Prydzopolis

2017 Asian Champions League Thread

I imagine teams will be staying in the area. The host club pays for the accommodation.

Any 4/5 star hotels in Campbelltown??

We should pay for them to stay in North Sydney.

There's no doubt that Train travel between Campbelltown and Parramatta out side peak hrs is a pain in the backside.

I and many of our supporters who live in the Campbelltown / Macarthur area are all too familiar with this problem.

From reading this thread this morning I was prompted to ring local State opposition M.P Greg Warren. Had a good chat and whinge about the issue with one of his Staff. She advised that representation was made a while back to gladys berejiklian the then Minister for transport, however, the minister dismissed the issue. (FFS this is 2016 and one cannot get to and from 2 major centres in western Sydney by Public transport)

I informed Greg Warren's staff member that it would be appreciated if Greg would raise the issue again especially in light of the forth coming AFC games at Leumeah next year. She was certainly happy to do this even if it's just for these game.

One can only hope.

I imagine teams will be staying in the area. The host club pays for the accommodation.

Any 4/5 star hotels in Campbelltown??

Lederer called last night asked about tenting options in my backyard. I told him I'm on a 950 square block - plenty of room for our Asian friends. Lederer is trying to shaft me though so may not happen.

What's traffic like heading that way from Blacktown after work.. I'm guessing pretty ****?

Live in Blacktown but work in North Sydney.. home around 630, but then need to jump in the car for the drive down.. I'm guessing no chance of making it to the stadium in time? Probably quicker to just train it all the way down to Ctown I'm assuming?

What's traffic like heading that way from Blacktown after work.. I'm guessing pretty ****?

Live in Blacktown but work in North Sydney.. home around 630, but then need to jump in the car for the drive down.. I'm guessing no chance of making it to the stadium in time? Probably quicker to just train it all the way down to Ctown I'm assuming?

Might not be too bad if you jump on the M2/M7 from Blacktown. Have a look at the live traffic this week around those times on the RTA or Google maps as an indication.

Might not be too bad if you jump on the M2/M7 from Blacktown. Have a look at the live traffic this week around those times on the RTA or Google maps as an indication.

Have you got a chance of making it, Erebus?? Bit far for you!

Have you got a chance of making it, Erebus?? Bit far for you!

take a half day.

So looks very likely we'll play Guangzhou Evergrande again...

Good chance we'll either go up against Kashima or Urawa 

So looks very likely we'll play Guangzhou Evergrande again...

Good chance we'll either go up against Kashima or Urawa

Kashima in! They play great football, the matches would be great to watch

Add Kawasaki to the mix... 

Here I thought I was the only looking up ACL matches tonight!

I like that 3 of the 4 Japanese teams we could potentially play are within a stone's throw of Tokyo, train transport-wise. Makes away travel that much easier!

Also did some geeky fixture analysis from last 2 years and am predicting matches in following order Away-Home-Away-Home-Home-Away. Matchday 1 to be away vs Japan 3rd club. Now I'm ready for egg to be thrown on my face come fixtures-release day :xnod:

An interesting bit of news: http://www.scmp.com/sport/hong-kong/article/2046961/hong-kongs-champions-league-debut-doubt-asian-football-confederation If Hong Kong loses their automatic spot, Australia may benefit - so Roar gets the 3rd automatic qualifying and 4th-placed Melbourne City gets the play-off spot. Mind-boggling that you could finish 4th in a 10-team league and still participate in the Asian Champions League  :ninja:

Also that bit of Hong Kong news is a bit old and since then it seems that Eastern will be their entrant into the group stage next year.

In all honesty, I hope that the AFC change up how they do the fixtures as its become very predictable. Would like to see us have a crack at Eastern or Muangthong....

DRAW IS ON DECEMBER 12 by the way

Here I thought I was the only looking up ACL matches tonight!

I've been trying to work out who we are playing for months!

We may not potentially know which Japanese team we are playing until Jan 1 because of the Emperors Cup....

Or even so, we may not know until early Feb if the Japanese team have to qualify through the playoffs. That would truly suck tho.

yeah the whole "J-League Team 1/2/3" thing is annoying when trying to organise an away trip.

It's extremely likely we'll be going up against a team from the Tokyo vicinity... (if you count Kashima).

The cup winner are usually the 2nd seeded Japanese team and because we'll be the 2nd seeded team we won't go up against them.

However, that might all change if the AFC decide to mix it up this year

So basically we need to draw with a Japanese champion in our group.

When's the draw? Its something like Dec 2 right? (I think I read that somewhere)

December 12

I mentioned it above ^^ :P

Grrrrrrr it should be AFC in the title...

Why AFC? I thought it was ACL?
AFC Champions League ;)
If you ask our benevolent dictator nicely he might do it :)

Unfortunately it is too late for me to edit the first post

Dammit, the clock is ticking. 

I'm pretty sure we find out on ACL draw day (dec 12) the dates we are playing, but the other half is adamant we only know teams in group on the day. Actual match dates will only be finalised 1-2 weeks after? 

I just want to know now so I can start booking flights. Got family to see in Singapore on the way to Japan, and fares sale is ending soon  :nono:

We should know them on the day.

I'm pretty sure we find out on ACL draw day (dec 12) the dates we are playing, but the other half is adamant we only know teams in group on the day. Actual match dates will only be finalised 1-2 weeks after? 

I just want to know now so I can start booking flights. Got family to see in Singapore on the way to Japan, and fares sale is ending soon  :nono:

Normally matchdays are listed as Team 1 v Team 2 and home and away, from memory from past draws.

its just whether we know which Japanese team we get (but seems they are all Tokyo based-ish)

We're looking at doing Japan away too, depending on dates though.

I just want to know now so I can start booking flights. Got family to see in Singapore on the way to Japan, and fares sale is ending soon :nono:

Normally matchdays are listed as Team 1 v Team 2 and home and away, from memory from past draws.

its just whether we know which Japanese team we get (but seems they are all Tokyo based-ish)

We're looking at doing Japan away too, depending on dates though.

Yeah they usually have this in the rules and regulations booklet which you can find in PDF form on the AFC website.

However, after thorough reading, they seem to have left it out of next year's one. Or they are going to update it at a later date.

I'll keep everyone updated.

I'm looking at Japan away too.

Definitely can't wait for this draw, depending on how the away games fall keen on getting to all of them ( probably unlikely) . Definitely would like to get to Japan , haven't been to Tokyo in a long time.

But if you can't , consider Korea - been there twice and its a great country to travel in.

Definitely can't wait for this draw, depending on how the away games fall keen on getting to all of them ( probably unlikely) . Definitely would like to get to Japan , haven't been to Tokyo in a long time.

But if you can't , consider Korea - been there twice and its a great country to travel in.

If you can't get to Japan, get to Korea. It's much closer and easier to get to.

:P

Ok so I've realised (according to Wikipedia, but usually reliable for this sort of information) that we are ranked below China on the AFC Club rankings which means it will be harder to predict who we are playing in the group stage. 

We've dropped down.

There is a chance that the 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 champions will all be in the same group next year. Plus Urawa.

Would be the ultimate group of death.