Around the Bloc S05E06: Not Perthect

Around the Bloc S05E06: Not Perthect

A point away from home that felt hard earned, rather than 2 points lost, was a new feeling for us Wanderers fans this week, and it involved the quintessential Santalab experience – a goal and a yellow card.

We look towards our next fixture, away against Melbourne Victory, and what we’ll need to do to stop the Kiwi Messi, the Albanian Salesman and the eerie sound of silence coming from where the home fans used to stand.

This is Around the Bloc.

On iTunes or your podcast app or on our website here:

http://www.aroundthebloc.com.au/s05e06-not-perthect/

Around The Bloc on Facebook

Around The Bloc on Twitter

Around the Bloc on instagram

Here's some feedback

-agree with Nick on Santalab tackle only a yellow

-agree on giving Redmayne support

-on chanting, the PA at Spotless is louder than the RBB in the stands. Need the RBB to have a ground level microphone

-where is Amdy P ground announcer at Pirtek?

-Peter Storrie parting ways with the Mariners

I think Andy is commentating on the Indian PL or something?

I think he is promoting defibrillators for sports because one of his best mates died from a heart attack whilst playing football. Heartbeat of Football from memory

IMO I agree with supporting Redmayne, so sue/shoot me.

Listening through all the chants the one that stands out to modify is Tetris (Western Sydney We Adore You)

Andrew Redmayne

We support you

Andrew Redmayne

For you we sing

Hay

Na na na na..... 

This can also work for a whole lot of other players for eg

Kusukami

We support you

Kusukami

For you we sing

Hay

Na na na na.....

Other names that fit in, Karem Bulut (if he comes back), Pinatares, Nic Martniez, Johny Aspro. I know i'm semi changing the names but it fits. 

Plus this chant goes off. 

Edited by ReticentWarrior

Andrew Redmayne has the same amount of syllables as Western Sydney, so pretty much any of those chants would work although most people in the rbb are both tone deaf and about 3 quarters actually deaf, so if we started an existing chant with new words, the old words would almost certainly get sung instead

I note with interest you feel that the Who do we sing for is falling flat. Where I sit (234, which is goal line at the opposite end of the stadium) its seems most people get into it. Just the same as at parra where we were in bay 49. I think the issue is the shape of the stadium and the position of the RBB means that sound coming from the RBB gets amplified by the stadium/roof behind them and is projected out to everyone else. and then the opposite happens coming back to the RBB the parts of the stadium facing back to the RBB has nothing behind them so the sound is lost and the sides close to the RBB are facing away so the sound is projected away from the RBB. So i think perhaps we a being a bit premature in writing off the "non actives" about this. 

Thanks for the podcast.

I'm at 206 for spotless, and who do we sing for is awesome. Please keep it up.

From my point of view it seems like the active bays are doing a great job, and have been trying to compensate for the ground. Mind you my parra tickets were very ordinary.

+1 on giving Redmayne support.

+1 on the pa being too loud.

Also I love the new chant, I've taken to using the podcast clip of it for waking my kids up!

Spot on & echo many of the points above, bigger RBB is pretty much the only thing going for spotless right now, PA too loud & too much crap playing (but have been sending this message to the club for 2 possibly 3 seasons by now?), WDYSF is epic especially with the top tier

Thanks for the podcast.

I'm at 206 for spotless, and who do we sing for is awesome. Please keep it up.

From my point of view it seems like the active bays are doing a great job, and have been trying to compensate for the ground. Mind you my parra tickets were very ordinary.

+1 on giving Redmayne support.

+1 on the pa being too loud.

Also I love the new chant, I've taken to using the podcast clip of it for waking my kids up!

Welcome to the forum homerj,

If you are looking for more, check out the RBB YouTube channel, they have the majority of chants up there. Also a whole heap of others on the ZappaRBB YouTube channel.