Perth Glory vs Western Sydney Wanderers 06/11/2016 4:00PM

It could all have been so different eh...

Adeleke wins the ball with a perfectly timed tackle. He lays it off to Bruno who is bossing the midfield who in turn passes it to mr. Perpetual motion, Saba, who dribbles past 3 gets to the bye line and swings over the cross. Who's that leaping like a salmon at the far post? Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No its Pio, and that's his hat trick :)

it's nice even now & then to have a laugh!

Like those West Brom fans! Legends
Not as good my favourite Southend chant

"Southend Southend we're **** but we're beating you!"

Sang on the few occasions they took the lead

Fook me Sarfend as you lot pronounce it lol Dont see many Sarfend supporters in Southend let alone in Sydney. I went to Roots Hall in the mid 90's, wooden stand i seem to recall that bounced up and down! Sarfend were a championship sidd then and pushing for the EPL! Probablg havent been as high since.

Oh no, poor Riva :lol:

Thanks people for the laugh this morning :rofl: + :good:

Is it Sunday yet? Itching to get going! I'm unsure what will happen this game, Perth are a clever team & I can see them using the strategy that they'll remain compact hoping that the score line doesn't blow out early on. They know this season has been characterised by defensive lapses & Keogh/Taggart will look to pounce on any small errors. The back pass from Cornflakes was slightly under hit last week & Redmayne a touch on his heels not expecting it just shows we are a bit vulnerable right now.

I can see the biggest thing about our line up is that Popa is trying to show faith in his first XI & hoping that will lead to growing confidence. Players like Borda & Bulut know that if you aren't at your best there are players like Aspro, Santa & Scott ready to step up. I think the start of the rotation process now might cause more issues rather than be beneficial. Don't get me wrong, I know it is beneficial & eventually will happen (maybe with a Sunday to Friday turn around involving two away trips) but Saturday to Sunday turnaround I can't see it as likely.

On the ATB suggestion was made that we might play on the counter. Unlikely based on Perth Stats this season

vs........... Shots(goals) poss

CCM.......... 14(3)......... 42%

Nix............... 12(2)........ 48%

Melb City....... 9(3)......... 35%

Roar................ 5(1)........ 40%

Edited by Paul01

both teams playing the counter. Will be riveting end to end stuff and the midfield will be completely bypassed.

I both disagree & agree.

I wouldn't say we play on the counter. I think that when two teams play an open attacking game it leads to a situation where teams take turns at each other to attack one another. You could say that the Wanderers style is playing on the counter but only in certain situations & a lot of it depends on how Perth set up.

If Perth try to play possession with a high line & a high press mirroring our tactics then I can see us being able to hit them on the counter. Many teams set up against us to sit men behind the ball & force us to break them down which doesn't lend itself to a counter attaching style.

I see Kenny setting up his team like Easts, Jets & Mariners. The lesson he can take out of the one game we managed to win was that when Adelaide opened up & went for the win, we have the ability to counter & score. In fact it seems so far that the game we least deserved to get anything from was the Adelaide game, which is quite ironic.