 'that side of Anzac Parade' opinion of the entire RBB but please don't stand up for us we wouldn't want you to go to too much trouble in actively supporting the club you love. Oh yeah happy birthday chump and do keep coming back. Your support distinguishes night from day for those who spend days painting tifos whilst you exhaust your intellectual abilities enlightening us Hobbits.

Thank you for "roasting" me, DamnedUnited.

I'm happy with supporting the Wanderers and have been since the formation of the club. I'm proud of the fans who put their hard effort into the tifos, the  fans that have created our club chants, and even the fans that are going to our youth squad games and supporting them as they are future of the club.

However, you've got idiots who are "supporting the Wanderers" and igniting flares which Gallop has warned clubs not to do and if you do, the club will pay  consequences. These are the "so-called fans" that I'm NOT willing to support.

These "fans"  have now put the team in jeopardy from getting 3 points docked and usually these "so-called fans" are sometimes apart of the RBB. But, If the "fan" that lit up the flare last night at the game isn't an RRB fan, well then I apologise for accusing the RBB for doing something that is completely wrong.

On a serious note, what do these "fans" actually accomplish from lighting up a flare? That's something I'll never understand.

Also, If you're going to say I'm not a "true fan" of the Wanderers, well then why the f*ck is this on my wall which has been there almost 2 years ago?!

LL1zG7w.jpg

Edited by MathyouWSW

Penrith holds 22500 and was a far more suitable proposition which would have maintained the home ground atmosphere. This is a massive loss to people's game day experience and will not help crowds. How do we know we voted for ANZ anyway? Is that just what they told us?

Would rather just have the 10,000 that rocked up for the ACL last 16 game a few years back than the 60odd thousand that rocked up yesterday and would happily go to Penrith.

They bossed the game. The whole experience was pretty disheartening from start to finish. From waiting 50 minutes in a line to pick up a membership pass that should have been sent out 2 months ago when they took money for it. To watching some fat tw@t of a seco laughing while tipping out kids water bottles at the gate. To being charged 11 bucks for a water and a coke. To the atmosphere vacuum that is ANZ stadium. To the absolute garbage served up by a group of players who don't give a toss. To the experience that Alexander detailed previously. It was a community club but I am not so sure at this point. Very disheartening.

I don't know which gate you saw the security behave like this, but on Gate E the person in charge of bag checks was telling people that no food of any kind was to be brought into the stadium.

Is this now the clubs policy on bringing food into the stadium because in previous seasons I have always been able to bring a small plastic bottle of water, some home made sandwiches and some fruit on days when I didn't want to eat the stadium food.

I would like either Ben or Layles or any other club representative active on this forum, who reads this post to clarify what can be brought into the stadiums regarding food items and have this clearly displayed at the gates so both spectators and security know where we stand.

Is this now the policy of the club and stadiums that no food is be brought into the venue? I can understand the ban on glass bottles, cans and commercial fast food meals, but a ban on all food items.

It was incredibly disheartening to observe the looks on the kids faces as the father around me told the kids that the bag of corn chips and the bag of lollies they were eating from would have to be thrown in the bins before they could enter the stadium.

This club likes to promote itself as being like a family. I don't know of any family that greets it members and patrons at the gates by telling them to throw all food and drink, regardless of what it is into the bins before they can enter.

If I have to spend the remaining 12 match days arguing with bag checking security staff that sandwiches and a bottle of water can't be brought in, but sandwiches and the same sized bottle of water bought inside the stadium is acceptable. Then I will just have to consider my membership and future attendance at the end of the season.

Yep, we were some of those parents throwing away our kids snacks, then getting charged 10 fold to buy the same inside.!

Nothing on ANZ rules state this is a requirement.

I'll be taking this further..

As well as the Sh+t seat allocations for White and Black members (well behind goal line) and with the completely empty rows next to us, on the goal line, that security would not let us move to... !! 

Crap night all round really...

Oh well, at least we got out of the house.. :-)

no2anz...!!!

Edited by MadKaw

The arguments against ANZ have been laid out by many, and whilst I agree with many of the anti-ANZ comments (especially about it being an atmosphere destroying, soulless ground), we all need to remember what you have outlined sometimes, that is what is coming in three seasons. I also agree that the atmosphere will be much better at Spotless. 

Unfortunately I don't think we will ever completely get rid of ANZ. Realistically I think the best we can hope for are 1-1-1 seasons (between the three grounds) when Parra is finally built.

I'm happy with supporting the Wanderers and have been since the formation of the club. I'm proud of the fans who put their hard effort into the tifos, the  fans that have created our club chants, and even the fans that are going to our youth squad games and supporting them as they are future of the club.

However, you've got idiots who are "supporting the Wanderers" and igniting flares which Gallop has warned clubs not to do and if you do, the club will pay  consequences. These are the "so-called fans" that I'm NOT willing to support.

These "fans"  have now put the team in jeopardy from getting 3 points docked and usually these "so-called fans" are sometimes apart of the RBB. But, If the "fan" that lit up the flare last night at the game isn't an RRB fan, well then I apologise for accusing the RBB for doing something that is completely wrong.

On a serious note, what do these "fans" actually accomplish from lighting up a flare? That's something I'll never understand.

LOL this argument has been going since day dot.

You want all the people who are in the RBB to behave how you want them to. You are happy to soak up the atmosphere but critical if it goes to what you deem to be "too far". You assume the tifo peeps and flare peeps are different. You can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want atmosphere but don't like the way that it is currently achieved then start your own group. WST did it. But I doubt you'll get a different attitude towards flares from them lol

As for what it accomplishes, it adds atmosphere. Proof of that is that most events now have "legal flares" on display before the game and sometimes after. Plus it fires up the people that you say you support who sing the songs that give the atmosphere.

MY THOUGHTS:

- I was watching the game from a restaurant as my partner decided to take me out for an early birthday dinner, I saw bits of the game and all I can say is that is wasn't a nice birthday wish...

- Right from the start, I knew we were f*cked, Hamill is NOT a left back and Clisby was on the bench? terrible decision. I honestly think the left back position is going to be a major issue this season, we should of never released Elrich.

- Redmayne back to his antics again . So glad his contract is up at the end of this season (same for the likes of Hamill). We need a decent goalkeeper, problem is there isn't much Australian goalkeepers available (unless Covic decides to join us again but he is past his prime now).

- Pinatares & Borda looks to be Pio v2.0. it'll be interesting to see what the lineup will be next week since Borda has got a suspension (don't use Hamill)

- Jumpei is a great player, I think him and Nichols will work well together. Martinez seems like a good additive to the club as well. Bulut, Jumpei, Nichols & Martinez is our starting 4...Popa, make it happen (and also, don't use Hamill)

- Its seems that the RBB don't understand the word "disloyal" and decided to use flares, nice work, dumbc*nts. An absolute disgrace towards the club.

CONCLUSION: Sh*t game, s*it performance, sh*t way to start the reason, Hamill & Redmayne are f*cking s*it. The only thing that was good tonight was dinner at the restaurant.

Not only did we lose tonight, but it looks like we'll be starting the season with minus 3 points. Thanks RBB you useless c*nts...

Thanks MathYou for your commentary from a restaurant on an opening season Derby game. And your 'that side of Anzac Parade' opinion of the entire RBB but please don't stand up for us we wouldn't want you to go to too much trouble in actively supporting the club you love. Oh yeah happy birthday chump and do keep coming back. Your support distinguishes night from day for those who spend days painting tifos whilst you exhaust your intellectual abilities enlightening us Hobbits.

Thank you for "roasting" me, DamnedUnited.

Also, If you're going to say I'm not a "true fan" of the Wanderers, well then why the f*ck is this on my wall which has been there almost 2 years ago?!LL1zG7w.jpg

Oh my.