Around the Bloc S05E02: It’s A Long Journey

Around the Bloc S05E02: It's a Long Journey

4-0, yeah, we know. We talk about why THAT happened, what we can do to fix it, and also try and find some positives in the game. Membershippackgate didn’t help the situation either, but we look forward to the game against Adelaide who showed a few signs of weakness against the jets on the weekend.

This is Around the Bloc

On iTunes or your podcast app or on our website here:

http://www.aroundthebloc.com.au/s05e02-its-a-long-journey/

Around The Bloc on Facebook

Around The Bloc on Twitter

Around the Bloc on instagram

lol turner with call of the week

"alot of people saying well it is the first time they have played together....it looks like it is the first time they have played defense" :rofl:  :rofl:

Onpoint

ATB imo is at it's finest when the wit is spontaneous.

I'd agree, but I'm not sure which one of you is the wit?

"alot of people saying well it is the first time they have played together....it looks like it is the first time they have played defense" :rofl:  :rofl:

Onpoint

i think nova is the ****wit

turner is the halfwit

and Brendan is the dimbwit  :ninja:

The company I work for used to have an office in North Sydney. A guy I work with once went across the bridge accidentally twice in one morning (and once deliberately to cancel out his first mistake).

Apparently it's a thing.

This is late

I distinctly remember reading an interview with Gretel Killeen in the early 2000s, which when they got rid of the old guys voice on cityrail, and explained that she was the new one. "Is it strange to hear yourself" "What are you doing next season on Big Brother" etc etc.

Now it's possible I (and many others) were taken in by a piece of satire. Maybe. If so it was a damn good one.

"..there's nothing like going across the Harbour Bridge by accident.."

This.

I don't understand how this still happens to people. 

As a non local.. who never learns from his mistakes... yeah. It still happens. 

I'm ashamed to say I've done this multiple times. I did it just recently going to Luna Park. Came along the M2, missed the turn and went over the bridge into the city. Had to turn around and go back across.

I find where it splits into multiple lanes and roads right before the entry really confusing and I'm usually following my GPS which isn't the most concise or quick.

Yeah I think all GPS goes scrambled a bit when in the city (although mine hasn't to be fair - I know my old Toyota 86 used to scramble with the reception in the city). 

Honestly I don't find it that bad, I'm used to driving around there, I think the more often people do it, the better they get at it. 

Onpoint

turner is the halfwit

- calls someone a dimwit

- spells 'dimwit' wrong

:smurfnono:

In other news - I have been driving over the harbour bridge occasionally for work and I thought I had it down pat until one day I had to drive from neutral bay. I ended up in the wrong lane and although I went across the bridge on purpose, I almost ended up on the cahill expressway and on the entirely wrong side of the city, if not for a quick break in traffic and about a 4 lane crossover by myself to get to the western suburbs exit, where I belonged (in more ways than one!)

Onpoint

turner is the halfwit

- calls someone a dimwit

- spells 'dimwit' wrong

:smurfnono:

In other news - I have been driving over the harbour bridge occasionally for work and I thought I had it down pat until one day I had to drive from neutral bay. I ended up in the wrong lane and although I went across the bridge on purpose, I almost ended up on the cahill expressway and on the entirely wrong side of the city, if not for a quick break in traffic and about a 4 lane crossover by myself to get to the western suburbs exit, where I belonged (in more ways than one!)

hahaha it is safe to say that i am really all of the above lol