Around the Bloc S05E07: Borda Insecurity

Around the Bloc S05E07: Borda Insecurity

If you’re anything like us, your happiness rollercoastered from about 80% to 99% to 0% within about 45 minutes on Saturday night. A struggling defence couldn’t keep up with Victory’s competent attack and we were put on show. Of course we also look forward to playing Melbourne City this weekend, who have been quiet at best this season… haven’t they?

This is Around the Bloc.

On iTunes or your podcast app or on our website here:

http://www.aroundthebloc.com.au/s05e07-borda-insecurity/

Around The Bloc on Facebook

Around The Bloc on Twitter

Around the Bloc on instagram

Interesting regarding Gillet. I did a bit of research according to this 

http://www.ultimatealeague.com/referee_detail.php?referee_id=29

Our record is 6 wins 4 draws and 7 losses with him in charge.

He was in charge for the 3-2 game with city when Pio scored and didn't allow it. But yeah Popa wasn't wrong it was 1 win in 11 before that he was very favourable with us 

He was in charge the last time we won a derby, also for 6-1 win back in season 1 

So yeah popa clearly using the stats to his favour. 

For mine as Pistola said purely a way to deflect attention if you go through the games at lot of them we deserved to lose, like the other night.

He was in charge for the 3-2 game with city when Pio scored and didn't allow it. But yeah Popa wasn't wrong it was 1 win in 11 before that he was very favourable with us

He was in charge the last time we won a derby, also for 6-1 win back in season 1

So yeah Popa clearly using the stats to his favour.

For mine as Pistola said purely a way to deflect attention if you go through the games at lot of them we deserved to lose, like the other night.

i thought the Pio disallowed goal was against Adelaide with Ben Williams as the referee.

i thought the Pio disallowed goal was against Adelaide with Ben Williams as the referee.

nah pritty sure it was city, and he called it back because he pulled kisnorbo out of position to talk to him and ruled that he didnt give him time to get back in possession before play started.... if it is the disallowed goal im thinking of.

nah pritty sure it was city, and he called it back because he pulled kisnorbo out of position to talk to him and ruled that he didnt give him time to get back in possession before play started.... if it is the disallowed goal im thinking of.
the one i remember most was Pio being jersey tugged by Dylan McGowan with Pio kicking the ball past Galekovic at the southern end of Pirtek.

Maybe the Kisnorbo was at the northern end against City

Gunner is talking about the "offside" goal that was actually GIVEN to Pio because City all stopped when the linesman raised his flag but the ref waved play on.

Pio's celebration was stopped short because of the confusion.

But the goal was given.

wasn't Dario the supposed offside player?

Nah I think wswanderersfc is right. The one where Pio scored and City stopped thinking it was offside was the 3-0 win. Gunner was referring to the 3-2 loss which was Gillett being a knob.

whem isn't he?

I'm glad Ivan is on frequently now (missing his Spanish commentary) and not leaving the show early.. Also I've noticed Nova no longer leaving to go to the gym! Haha

Stereo got cancelled so no need any more

I'm glad Ivan is on frequently now (missing his Spanish commentary) and not leaving the show early.. Also I've noticed Nova no longer leaving to go to the gym! Haha

I saw Nova at the bar just after the march entered Etihad he's massive no more gym needed. 

Can confirm Nova is a unit

he's more of a 1st floor studio in merrylands than a 3 bedder penthouse on the Parra river, but hes a unit nonetheless

good episode. Definitely hammered the disapproval of Popa ref comment.

Also, you guys don't get many emails do you?  :acute:  :friends:

good episode. Definitely hammered the disapproval of Popa ref comment.

Also, you guys don't get many emails do you? :acute::friends:

whilst you guys hammered Popa

Heres a few facts for tje last 3 games under (Roar) Gillett

v Adelaide Loss 1-3 GF and no yellow cards to Adelaide

v Smurfs Loss 0-4 R1 with multiple fouls by Smurfs not called plus handshake with Carney going off the field

v Vics Loss 0-3 with penalty not called