Around the Bloc S05E04: Finders (New) Keepers

Around the Bloc S05E04: Finders (New) Keepers

The talking points weren’t exactly positive after our first game at the showground, after letting a 2 goal lead quite literally slip through our fingers, ending up with just a point.

With that behind us though, we return to our new Wanderland this Saturday for a game against a team we should beat… Should.

This is Around the Bloc.

On iTunes or your podcast app or on our website here:

http://www.aroundthebloc.com.au/s05e04-finders-new-keepers/

Around The Bloc on Facebook

Around The Bloc on Twitter

Around the Bloc on instagram

My memory is very hazy but I seem to recall that at the Iron Duke hotel the urinal had a long window at eye level which looked out into the beer garden. I might be getting mixed up with somewhere else though.

Hey guys, FYI. Hamill wasn't meant to come on. It was Pinitares that was meant to come on for Baccus. Popa had to change his plans because Clisby pulled up.

The first goal we conceded came down to Redmayne average positioning and misjudging the flight of the ball. He came out, took 2 steps to the left, and then decided late that he would try to punch the ball. At the point where he decided to jump, he realised he was in no man's land. I don't think it mattered what his decision was by that point, we would've conceded either way. In fairness to Redmayne, I don't think his mistake was as bad a it looked. Some credit should be given to the taker of the free kick, because it was a good one.

Also, Borda didn't jump because he saw Redmayne coming. His choice to get out of the way of Redmaqyne was right IMO. As when a keeper comes, you have to assume he's going to get there.

The free kick that led to the 2nd goal came down to communication. Cornthwaite had him covered. I think Cornthwaite is partially responsible for the free kick, as he should've given Redmayne a shout. Regarding Hoole's free kick, I think poor old Redmayne misjudged how high Hoole's shot was, which led to him doing the wrong dive technique. Seeing it late was probably the main reason he used the wrong technique. But ultimately, this goes back to the dodgy wall he set up. From that distance, you shouldn't be able to get around a wall unless you are a freak. Hoole is no freak

My memory is very hazy but I seem to recall that at the Iron Duke hotel the urinal had a long window at eye level which looked out into the beer garden. I might be getting mixed up with somewhere else though.

The bigger question is whether you discovered this looking out the window or looking in?

Hey guys, FYI. Hamill wasn't meant to come on. It was Pinitares that was meant to come on for Baccus. Popa had to change his plans because Clisby pulled up.

I knew there was a change of plans, didn't realise that Pina was supposed to come on.

For me, I blame Sunday night games and a $hit result which means I have no interest in rewatching the game haha

Great analysis guys.

I think your on the refereeing for the lack of calling fouls on us.

There should have a yellow for the jets player who tugged Bulut in the first half and looked like a DOGSO.

I thought when Nordstrand came on to replace Clut, the momentum changed to the Jets in the second half. Cornthwaite and Borda together are on the slow side.

Edited by Paul01

I knew there was a change of plans, didn't realise that Pina was supposed to come on.For me, I blame Sunday night games and a $hit result which means I have no interest in rewatching the game haha

My bay is on the byline near the bench and I like to watch the subs warm up (and it's hilarious to watch the trainer run out with the big pointing finger when Popa has made the call).

Pinatares was actually up at the halfway line ready to go on. He'd been briefed and he looked pumped. Hamill was dawdling back to the bench when Clisby pulled up lame. Hamill almost got stuck in his tracksuit top he was trying to rip it off so fast. 4th official was scrambling to change the numbers and the ground announcer was still saying Baccus to come off when the sub took place.

Poor Bruno, man. His whole posture changed. He looked pretty crushed actually.