Around the Bloc: OTB (Over the Bridge) Episode 1

Welcome to the first episode of ATB: Over the Bridge.

Stephen and Josh get together to discuss where Popa is taking the team and where the Wanderers need to recruit in January to be competitive in both the A-League and the AFC Champions League.

This is Around the Bloc.

Proudly sponsored by Mulberry Tree Cafe

On iTunes or your podcast app or on our website here:
http://www.aroundthebloc.com.au/atb-over-the-bridge-episode-1/
Around The Bloc on Facebook
Around The Bloc on Twitter
Around the Bloc on instagram

Great discussion guys.

I think the only issue that you didn't discuss was the ACL squad size and the the requirement for 3 goalkeepers.

Who was the third GK for the Asian Champions League campaigns?

Great discussion guys.

I think the only issue that you didn't discuss was the ACL squad size and the the requirement for 3 goalkeepers.

We can discuss that next week when we review the draw.

Manos was the 3rd keeper from memory in the first campaign. They usually use the NYL keeper as the 3rd choice.

Great discussion guys.

We can discuss that next week when we review the draw.

Manos was the 3rd keeper from memory in the first campaign. They usually use the NYL keeper as the 3rd choice.

manos now with the smurfs😞ðŸ˜

heward-belle released by the Mariners due to study.

I think another talking point will be playing our ACL games at C-town stadium. Why not souless or ANZ stadium?

Probably availability. Same reason why we aren't playing HAL games at Spotless for a bunch of dates due to BBL and Easter Show.

ACL rules state that you have to play all (group) games at the same location. Its the reason why Brisbane played in Gold Coast (lol) a couple years ago because Suncorp wasn't available for 1 or more dates.

But definitely something to touch upon

Edited by Erebus

Nice addition to the normal ATB podcast.

I think another talking point will be playing our ACL games at C-town stadium. Why not souless or ANZ stadium?

AFL season and Easter Show for Soulless, and #NoToANZ (too big).

Probably availability. Same reason why we aren't playing HAL games at Spotless for a bunch of dates due to BBL and Easter Show.

ACL rules state that you have to play all (group) games at the same location. Its the reason why Brisbane played in Gold Coast (lol) a couple years ago because Suncorp wasn't available for 1 or more dates.

Is there other options? 

- Belmore Sportsground

- Pepper Stadium

Am I missing any other stadiums?

Is there other options?

- Belmore Sportsground

- Pepper Stadium

Pepper had to ruled out as ground had to be fully seated i believe under ACL rules. Edited by Paul01

Hey all,

Details for the upcoming AFC Champions League which will be discussed next episode http://www.the-afc.com/afc-champions-league-2017/afc-champions-league-2017-slot-allocation-and-draw-date-set

The following thread for AFC CL talk on WSF.com can be found here: http://www.westsydneyfootball.com/topic/6865-2017-asian-champions-league-thread/

Stephen and I have discussed some items of what to talk about on the show - if you have any questions - feel free to email us at feedback@aroundthebloc.com.au or post in this thread. 

Cheers,

Speccy

Edited by spectacular291

Is there other options?

- Belmore Sportsground

- Pepper Stadium

Pepper had to ruled out as ground had to be fully seated i believe under ACL rules.

campbeltown isn't fully seated either.

Around the Bloc: OTB (Over the Bridge) Episode 2

Welcome to the second episode of ATB: Over the Bridge.

Stephen and Josh are back in Episode 2 to discuss the AFC Champions League 2017 draw which put Wanderers in Group F alongside FC Seoul, Japan Team 2 and Playoff Winner 3.

This is Around the Bloc.

http://www.aroundthebloc.com.au/atb-over-the-bridge-episode-2/

• 1 month later...

ATB Over the Bridge Episode 3

On this episode of ATB: Over the Bridge, Stephen and Josh discuss the January transfer window thus far, Wanderers recruitment as a whole, and touch on the new 4+1 Visa rule for the future of the A-League.

http://www.aroundthebloc.com.au/atb-over-the-bridge-episode-3/